Web Account Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hi, I just came back recently... only to find my account totally missing (I even had a domain registered to it already for some time)! I was told to (re)open a new hosting account, of which I cannot due to country restrictions (the last time I checked, I don't recall mine being restricted against)

May I know what can I do about it or at least what happened to it?

Thanks!

PS: I have also noticed that I am not receiving emails from x10hosting recently...
PPS: I will be more than happy to transfer my account to a paid plan if that's the only solution, is that possible?

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
May I know what can I do about it
Unfortunately on free hosting we have had to apply some restrictions based on country, please see this page for more information.

or at least what happened to it?
Your account may have been suspended (and subsequently terminated) for inactivity. On free hosting, we require that you login to the Account Portal at least once every 30 days. This does not apply for paid hosting plans.

PPS: I will be more than happy to transfer my account to a paid plan if that's the only solution, is that possible?
Country restrictions do not apply to x10Premium plans, which you may wish to consider. :) The Account Portal login requirement also does not apply to paid plans.

If you do wish to use a premium plan (due to the country restrictions in place), I don't think we would be able to restore your files for you (since your account has been terminated). Therefore, do you have any backups of your site that you could use?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

darkX3536

Reaction score
Unfortunately on free hosting we have had to apply some restrictions based on country, please see this page for more information.

Ah ok, am a little surprised that Singapore is affected too, with its small size and all... :S

Your account may have been suspended (and subsequently terminated) for inactivity. On free hosting, we require that you login to the Account Portal at least once every 30 days. This does not apply for paid hosting plans.

Funny thing is that I did not receive emails recently telling me that my account was suspended (and terminated) due to this though; related to country restrictions?

Country restrictions do not apply to x10Premium plans, which you may wish to consider. The Account Portal login requirement also does not apply to paid plans.

If you do with to use a premium plan (due to the country restrictions in place), I don't think we would be able to restore your files for you (since your account has been terminated). Therefore, do you have any backups of your site that you could use?

Sounds good, am I right to say that the currency used in x10 is in USD? Also, I cannot finish (re)registering my account in the Account Portal due to the country restrictions, if I want to have it transferred to a paid plan, what should I do?

Thanks!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Funny thing is that I did not receive emails recently telling me that my account was suspended (and terminated) due to this though; related to country restrictions?
This is strange. It is possible that Gmail is blocking free hosting's emails, since normally you would get an email warning of a suspension.

Sounds good, am I right to say that the currency used in x10 is in USD? Also, I cannot finish (re)registering my account in the Account Portal due to the country restrictions, if I want to have it transferred to a paid plan, what should I do?
Since your account has been wiped from the free hosting system, you may create a brand new account here and restore any backups you may have :)

Thank you

darkX3536

Reaction score
This is strange. It is possible that Gmail is blocking free hosting's emails, since normally you would get an email warning of a suspension.

Come to think of it, they stop coming from around September last year onwards... Related to the country limitations?

Since your account has been wiped from the free hosting system, you may create a brand new account here and restore any backups you may have

Err... This forum account's email account and the web hosting account's email account are not the same; so I am still not sure about the status of the account (and whether I can just reuse it in the paid hosting system)

Also, can I change the payment plan as per needed? I am thinking of going small by paying monthly first before going for all three years :O

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, they stop coming from around September last year onwards... Related to the country limitations?
Our country restrictions would not affect how emails are sent out from us, the more likely scenario is that someone abused our free hosting sending out spam (or some not so smart users started marking our information emails sent to their gmail accounts as spam), and managed to get x10 emails blocked.

Now I don't have capabilities to check up on your old account and when it would have been terminated, do you remember when you last accessed it as a working account, I'm thinking it could have been terminated around the time you noticed emails stopped coming?

Err... This forum account's email account and the web hosting account's email account are not the same; so I am still not sure about the status of the account (and whether I can just reuse it in the paid hosting system)

What was the cpanel username for your hosting (or the email you have for it since you say they are different), we could check if it exists under another forum account then the one you are currently posting from, also with that information someone with more powers could probably find out when it was terminated (if that is indeed the case which seem likley).

