What do you do for a living?

MatthewGB

Reaction score
Im just curious to know what sort of Occupation the users here have.

I am a student, nothing else to tell.

manzoor

Reaction score
I'm also a student but would like to start earning before finishing my studies.

Sundowner

Reaction score
I drive a taxi, I'm on a few days holiday at the moment though ;)

I build sites for fun

supajason

Reaction score
Hello

im a student :biggrin: studying networking at uni its a hard life but should pay off soon, i also work weekends as a sales assistant(boring:runaway:) im soon to leave so i should be getting move involved in the it networking industry.

what are all you students studying?

supajason

mikel2k3

Reaction score
Im a student, but i make a bit of money through web design too, and im also a keen photographer :)

Also with this time off col ive been doing some building / decorating with my dad. It sucks!!!

KowKing

Reaction score
I'm a student, I wish to major in accounting at a school of business then create a design group.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Most of them are students here and so am I. I am doing my Bachelors in Electronics....Hopefully by the end of my studies, I will have a job.....

manzoor

Reaction score
Hello

im a student :biggrin: studying networking at uni its a hard life but should pay off soon, i also work weekends as a sales assistant(boring:runaway:) im soon to leave so i should be getting move involved in the it networking industry.

what are all you students studying?

supajason

I'm studying my School I'm at the second last year of my school ;)

My aim is to achieve Bachelors Degree in Computer Science

I want to be a programmer

Avalanche

Reaction score
I am selling darkened pieces of glass you can use to look through to see the sun eclipse. The only downside is that it depends on the season.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently doing a BA in Business, and that only officially takes up Mondays :) Outside that, I have a job that has no fixed hours, and when there is work, sometimes it's long hours... Yesterday, I left at 0500 (would have been earlier, but the (company) car was covered in ice!) and got back after 2030.

I had a look, and Kudos for the Lucky Boys Confusion lyric! (I just want to drink beer and play atari.) Kinda sums it all up really...

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am a operations manager. I work between 3restraunts, and also do consulting work.
Job includes stuff like setup of shops, general running of stuff, anything and everything AV and technical.
I love my job, work my own hours, answer to one person only.

Previouse job was a general manager of 1 restraunt.

Long time out of school and home (@ age 17).
The only studying I do is for self improvment (currently PHP & MySQL, then looking into AJAX)

Swiblet

Reaction score
I do not have a "job", since I do not NEED the money. I am not even in college yet. But I do "work" for extra cash. Here are the things I do.

1. I am involved in a network marketing job. I am an independant associate for Prepaid Legal, a company that makes you pay 36 dollars a month and it pays for lawyers the way health insurance pays for hospitals. It is something that EVERYBODY needs, as far as I've seen, since EVERYBODY I pitch to buys it from me. Whenever I sell a membership, I get 103 dollars, and whenever one of the associates I sign up sell something, I get 68 dollars. It keeps this ratio, but as I sell more, I move up in rank, and it's possible that I will end up earning 400 dollars per sale and 350 per associate sale! In which case...I will be rich =0 So I do this to make most of my money.
2. I have been hired to make the website I host here by Prepaid legal. When it is finished and hosted on a www.com server, I will be paid 10 % commission off anyone that signs up on my site. SO much money will come from that, it's ridiculous, but to be honest, I've come to hate making websites, and I don't ever want to do this again.
3. This is my main job-hobby. I draw comics. Random crazy comics. A few have been published by underground companies. I don't have a website for it, since I don't like the exposure and crap, but people like my strange style of humor. It has been deemed "gothic style" by most. I disagree. But I don't get much money off this. I just love it and I do it.

There ya go =P I plan to do nothing else for the rest of my life at the moment. However, if I get a new dream or interest along the line, I will pursue it and find a way to make money off of it.

~~Ben

jocktalk

Reaction score
Currently a student majoring in entrepreneurship and possibly a minor in communications