What do you think?

FalseHope

Reaction score
What does everyone think about gay sex marriage?

My opinion:
It should be legal in all country's. It's their choice. I do not see how church's can refuse to not marry two people, even if they aren't of opposite sex.

So.. What's everyones opinions?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Gay sex and gay marriage are two separate things. But I agree, although my religious belief may say otherwise, my personal belief says that they should have the same rights as anyone else.

RomeRome2

Reaction score
Gay people are no different between straight people, we all love someone it doesn't matter who it is. I hate people you discriminate against gay people and they are worse then gay people themselves!

But to gay people who can't marry don't worry about it you still love each other why do you need someone to say it for you?

FalseHope

Reaction score
Yes, StarShine, it is and that was a typo, sorry. RomeRome2, I don't think it is a matter of someone saying it, but of actually having the right to get married. Not being refused because they like someone of the same sex. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the bible of two people of the same sex getting married, correct me if I'm wrong.

HomerJ

Reaction score
Yes, StarShine, it is and that was a typo, sorry. RomeRome2, I don't think it is a matter of someone saying it, but of actually having the right to get married. Not being refused because they like someone of the same sex. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the bible of two people of the same sex getting married, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the bible does forbid gay relations, but I'm not really that sure. I am an atheist, so I don't really know much about the bible.

However, my stance on gay marriage is probably different from everyone else's here. Governments shouldn't be involved in marriage at all. If churches refuse to marry two gay people, that's fine. Likewise, if a church wishes to marry them, that is fine too. Additionally, if they wish to enter a secular union privately and call it a marriage (or anything else) that's fine too.

And for all I care, people can marry their cousins, themselves, or a slice of pie.

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
I do not have an issue with secular gay marriage, yet I take offense when gay people claim that they should be given the "same" rights as everyone else and allowed to be married in a church. I believe this is a separate issue from that of gay marriage itself and yet the two are often linked together. People seem to believe that if they can get married in city hall then they should be able to get married in a church all the same. This is wrong.

Firstly, all people belong to different groups and organizations, with different beliefs and practices that its members must follow. For example, American citizens are subject to American Federal Law, while Texans are further subjected to Texas made laws, and whatever town you are in you are subjected to the local made bylaws etc. In the same way, members of the church are called to follow the moral code of conduct of that institution - whichever church it may be. Certain branches of Christianity DO allow gay marriage, in which case gay marriage is not an issue (although the marriage itself may not be recognized by whatever state the couple is in). But other branches of Christianity do not, such as Roman Catholicism, which is fine too. If you don't like it, nothing is preventing you from leaving the church and converting to another faith that DOES share your same beliefs (I.e. United). But that does not give people the right to say that Roman Catholics, or whatever faith is in question, should change their beliefs and perform ceremonies and sacraments that go against their beliefs. This is like telling an all woman's gym that their fundamental belief of excluding males is unconstitutional and that men should be allowed to work out there. If you do not follow the moral code of conduct of an institution, you do not belong to it. Just as the government has the power to deny people from performing certain acts for the public good, and to punish those who break the law, the church has the power to deny services or use punitive measures against those do not follow their moral law.

Membership to organizations (including citizenship - ask an immigrant) are a privilege and NOT an entitlement.

There is no point in asking the government to intervene, either. If a town denies a couple a marriage license in a country that allows gay marriage, then the government can intervene because that town is part of the government's organization and consequently is subjected to it's laws. But the separation of Church and State happened centuries ago - neither should have influence or jurisdiction over the other.

Food for thought,
Calvin Vandermeer.

tittat

Reaction score
gay sex marriage must not be encouraged nor be discouraged.
think if everyone go for it will there be a new generation?

In this democratic world freedom is defined as the ability to do anything with out hindering others freedom.

BentFX

Reaction score
[flameproof undergarments?... check!]
I think that marriage should remain what it has always been, a union between a man and a woman.

I believe in equal rights, but a union between those of the same gender should have a unique name. I suggest "gaymarriage". Heck, run off to Vegas, find a nice little gaychapel, dress up like gayelvis' and tie the gayknot.

It may sound harsh! but what the hey... I don't ask you to embrace my sexuality. Why would you ask me to embrace yours. Yuck!
Edit:
I think the bible does forbid gay relations, but I'm not really that sure. I am an atheist, so I don't really know much about the bible.