Paid hosting and free hosting uses different systems so you would be able to use any email address regardless of it being attached to an free hosting or not.

Also, can I change the payment plan as per needed? I am thinking of going small by paying monthly first before going for all three years :O

You can start out with monthly plan and if you at a later point wish to switch to 3 year payment that would be just fine.

Last edited:

darkX3536

Reaction score
Our country restrictions would not affect how emails are sent out from us, the more likely scenario is that someone abused our free hosting sending out spam (or some not so smart users started marking our information emails sent to their gmail accounts as spam), and managed to get x10 emails blocked.

Now I don't have capabilities to check up on your old account and when it would have been terminated, do you remember when you last accessed it as a working account, I'm thinking it could have been terminated around the time you noticed emails stopped coming?

Best I can recall is around June 2012? (emails were still coming then)

What was the cpanel username for your hosting (or the email you have for it since you say they are different), we could check if it exists under another forum account then the one you are currently posting from, also with that information someone with more powers could probably find out when it was terminated (if that is indeed the case which seem likley).

Paid hosting and free hosting uses different systems so you would be able to use any email address regardless of it being attached to an free hosting or not.

I PM'ed you about it, hope you are ok with that :X

You can start out with monthly plan and if you at a later point wish to switch to 3 year payment that would be just fine.

Thanks, but not the other way right?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you last know it to surely be working June last year, I think it is safe to assume it is gone by now. If not logging into the account portal (previously the requirement was to login here at the forums) at least once every 30 days it would first be suspended and then terminated after a period of at least 14 days has passed since the suspension was placed.

That was perfectly fine, and I have replied.

Technically you can switch the other way as well (to monthly, annual or biannual), but that change would take affect only after the first 3 year period is up since the first 3 years are already pre-paid.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you last know it to surely be working June last year, I think it is safe to assume it is gone by now. If not logging into the account portal (previously the requirement was to login here at the forums) at least once every 30 days it would first be suspended and then terminated after a period of at least 14 days has passed since the suspension was placed.

That was perfectly fine, and I have replied.

Technically you can switch the other way as well (to monthly, annual or biannual), but that change would take affect only after the first 3 year period is up since the first 3 years are already pre-paid.

darkX3536

Reaction score

Ah ok... Should have kept a lookout or something...

Whoa, I didn't know you have to pay for all three years upfront (I thought it was a monthly deduction of 4USD), must have misread something there :X

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Whoa, I didn't know you have to pay for all three years upfront (I thought it was a monthly deduction of 4USD), must have misread something there :X
You don't have to pay for 3 years up front.
You can pay for 2 years up front. Or 1 year.
Or you can pay every month. :)

The longer billing period you choose, the more "Extra Perks" you can get. :)

Last edited:

darkX3536

Reaction score
You don't have to pay for 3 years up front.
You can pay for 2 years up front. Or 1 year.
Or you can pay every month. :)

The longer billing period you choose, the more "Extra Perks" you can get. :)

Hmmm... So there's no issue if I go for the three year plan, pay as much as I need/want (monthly, yearly e.t.c) and then change to other billing plans like the 6.95USD a month plan?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It sounds like the information has become muddied again. If you opt for the three-year payment plan, you have to pay for three years up front ($142). It's having the money in hand that makes it economical for x10 to offer the significantly lower price and offer the additional perks (free domain, etc.).

The month-to-month costs of maintaining an active account are relatively low; the setup and tear-down have additional costs associated with them, so the shorter the contract period, the more of that cost is reflected each month. The month-to-month "taste test" price is probably lower than it should be, with the expectation being that enough people will transition to a longer-term plan to offset the real cost of a one-month account. If you sign up for three years, you will have signed up and paid for three years. You can opt to transition afterwards to a month-to-month plan, etc., but that doesn't affect the initial three-year purchase.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Aww shucks, looks like I have to stick with that monthly plan for now then, I can't pay for three years upfront :O

Status
Not open for further replies.