What do you like about Linux?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I love linux for the fact that it requires low specs, is secure, customizable, free, open source, etc. I have some installation disk for Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, and I plan to used them when I buy used computers, or on my not so old computer when I buy a new one.

The fact is, for a develloper, Linux is one of the best things you can have, but for the normal user, Windows is the best things, as Mac is great for artists.

burner35

Reaction score
I do enjoy Linux because of it's many different features that windows.

But I have a dual PC Running Windows & Fedora 9. I find Fedora 9 more of a challenge.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Main think i like about linux it it's use in server applications. It's useless as a home PC cause windows outstrips it in almost every respect. But Windows doesnt hold a letter to linux for server uses, the reliabiliy and power are astounding.

rajnesh

Reaction score
stability ...i have a OLD pc that windows throws up on with IRQL NOT LESS blah blah ....

with UBUNTU ...XUBUNTU and fluxubuntu ( i have all 3) im laughing

hamsn

Reaction score
Linux is good, but its not too flexible, because most of them use windows, ppl are intended to create and bring out new thiings in windows field, which has a broad spectrum now, linux still is the backbone of hostings and in servers

but due to ppl not being familiar, its not in much use
fedora is better than windows vista, looks and flexibility,
but there are less programs for linux compared to windows to satisfy a user.

Aquarius

Reaction score
I like learning Linux using VMWare...I like running Puppy Linux because it is very light and you have all the tools you need in just one light package.

Cobol to Java

Reaction score
There are plenty of possibilities with Linux. And I like it most since it has a fairly decent immunity from viruses.