USA Presidential elections....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't understand why you guys are getting all mad, Obama won and it's time for a change.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Obama won the 2008 Presidential election.
Lets hope he sticks to his plans for some good things like the plans he has for healthcare.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It's funny 'cause today, my teacher wanted to trash Obama, but we ended up dissing her at each and every point she threw at us.

Some people might say:
Obama has no experience => well guess why he choose Biden?
Mccain has served his country: he is a Vietnam war veteran and got tortured => politics isn't a real war zone/battleground nobody is supposed to shout anyone.
Mccain went to war and served. Obama is a scholar => in universities, you learn to think and to apply that in life. In military school you learn to obey, not give orders.

I can continue if you want...

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
It's funny 'cause today, my teacher wanted to trash Obama, but we ended up dissing her at each and every point she threw at us.

Some people might say:
Mccain has served his country: he is a Vietnam war veteran and got tortured => politics isn't a real war zone/battleground nobody is supposed to shout anyone.
Mccain went to war and served. Obama is a scholar => in universities, you learn to think and to apply that in life. In military school you learn to obey, not give orders.

Don't talk about the Vietnam war unless you know what the heck you are talking about.

scottnj

Reaction score

Some people might say:

Don't talk about the Vietnam war unless you know what the heck you are talking about.
In my opinion, anybody who can go through the Vietnam war, Especially as a POW, survive, be an elected senator, and get this far in a presidential election deserves RESPECT!!!

Also, the military is a two-step system. First you learn to obey and take orders. Then you go up the chain of command and start giving orders. And he was a US Naval Academy graduate. So he knew these both well.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe I should request to have this thread :lockd: for that I don't like the fact there is somewhat of a fight on it.

I did start the thread and it's purpose was ended, I believe so. If any moderator wants to or feels the same way.... feel free to close this thread.

Thankyou.

Respect is required, for everyone, especially if they have fought for their own country no matter what country it may have been.

Treat others and say to others what you want said to yourself and done to yourself.

Last edited:

cased

Reaction score
so much for change. He bought his presidency like everyone before him.

xPlozion

Reaction score
meh, i'm happy he won. i didn't like mccains negative ads, nor did i like his policies. his ads were libel and just plain stupid/disrespectful. obama at least had facts in his ads... i guess america is ready for change, as mccain was out numbered actually doubled ~330 to ~150. i didn't see what the popular vote was though...

and i'm tired of everyone saying that he's qualified because he's a veteran or that they're voting on him simply because of that. sure, you served the country well, but that doesn't make you better than anyone else. 4 more years in a war that we shouldn't be in does not cut it for me, especially if they decide to reenact the draft.

w/e, bash all you want, change is coming, and mccain's time is over, but he'll still be helping, as obama said about working together with mccain.

and you do?

Last edited:

scottnj

Reaction score
Well, lets just see what happens, and hope that all goes well. Doesn't mean I am happy about it, but its not like moaning and groaning is going to stop him from being president. Lets just hope that the economy comes straight, we get out of Iraq responsibly, and come home and live happy; as undivided Americans.

God bless, and good night. I am going to take a shower and go to bed.

cased

Reaction score
well guess why he choose Biden? => The Vice President doesn't run the country.

politics isn't a real war zone/battleground nobody is supposed to shout anyone. => War heroes are honorable, most would want an honorable president

in universities, you learn to think and to apply that in life. In military school you learn to obey, not give orders. => McCain's expierence prepared him for real life, Obama's ideas are just theory and those who can't do teach.

kkenny

Reaction score
and you do?

I moved from Vietnam to the Phillipines to the USA because of communist rule. I know more than I need to know.

As for this topic really is getting out of hand. I have been PM'ed about it and shall now close this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.