Website is up but email are bounced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Anew-M

Reaction score
Hello All! Let me first start by saying, I'm not even sure WHO to address for this issue; Google or x10! So, please bear with me.

The happenings:
1. I was contacted by client (phone) saying that she has tried emailing me but it bounced back multiple time
2. I look and see that my hosting account was suspended due to not logging in. I logged in and removed my suspension. Note: x10 suspension had never affected my email before though.
3. Client said that emails were still bouncing back after I removed the x10 suspension.
4. I log into Google apps to see if I can figure it out and see that my domain is suspended because the annual auto-renew failed - Visa expired.
5. I updated the card info and paid the fee. The domain was immediately made active but I waited 24 hours before determining there was an issue.
6. It has been 4 days and my email still isn't working!!!!

The short:
I own my domain through Google and have domain branded email through Google but my domain is hosted through x10. Domain is active and both Google and x10 but emails are bouncing.

ANY IDEAS WHAT WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???? Thanks in advance!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to update your MX record to point to Google. They are currently set to the local server.

You can search Google Apps for instructions on how to set the MX records.

C.Anew-M

Reaction score
Haven't been able to figure out how/where to do it. Looked in https://access.enom.com but don't see anywhere where I can edit MX records. In the "host records" sections none of the record types have MX option. I've clicked all through the various pages and menus and can't find the place for MX..... so frustrating because I know it's probably something that should be so simple :(

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

You can change your MX records for your domain inside cPanel, since your domain's nameservers are set to our nameservers.

Thanks,

C.Anew-M

Reaction score
Welp.... looks like I just can't win. I guess I messed something up when looking for the MX records because now the emails work but my site is down :facepalm:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you ensure that you have set these MX records from within your cPanel and not from your domain registrar? :)

Your domain name also seems to be pointing to name-services.com's nameservers as well as ours. If you set your domain to point purely to our nameservers, you can then set your Google Apps MX records from within cPanel. :)

Thank you,

C.Anew-M

Reaction score
I did it from the registrar (https://access.enom.com) I have the DNS set "default" but just changed it to "custom" ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com Anything beyond that, I have no idea what your talking about, sorry lol Do you think that change will fix it?

Didn't see where do to do it in cpanel when I was originally looking for the MX records section. I eventually found it on enom, updated what I found on Google apps - didn't change what was there just re-saved it and the email started working immediately. I'm sure that when I was looking for the MX section, I probably clicked on something that caused my site to now be down.

****update***

I changed the DNS back to "default" because the email stopped working again, after I used ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.