Unable to create SiteBuilder user (2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

beverlya

Reaction score
Trying to create first website - continually getting above error - what am I doing wrong?? I enter project name and leave URL Path blank - click on "Add website with Sitebuilder" and error pops on screen.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi beverlya,

We're currently having some issues with RVSiteBuilder, and we might be unable to keep it supported as a result of this.

I would advise that you use an alternative to RVSiteBuilder to make your website, as there is no guarentee that RVSiteBuilder will be coming back due to the huge amount of issues it has been causing. You could run software, such as Joomla, on your account using our easy auto-installer, Softaculous, or you could design your website using your own WYSIWYG software on your computer and upload it to your account.

Thank you,

musicamsacram81

Reaction score
I designed my website using RVSiteBuilder. I would like to edit it now using a different website design program since RVSiteBuilder is not available. How do I do this without losing any content or formatting? Thanks.

Melissa

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I designed my website using RVSiteBuilder. I would like to edit it now using a different website design program since RVSiteBuilder is not available. How do I do this without losing any content or formatting?
RVSiteBuilder uses its own proprietary format which is stored using Zend compression - the free-hosting servers understands Zend compression
If you do NOT have access to RVSiteBuilder the site's content (source code) will not be accessible by any of the other site builder tools (programs)

My advice is to avoid the convenience of site builders that use their own proprietary format, since your site's source code is then locked to their editor
Use a "site builder" that will let you create/update your site - then it compiles (makes) standard source files that you can edit with any code editor

musicamsacram81

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. My current website is great, but I just can't edit it because I had been using RVSitebuidler to edit. To edit it, I'm thinking of installing Joomla to my current domain. If I do that, will all of my content be deleted?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. My current website is great, but I just can't edit it because I had been using RVSitebuidler to edit. To edit it, I'm thinking of installing Joomla to my current domain. If I do that, will all of my content be deleted?
Make backups before doing anything. Always a good idea, just in case.

Its probably best to remove all the RVSiteBuilder generated files before installing Joomla or things could get messy. Go to your website and copy the text/image content of each page (in addition to the earlier backups). This text can then be pasted into Joomla after you install that. Adding the same content to Joomla should be relatively easy.

Transferring the theme could be tricky though. You can try looking online for a Joomla template that looks like the theme you're using with the site builder, learn how to develop Joomla templates, or just choose a different pre-made template.

I do second what others said above about avoiding site builders that use their own proprietary format.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I would just like to add that you may still be able to edit your site in another site builder (such as Dreamweaver, for example). I took a look at your account, and it looks like the RVSiteBuilder site (assuming it is in /public_html/) hasn't actually been encrypted in any way, so other site builders should be able to recognise it.

I still agree with everyone else, however. Using a CMS such as Joomla and transferring everything over to there may still be the best option here. :)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.