• P2P Networks

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • No, warez is wrong

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Do you use warez or do you feel it is unethical? How do you download your cracks? What The fight goes on between software vendors and crackers which grant unauthorized and illegal access to expensive and overprice software like Photoshop. I personally use them and get them from crack sites. Don't list site were you get them from, only how you get it. No actual links should be posted How do you feel about cracking in general?

~Twinkie

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
oke ill be honest i do use warez sites to find apps, games, music etc who doesnt ?
politics talk about stopping piracy, bah, they cant stop it, and they'll never will unless they shut down the internet

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
oke ill be honest i do use warez sites to find apps, games, music etc who doesnt ?
politics talk about stopping piracy, bah, they cant stop it, and they'll never will unless they shut down the internet

Which will never happen ;).

-Luke.

Armacci Design

Reaction score
I thought we couldn't talk about illegal content on here. Not trying to blow a whistle on you or anything - just maybe check that out since this is a sensitive issue.

As far as the topic itself, I pay for all my software.

AllProsNoCons

Reaction score
QFT

I use warez sites, and I've run a few...

I also use uTorrent to get things like movies software and games.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Who doesn't? Honestly us college students can't afford to shell out hundreds of bucks on Office and other programs necessary for school. Sure we could all use Wordpad, but teachers want assignments emailed in .doc form

All software will be free one day, it's just inevitable. Gotta put ads in software to get the money.

tcmstr134

Reaction score
Ill be quite honest. I use Cracks, and Warez. As a student, I cant afford to be shelling out $1,000 for Photoshop, which is required in my Graphic Design Class. If Companies were to be SMART, and lower the price, then I would pay for them, but since they are greedy, and want all that money for ONE copy, I figure they deserve to lose the business.

kirtik

Reaction score
If you're in the UK, (or ireland) http://software4students.co.uk is a good site. £30 for office 07? :eek:

Most software companies like M$ and Autodesk have student schemes for uber cheap copies of their software.

I only use torrenting as a last resort. If I go around looking for something I want to give my money for and I can't find it, they don't deserve my money. ^_^

scorch94

Reaction score
Who doesn't? Honestly us college students can't afford to shell out hundreds of bucks on Office and other programs necessary for school. Sure we could all use Wordpad, but teachers want assignments emailed in .doc form

All software will be free one day, it's just inevitable. Gotta put ads in software to get the money.

I think I won't agree on that one. What will programmers live of? Big corporations like Adobe won't let it happen. How? By giving best software on market... payed though. I guess every cent spent on Photoshop is worth of it. Alas, I don't have money to buy it hence I download it :)
As you've mentioned, students don't have money for that kind of luxury.
Ads in software? I guess someone would rather pay than watch those sillies in their windows. Believe me, big companies will give money for a top quality software. It's their tool, and without tool -- there's no business.

There will always be payed and free software ;)

Armacci Design

Reaction score
If all software was completely free, what motivation would exist for making it? Sure, you'd get the few people that thought it was their duty do "do something for the good of the internet," but do you seriously expect that software packages like Photoshop and Maya especially will come out of purely altruistic means? I personally don't think so.

Dan

Reaction score
I admit, I have used it once just to see what a program was like. About a week later though I did go and buy the real thing.

If you're in the UK, (or ireland) http://software4students.co.uk is a good site. £30 for office 07? :eek:
That site looks great! I may buy a couple of things from there a bit later in the year...

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you use warez or do you feel it is unethical?
Unethical? How about illegal? :nuts:

Plus, www.theultimatesteal.co.uk, Office "Ultimate" edition 2007 for £38.95. Also available in other major regions including, but not limited to, the USA, Australia, and Canada.

Last edited:

Jon.Monreal

Reaction score
I think I won't agree on that one. What will programmers live of? Big corporations like Adobe won't let it happen. How? By giving best software on market... payed though. I guess every cent spent on Photoshop is worth of it. Alas, I don't have money to buy it hence I download it :)
As you've mentioned, students don't have money for that kind of luxury.
Ads in software? I guess someone would rather pay than watch those sillies in their windows. Believe me, big companies will give money for a top quality software. It's their tool, and without tool -- there's no business.

There will always be payed and free software ;)

While you may be right, you are ignoring the last sentence. What he's saying is that ad revenue will make it so that programs can be free while still making money for the programmer.

I have to say that I use no-CD cracks for games I own, and that's it. I'm not opposed to piracy, I just don't participate in it.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I thought we couldn't talk about illegal content on here. Not trying to blow a whistle on you or anything - just maybe check that out since this is a sensitive issue.

As far as the topic itself, I pay for all my software.
No, I can't tell you were to find them or share them in any way through this post.

But, hypothetically, if I were to say Phazeddl.com, Serials.ws or Crackspider.net were real warez web site, I would get a nasty infraction, wouldn't I? ;)

Most software companies like M$ and Autodesk have student schemes for uber cheap copies of their software.

I only use torrenting as a last resort. If I go around looking for something I want to give my money for and I can't find it, they don't deserve my money. ^_^
Nice student site. Great fo those who don't use warez. I must admit, seeing software like that so cheap makes me feel a bit guilty.

That's a large percentage of crack users, but I doubt software vendors will lower prices to combat crackers. They will only increase security, crackers will respond and thus, the fight goes on. So far, crackers are winning.

PS: Don't buy warez or cracked software, they should always be free.

~Twinkie

Last edited:

cmosbob

Reaction score
I use warez basically as a trial policy. Sometimes the trial version of software will run great on my pc, but the full version doesn't. I've seen this mostly in games, but also some apps as well. When an app or game that I've downloaded doesn't work, I delete it, and don't use it. If an app or game does work, then I will purchase it. As most of the .nfo files in apps and games state: "If you use this software, please support the developers, and purchase it." :)

Bob

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Occasionally, I'll download something that would be classified as Warez but usually just to see how they did something. I don't download/use Warez on a regular basis though.
In the long run, I'd say no warez. :)

scorch94

Reaction score
While you may be right, you are ignoring the last sentence. What he's saying is that ad revenue will make it so that programs can be free while still making money for the programmer.

I have to say that I use no-CD cracks for games I own, and that's it. I'm not opposed to piracy, I just don't participate in it.

No, I didn't ignore that sentence when writing my last post.
Now be honest and tell me, how frequent do you click ads on websites? I think most of ad clicks are accidental, and I never find anything useful in ads around sites. Same thing would be with software. So I guess not many people would click ads and revenue of programmer would be probably 10% of revenue he would generate today.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I use warez basically as a trial policy. Sometimes the trial version of software will run great on my pc, but the full version doesn't. I've seen this mostly in games, but also some apps as well. When an app or game that I've downloaded doesn't work, I delete it, and don't use it. If an app or game does work, then I will purchase it. As most of the .nfo files in apps and games state: "If you use this software, please support the developers, and purchase it." :)

Bob
Great policy. If I was not a student, I would do the same.

PatrickH

Reaction score
No warez.

If we don't buy software, we are not supporting the developers that make it.

It's wrong.

joshmv

Reaction score
If you are using for profit....then consider a donation...

Hello!

I was using an illegal Premier (part of the Adobe Creative Suite) for some adverts I was doing and when they gave me the advance (around 3000) I bought a camera, mikes AND adobe creative suite, which cost me $500 for Photoshop, Premier, and a few others in the pack. The great thing was that I bought CS2 and they gave me CS3 free as an upgrade. It is impressive to have the DVD's con the wall, ect, but I would only buy in case of profit; using the program to make money.