Unofficial x10hosting WordPress Theme

Would you use X10hosting related WordPress theme?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
OK after http://x10hosting.com/forums/graphics-webdesign/116303-unofficial-x10hosting-wallpaper-3.html and after leafypiggy said he could make a WordPress theme out of my PSD I decided to make a new thread about it so anybody who is interested in collaborating can give their share of time to make this project work.

As for know I made a first PSD version (using 960 Grid system) and I would like to know what you all think about it. I'm also expecting leafypiggy so stick to his word LOL!

I'll send a PSD to anybody who's interested in coding it to WordPress. I juts want a link "designed by: Aivel Design" on the bottom, that's all. Link should be to http://www.aiveldesign.com/

If you need a PSD just PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.

Come on x10ers, let's make this work!

Attachments

• wp_x10hosting_960&.jpg
    wp_x10hosting_960&.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 86

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course I'll keep my word. Send meh that PSD

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I PMed you a link to the PSD file.

Now this is why we are Community Advocates :) :) :)

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Now this is why we are Community Advocates
@leaffypiggy & @leviathon
Very true. You are both truly Community Advocates.
And that has not gone unnoticed by most members of the community.
Keep up the great work.

danprobo

Reaction score
I like the design.

@leviathon and @leafypiggy: Can you create web design like this? It's Drupal site, and the price for this theme is 260 USD, for buyout 2.800 USD (theme name: "lockdown", here the shop where they buy it). This theme is not perfect, example the menu "Success" on top. If you can, maybe we can work together, I'm not a good designer but can creating a simple Drupal theme like this.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Theme for what? Would it be a "unofficial x10hosting Drupal theme" or you would like me to design you a theme?

By the way, I'm currently working on some really time consuming project and I have to learn Java and GoogleAppEngine (I'm not a Java programmer) so I doubt I'll have time for something like this.

danprobo

Reaction score
Yes I need a designer not themer (i.e. creating the navigation image, rounded corner image or background image), the plan is I want to sell a Premium Drupal theme.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh I see, you want me to make you a design for free so you can sell it :confused: Interesting indeed.

danprobo

Reaction score
Not "me" but "we" sell it :)

This website is the top of list of Premium Drupal theme and after look their work in online website, I think we have a chance :)

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a completely different story then. I can do pretty much any kind of template in PSD so I guess you can contact me via PM or mail (contact at aiveldesign dot com) if you are interested in any kind of cooperation. We don't want to go off topic here so please contact me instead of posting here. Thanks.

danprobo

Reaction score
OK thanks. Please complete that wordpress theme, maybe I'll ported it to Drupal theme and adding it to Drupal.org, even not 100% similar :)

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Very sorry for the delay everyone.

Been busy with Finals and Work, and everything else in my life.

I'm literally starting this RIGHT NOW. After I have lunch.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's newer to late to start as long as you start it :)

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
And after I decided to stop procrastinating. I got this done in ~ 5 hours.

http://neilhanlon.com/x10WP/

I'll be porting it to wordpress next week. :)

Leviathon: Please tell me if you want me to change anything.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I am going to sound annoying but I'm a perfectionist by nature and I can't help it :) So yes there are some thing I would like to point out.

1) First of all, you could add some more top padding to articles. The title is too close to the top border. You know, to give it some breathing space.

2) Try to put all the social icons in one row. You could just make the right sidebar wider and it should do the trick. Now icons are displayed in two lines which kinda breaks the design.

3) It would be nice if you could make "Latest Posts" and "Latest Comments" to follow my original design (look at the picture below).

Untitled-1.jpg

4) I'll appreciate if you could change the link to my website form Leviathon Software to Aivel Design (http://www.aiveldesign.com/).

5) And to prove that I'm really a perfectionist, there's a 1px (yes one pixel) misalignment between navigation menu and content (see picture below) :smile:

Untitled-2.jpg

Sorry about the last one :( You did and excellent job.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I really did try to get the widget part how you wanted it.. I'll try again though.

You definitely want the tri-tabbed switch though, right?

Any links to themes that I can look at so I can figure out *cough* steal *cough* how to do it?

Also, I've addressed the other issues.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You definitely want the tri-tabbed switch though, right?

Not relay. I saw you haven't made the tree-tabbed switch widget and I assumed you are not familiar with it. I was thinking more about actual unordered list (UL) style, like no right padding, border line between elements, etc.

Other than that, it's perfect.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so just modify it to make it look like the design.. I can do that. :)

I have to go to work, so I'll do it tomorrow, or monday. :p

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have to go to work, so I'll do it tomorrow, or monday. :p

No reason to hurry.

By the way, why don't you move the copyright info below the content box (content box is the gray one).