Upcoming Portfolio Design

KryptosV2

Reaction score
Decided to spend a few weeks developing a themed, personal portfolio to put up so I could provide a link to potential employers instead of a resume. They would browse it, be impressed and have every available opportunity to contact me via email, phone, etc.

Let me know what you guys think!

dicrain

Reaction score
Not bad. I like the look. I'm not so sure I like the unbalanced border on the inside frame. it's either the color or just over all too thick or something. Anyway, I like the overall look.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Here's a quick critique:
- That's not a logo, especially if you are selling design
- Black main menu with dark red solid lines for separators and even borders (witch are totally unnecessary) and no visual effects is something you should consider doing again
- Uneven light blue border around "Recent News" div are not cool. In design (especially web design) consistency is the key. Remember that ;)
- When we talk about consistency you should also do something about left and right arrows. They are made as buttons (hard gradient and some emboss) and the rest of the site is flat.

Thats just my quicks review. Good luck.

P.S. I like the background though.

KryptosV2

Reaction score
Thanks for the great advice, you two. I do appreciate the honesty since it's the only way I can improve my designs :).

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
What leviathon said (he knows what he's talking about).

However I know what you were going for with the uneven border. If done correctly, it can trick the eyes into making it three-dimensional, as seen in many a geometry text book.. But Leviathon is right, doesn't look good there. :)