Upgraded to prime, worse off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
When x10 changed it's free-hosting packages to unmetered and lowered the specs of everything else (Most stuff)

I didn't opt to change from adenhanced-advanced since i was better off.

Basically, i've paid to get double specs on my current account and i haven't.

Such as, i currently have 7 databases out of 4.

I haven't posted sooner, since i dont really login to the panel that often.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Prime isn't /actually/ a double-all package. It's a separate package which is doubled of adfree-unmetered.

I'm not sure what staff will do in this situation though..

Hold tight!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I can change you back to adenhanced-advanced, but this does take away a couple things that are present in the Prime package.

On adenhanced-advanced you can NOT have one minute crons, so that feature would be removed. Also you will be back to the normal resource limits (CPU/Mem) and not have the doubled ones Prime package comes with.

You will still have the no forum login required option active.

Confirm if you want this done.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
Yes, aslong my space/bw/db etc.. will be doubled.

Just a question will it stay like that when it renews in a couple months.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It would likely switch to the prime package plan on renewal, but I'm not a 100% sure about that.

You will not get double of what is on the adenhanced-advanced plan, you will get exactly what you had on that as you'd be moved back to that plan simply, adenhanced packages does not exist anymore in such aspect that they can not be chosen for a new user.
Prime has its set amount of resources, which are double that of the current adfree-infinity plan, it is not a package that does double the resources at hand if you are on any other plan.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
Well i only bought the prime for the double specs on the account, (As it is an upgrade to the current account).

Is there any way of being able to double the specs on my account(I dont care about cpu/mem). Because thats mainly what i want it for as i'm using it as a development site.

Now i'm not going to ask for a refund or a charge back on PayPal (Even though my case is sufficient(and also it's only $3)).

Also, how did i get 7 database's out of 5? (Unless i was on the above one)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no way of knowing what plan you were on before you decided to buy prime, the system does not store that information, I can only go on what you say and you said you had adenhanced-advanced, which is what you were put back on.

Prime is not a per se double all package, it will NOT double your resources if you are on any of the outdated plans no longer offered, it is double of the plan offered to new users (adfree-infinity), with a few added perks, such as more alloted cpu/mem and an inactivity timer.

Lavoaster

Reaction score
Ok, well i'm not going to do anything. I'll just pay for it as a no-login thing. But i am going to suggest something.

On the prime info page, by it's description you would have to allow people on outdated plans all features listed.

Prime membership allows you to take your free hosting account to the next level. For about a penny a day you can get all the great features listed below:

No Forum Login Rule
One Cron Per Minute
Really Cool Forum Badge
Double Allowed CPU\Memory Resources

Double Specs (Databases, Emails, Etc...)
Support Requests Highlighted
Access To Prime Member Forum
No Forum Ads

There is no specification there except what it says. So you would be expected to provide me with everything listed and double of what i currently have.

The only way around this is by adding a line saying that "If you are on one of our outdated packages the double perks will not apply to you" etc...

And yes i know that it's not technically a double all package, the system will see it in a different way since it's configured on the current package but doubled. But in the eyes of an individual and the law, it's not and counts as a mis-sold item/service and false advertising.

Also on me having 7/5 database. i believe i may have had a previous double all package when my plan still existed. since i remember having 20gb space/40gb bw

(Tiny plug, if i'm right mind giving me those double specs(not cpuusage or cron) :rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.