Updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbqclassof2012

Reaction score
Hey i am getting very frustrated because i had a account then i deleted it to go to a ad enhanced version and now it said 270 minutes till it would be created and its taken 2 1/2 days and counting! please tell us when it will be done

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Please be patient. The issue with cPanel is being worked on by the cPanel developers, and there is not much Corey or anyone else can do until that is fixed.

After cPanel gets fixed, the PHP configurations will still need to be upgraded, and any Apache problems will still need to be fixed.

I realize that you probably would like your site ASAP, but would you rather have a site that goes down often due to Apache errors and a limited PHP functionality, or a site that has good uptime with more PHP functions available? I'd pick the latter, even if it means waiting a few days to get it.

As such, please do not yell at Corey or any of the other x10 staff, as they are doing their very best to expedite this upgrade process so that everything can get back to working as it should (because I'm sure they have better things to do than track down bugs as well)

T

themasterrocker

Hey i am getting very frustrated because i had a account then i deleted it to go to a ad enhanced version and now it said 270 minutes till it would be created and its taken 2 1/2 days and counting! please tell us when it will be done

yeah but it's because they are updating the server and they have turned off sign ups due to they are making a new rule for Ad-enhanced

Last edited by a moderator:

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
You guys are great & I understand that these are NORMAL complications and updates NEED to take place from time to time.

I'm just wondering if there are any updates as to the progress? Maybe an estimated time-table or something?

T

themasterrocker

We don't know, your'll have to get an admin to look at you're post, but we careful how you do it because if you PM them they might give you an infraction

Daniel S

Reaction score
You guys are great & I understand that these are NORMAL complications and updates NEED to take place from time to time.

I'm just wondering if there are any updates as to the progress? Maybe an estimated time-table or something?

Like staff have already said we can not provide an estimated times to completion due to it being out of x10's control.

Please don't post here saying "I can't access my site" etc etc. As we are aware of this and the problems are being looked into by cpanel senior engineers.

Thank you.

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

cPanel is working fine for me, so i don't know any problems.

I just would like Apache up and working sometime soon as while cPanel has been online I've been doing mass updates on my site and i need to know if they have worked or not.

EdisonTigersAlumni

Reaction score
cPanel is also working for me...I never experienced a lapse in cPanel...but since Apache is down my site is also down &, like themasterrocker, I have no idea if the file updates I've published are in fact intact. I guess we'll all just have to "Hurry up & wait"!

Hopefully the Apache situation is going well.
Thanks for all of the help you guys!
Josh

Leo Wyatt

Reaction score
Guys, just be patient, I'm sure everything will be up as soon as the X10 staff feel that everything is under control =)

oddsam91

Reaction score
Umm. Yeah just a side note. If you don't like it get over it. You choose to have your website hosted by them. You can't complain if you don't like the downtime if you aren't paying for the service. So quit bugging staff if your site is down. They have already said it's out of their control.

Gwame

Reaction score
Umm. Yeah just a side note. If you don't like it get over it. You choose to have your website hosted by them. You can't complain if you don't like the downtime if you aren't paying for the service. So quit bugging staff if your site is down. They have already said it's out of their control.
Just because we don't pay money doesn't mean they have to put up with a seemingly limitless amount of downtime. We don't pay, but we do advertise for x10 (adEnhanced server). Why open up free hosting in the first place if it's only gonna work half the time? People who can afford paid hosting are always quick to look down on those who are stuck with the free hosting. Stop telling us we have no right to be annoyed.

For all I know, this could be a ploy to encourage us to pay for hosting. If I could afford that, I'd consider it, though I'd be wary of the potential downtime and have to look at other hosts.

T

themasterrocker

Just because we don't pay money doesn't mean they have to put up with a seemingly limitless amount of downtime. We don't pay, but we do advertise for x10 (adEnhanced server). Why open up free hosting in the first place if it's only gonna work half the time? People who can afford paid hosting are always quick to look down on those who are stuck with the free hosting. Stop telling us we have no right to be annoyed.

For all I know, this could be a ploy to encourage us to pay for hosting. If I could afford that, I'd consider it, though I'd be wary of the potential downtime and have to look at other hosts.

I totally agree here. I don't like my sites down for ages because I'm forever updating them with stuff that needs updating!
Edit:
YAY its on... although it doesn't look any different.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Latest update.

[rant]
If you think I'm wasting my time dealing with these issues because I want to force you to sign-up for paid hosting do me a favor and cancel your account now. Myself and the other staff have been monitoring support tickets with our DC and cPanel around the clock since these issues started. We could be like a lot of other free hosts and not even give you an explanation of what is going on. [/rant]

Now, updates... cPanel has claimed they have fixed apache. I'm not 100% sure they have but we'll see. I'm going to try out our original compile plan on Stoli now to see if it works. I will of course, update when finished.

-Corey

votter

Reaction score
Thanks for yours and the staffs hard work. I am glad to know that somebody who gives free hosting gives regular updates and explains the situation clearly. Thanks a bundle and keep up the GREAT work x10 staff. :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.