WebTop OS name?

shadowslash

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest me a list of cool WebTop OS names? Please don't give me names that are already in use by other companies / individuals such as eyeOS, gOS, etc.

Thank you all :redface:

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What are the design goals, guiding principles or reasons behind what you're working on? Without knowing the character of the project, the names are going to be fairly generic. Of course, if you're working on yet another web desktop, you could call it "yawd".

"clOS" might be confused with the Common LISP Object System, at least by search engines.

If you want to go with a spider theme, consider "ArachnOS" and "AraneOS". If you're working on a web desktop rather than a web operating system, you could use "cloWD" or "LeWD" (think French).

There are a number of great names that may not be particularly relevant. "NachOS" and "TacOS" for the snackers. "KazoOS" and "BanjOS" for the musical. Along the same line is "BongOS", but that's too easily misconstrued. Finally, "HobOS" and "WinOS" are always relevant, though the latter might be taken to refer to a certain product from Redmond (and not just because alcohol is involved).

shadowslash

Reaction score
What are the design goals, guiding principles or reasons behind what you're working on? Without knowing the character of the project, the names are going to be fairly generic. Of course, if you're working on yet another web desktop, you could call it "yawd".

"clOS" might be confused with the Common LISP Object System, at least by search engines.

If you want to go with a spider theme, consider "ArachnOS" and "AraneOS". If you're working on a web desktop rather than a web operating system, you could use "cloWD" or "LeWD" (think French).

There are a number of great names that may not be particularly relevant. "NachOS" and "TacOS" for the snackers. "KazoOS" and "BanjOS" for the musical. Along the same line is "BongOS", but that's too easily misconstrued. Finally, "HobOS" and "WinOS" are always relevant, though the latter might be taken to refer to a certain product from Redmond (and not just because alcohol is involved).
It's just a general web desktop. :biggrin: I just wanted to make one for my personal growth and also for flexibility because if I'm the one who coded it from top to bottom, I would know how to extend it easily if I need feature without needing to study API documentations, etc.
Oh and cloWD nails the spot! :biggrin:

How about CladOS?
http://www.clados.com/ :frown:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Whoops. Didn't see that in Google for whatever reason. :(

shadowslash

Reaction score
Whoops. Didn't see that in Google for whatever reason. :(
Mmhmm I think it's in the first page of search though..
2010-07-10_1230.png

ieatresOurceS?

:p
Hmm weird long and funny name :biggrin:

conzone

Reaction score
stickyos
found two funny ones, think i'll use them tho. lol sorry

mmmmm has someone has gone around and registered all the good nnnnOS.com's

****os.com lol
poohos.com
teddyos.com