Upcoming Free Hosting Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirduncan

Reaction score
I'm on boru as well and am getting lots of 'The Page is Temporarily Unavailable" errors. I lost a sale today because my store isn't working. Any ideas on this? adventhouseplans.com

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm on boru as well and am getting lots of 'The Page is Temporarily Unavailable" errors. I lost a sale today because my store isn't working. Any ideas on this? adventhouseplans.com

Your site is working at the moment of this post, though your server is currently being worked on.

sirduncan

Reaction score
The main HTML pages do seem to be working (albeit quite slow), but my store is not (adventhouseplans.com/store/) It will sometimes bring up pages, but most of the time it just sits and spins and spins and spins. Then I get that 'Temporarily unavailable' message. It's the same with my forums and my blogs as well.

bcwowner92

Reaction score
Would I be correct in assuming stoli is being worked on at the moment? Just got a 500 Internal Error trying to log into the WordPress admin of my site (http://borissmilelbc.elementfx.com/b/ is the link to WordPress), followed by a "page is currently unavailable" page.

EDIT: My apologies, the site is working again with no notable issue.

Last edited:

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
I will be glad when the boru update is finished, I have gotten the "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." message last night and so far all day today. I have tried clearing cache and flushing dns, so I can only assume it is the update causing the issues. I wish I hadn't written an article yesterday and posted the link to twitter, the buzz, etc. now.

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
who is the provider of the cloud service?
I hope it is not "lightspeed"! I know a host that move to "lightspeed" and the performance is terrible!

paint2010

Reaction score
Wow, that's some update. My site's uptime is escalating back and forth. I can't wait to see how the SAN migration helps speed up things. :D

Last edited:

paint2010

Reaction score
I see that "boru" is migrating. Have not been able to access the site for the past 3 days ... Waiting patiently.

Same here. I have my site monitored on its uptime and downtime. The site's up, down, and up again.

What's the next step after the SAN move?

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
After it is moved to the SAN there will be an immediate and noticeable performance increase. At this time we will start a 2nd sync of the files to make sure none were missed during the first sync. Generally in 24-48 hours after the swap to the SAN you will see the complete difference in performance as we do have to do that 2nd sync, rebuild quotas, and some other minor maintenance. Once the SAN swap is complete there should be no more downtime however.

paint2010

Reaction score
I'll be the judge of that. Hopefully this will boost my site's loading time through the roofs. I have a wordpress that keeps lagging and failing to load all the time. I'm glad to hear that free hosting is getting some spotlight now. :D

harp21649

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thanks, my site is working at the moment... :)

Regards, Bill

paint2010

Reaction score
My site is working as well. It's jumpy though, in the sense that it might lag from one page to another and the next one would be fast.

Last edited:

adamorama26

Reaction score
Will CGI and More services be enabled for free users? Will CGI Email,PHP,, PDO MySQL, MySQL, PhpMyADMIN,and others still be enabled?

balu02

Reaction score
Your hosting services are really very good and i can't resist appreciating them. especially the free services are excellent.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Will CGI and More services be enabled for free users? Will CGI Email,PHP,, PDO MySQL, MySQL, PhpMyADMIN,and others still be enabled?

This does not affect the features offered. We will be looking at additional services this summer as more things are revamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.