Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like I got moved to a new server. I've been reported being on Lotus now via the x10hosting.com subdomain I have :p. Goodbye Absolut! :(

I just have to see if the second/third pass(?) will bring back some files missing from my site. My forum folder has a themes folder as well as a .core file (38MB big) in there, so something's not transferred completely yet :)

Last edited:

sharper

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I see absolut is 100% complete now, however my issues with php/mysql continues... the one where the users I have created cannot access the database.

Yes I have given them all FULL access, yes I have recreated them, yes I have linked them to the correct database. It was working two days ago but no longer... am I missing something here?

Thanks
:dunno:

flsbflsb

Reaction score
WOOPWOOP! Stoli i almost halfway finished! So excited. You guys are BY FAR the greatest people ever. To offer the free services you guys do, I will most definitely be trying out your premium services when I can. Thanks for all the hard work guys and keep it up!
:roflwerd:

rkmon

Reaction score
Give it time. The server is only on it's first pass. There will be issues that the admins will sort out. So submit a ticket and wait for a reply ;)

jilvinja

Reaction score
Help Needed

Please help me. My website is not being updated from 3-06-2009. Why?
Is this because of this development. Please help me.

ed1234yz

Reaction score
Thank you for the message,
I will now always use and reccomend x10 as it is the best hosting ever.

I hope the update will work and keep my error404 page
it all works now! thanks!
ed1234yz

http://www.ed1234dc.co.uk/

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Help Needed

Please help me. My website is not being updated from 3-06-2009. Why?
Is this because of this development. Please help me.

Yes this is because of development....
Thank you for the message,
I will now always use and reccomend x10 as it is the best hosting ever.

I hope the update will work and keep my error404 page
it all works now! thanks!
ed1234yz

http://www.ed1234dc.co.uk/

Yes this will work after maintenance is done of servers

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Well I've gotten my site back up and runnin to 100%. Turns out for whatever reason my forum was the only thing that did not get transferred, so I had to upload everything from a 2 day old backup :D

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, the forums still aren't working perfectly.
I get an error when I attempt to visit them: Unable to load Themes/default/index.template.php!

monkey050

Reaction score
2/3 passes done on Absolut and I'm still missing a critical directory. Am I correct in assuming the automated backups are no longer available? I have no localized backup to restore this folder from. :frown:

At this point, it if doesn't fix itself then there's no going back. I'm going to have to shut down my website and I'm going to lose money after buying a 2 year TLD.

Edit: All my E-mail settings are also missing. I'm really worried. Oh wait, now I'm on Lotus too?!

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, some of you might notice that you have ended up with a new server name, the new ones are bigger and better so 4 servers will become two.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If your information was not copied correctly we not only still have the old server to grab information from we still have all your data on automated backups.

If your files\databases fail to copy after the 3rd pass we can restore them still. We will be opening up a designated area to post issues with the server moves only after each server finishes. These issues will be our top priority.

-Corey

Homeless2

Reaction score
I hope the third pass fixes everything. My site has been down and my files missing for awhile now

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
Was there something changed with DNSes on Chopin? My co.cc domain is now showing me the default page of theirs. My DNS @ co.cc are pointing to ns1.x10hosting.com & ns2.x10hosting.com, and the last update was done on 27.05.09... It was working an hour ago! So, is it due to the update being rolled to other servers now?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
yes that is most likely the cause of that issue, the new server has a new IP and it takes a little while for the DNS records to get updated all over. Give it a few hours.

flushing your dns and forcing your browser to lookup the address might also help.

to flush dns on windows:
start->run, type in cmd click ok
when you get the command line window typ in: ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter

tadueszkwasniewski

Reaction score
yes that is most likely the cause of that issue, the new server has a new IP and it takes a little while for the DNS records to get updated all over. Give it a few hours.

flushing your dns and forcing your browser to lookup the address might also help.

to flush dns on windows:
start->run, type in cmd click ok
when you get the command line window typ in: ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
OpenDNS, which I'm currently using for various reasons (mainly my ISP failing hardly at the uptime of their' DNS server), does not feature DNS flushing. Anyway, if it's just due to server's IP change, I don't mind it. I was afraid that something worse had happened (like for some reason I've lost my domain or hosting), so now I can just go to bed.

Thanks for answer, LadyAnna!

Linkz0rs

Reaction score
OpenDNS, which I'm currently using for various reasons (mainly my ISP failing hardly at the uptime of their' DNS server), does not feature DNS flushing. Anyway, if it's just due to server's IP change, I don't mind it. I was afraid that something worse had happened (like for some reason I've lost my domain or hosting), so now I can just go to bed.

Thanks for answer, LadyAnna!

Actually, in a way OpenDNS does offer DNS Flushing.
You can visit this site here, http://cache.opendns.com and enter your sites name, and refresh the DNS entries... It's really simple.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Well since my site is online since I uploaded a backup, I took note of my forum software, SMF which can finally reverse resolve members' IP addresses again. That function I believe uses ()shell_exec and I haven't been able to use that for months. Glad to see that feature back.

Status
Not open for further replies.