Urgent!! Economical trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok this is what happened: I accidentally dropped my friends external harddrive on the floor and I need to pay it back.

I have 300 SEK and it costs 950 SEK so I need 650 SEK more... and yeah, by wednesday.

Where do I get it?

I am willing to do anything.

No:
Google adSense - How am I supposed to do $81 on 2 days?
PTC - forget it
Helping old people - Need to skip school to manage all those if I ever want that much as ppl only pay 20 SEK - 50 SEK
Newspapers/commercials/etc: Only available on saturday and sunday

Last edited:

PhantomChick

Reaction score
Could you work it out with your friend where you pay a little back each day?

Would skipping lunch be an option? Where I'm at, an average lunch is $4-$8... and that would only take about 10-20 days to pay for the drive. Your friend might be willing to work with you seeing that you would be sacrificing your lunch.

This might not work if your friend cannot wait past Wed... or if you already eat cheap lunches like me. (At less than $1/meal, I'm a huge fan of good-ol' Peanut Butter & Jelly.)

Good luck. I hate running into unplanned expenses. :(

edit: spelling

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
He needs a new hdd on thursday because he should at a lan party.

Lunch in Sweden is free, and will always be I hope.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Sell some stuff on eBay, or find out if he'll accept a smaller drive temporarily and give him the remainder as money

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I friend....you dropped the guys harddrive....what happens if you don't pay him back on time?....seems like a loan shark...but I have never done it to my friends...

Work daily payments out...if the lan party is not needed ASAP....what's it for...a game? well a game can wait in my opinion.

Um....a real friend would not do this to you...putting a deadline on when you need to pay something back. that is just my opinion.....not sure if it is against the law in Sweden but being a loan shark....call 911 or the cops with the proper number. :) ...if you don't want to be friends anymore....

Rational thing to do.....baby sit, do someone's groceries (old people's groceries)....you can always let the freidn do whatever with your drive until you get enough money to buy him a new one......your parents, tell them, have them pay it....and then work out daily payments with them :)

what are you good at?....teach others that something you're good at for a price....
can you drive?...many younger people can't you can always teach the person to drive or teach others to drive for an amount of money so you can pay him back that way....
do you wash cars?...is it too cold outside.....well if you live near the highway.....get a long hose, some car wash liquid or whatever and start washing cars at 15 -30 USD a car....(just convert it to your own currency....

Hope I helped in a way...feel free to rep me. : )

xPlozion

Reaction score
see if you could be a busboy at a local restaurant to clean the tables and dishes for the servers for a portion of their tips ;). that's what i did when i wasn't old enough to be hired, but my sister was one of the servers ;)

i made around $50 on a good night :D

Status
Not open for further replies.