You are correct... The bible speaks very clearly against homosexual relations.

And for all I care, people can marry their cousins, themselves, or a slice of pie.

I like pie! Bible don't say nothing about pie!

Last edited:

winlux

Reaction score
Well the marriage is not something that sits well with the majority of the population in most countries. If they really want to get married, there are countries to do it, and hey you might just as well have the honeymoon at the same time.

I'm neutral about it, I understand that gays want to get married and their reasons for it but then it is also understandable why traditionalists wants to prevent it.

Some countries where you cannot get married legally have DEFACTO status which is basically just acknowledging that the involved persons are "together" if you will.

Last edited:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
Well I am neutral, I do not condemned , criticize or preach about religion to not to do this type of behavior or wrongly act.

Gays are also humans, if a guy or girl want to marry the same sex I do not see why not, if you are really in love and wishes to get marry to the other person yes go ahead, after all living the rest of their life on their opposite sex is their choice, we are not the ones that will be affect by it....

I agree one should go for what they think is right for them... even if others looks down or preach on some religion... just ignore them anyway those outsider are not the ones that is going to spend their life with...

calvinvandermeer

Reaction score
Public opinion, largely thanks to the influence of the media, largely seems to support gay marriage. That's fine, I don't really care if you want to get married secularly at city hall or a commercial wedding chapel. The only thing that riles me is that people seem to think that the right to a secular marriage equals the right to a religious marriage. It is up to the respective church whether or not they will perform the service, according to their beliefs and values, and only if you are a member of that parish. The government has no right to interfere in the affairs of the church. None.

ejweb

Reaction score
I'm against it and the Bible is very clear about it - immoral (EPH 5:3-4) and perverted (GAL 5:19). I too believe it should be kept between a man and woman (1TIM 3:2). My 2cents worth...

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm against it mostly because I live in society that don't support it. In my country men are too proud to be men.

Parsa44

Reaction score
What does everyone think about gay sex marriage?

My opinion:
It should be legal in all country's. It's their choice. I do not see how church's can refuse to not marry two people, even if they aren't of opposite sex.

So.. What's everyones opinions?

I am not affected by same sex marridge. However i think that same sex couples should stricly not be allowed to have, adopt or IVF children.
(making seperate post about this now)

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I'm against it and the Bible is very clear about it - immoral (EPH 5:3-4) and perverted (GAL 5:19). I too believe it should be kept between a man and woman (1TIM 3:2). My 2cents worth...
The Christian Bible isn't a very credible source. Can you support your opinion with something else?

cowctcat

Reaction score
Why descriminate against a group of people for no reason? Why is it that just because someone is different it is ok to tell them they cannot do something? In my mind you people are no better than Hitler, you just hate them because they are different.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
People just need to get their nose outside of other people's private business. The stuff about people freaking out over seeing people holding hands in public is pretty pathetic to me. Making out in public being desensizing to kids may be an issue, yes, but it should also be one for heterosexual couples too. Oh hey, there's something called TV and movies, where that'll likely be seen anyway :O

There was also some other comment that I barely remember reading from a Letter to the Editor entry in Newsweek about how people who get married then turn around and deny it for others. It's just more double standards.

I do agree that there's no way that people should be able to force a church to perform a wedding, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to get married (not that that's what I took those people as meaning). On that note, it is amusing that I've really never once heard of marriage without being strongly connected to some religious sect - evil media :p

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This planet of ours lives on some set of rules. Rules of nature. Main thing that makes it possible for life to blossom is reproduction. Reproduction is only thing that keeps this planet alive. So when you're talking about same sex couples being a completely normal thing please think again. It's not just being different it's more complicated then that.

The thing is it's becoming kind of a trend to be gay or lesbian. We all know that human nature is to explore and there's nothing wrong with that but when it becomes socially "cool" to be gay ... ? That thought frightens me. Yes I know that this is extrema thinking but it's far form impossible. We all know how self-destructive humans are (cigarettes, drugs, ...) and this is something we all need to think seriously about.

Don't hate same sex couples and don't hate people that hate same sex couples. It's not leading us anywhere. So please think deeply and then say something. Sometimes no comment is better the shallow one.

JKoltner

Reaction score
I support gay marriages. If people have problems with the term "marriage," fine, from a *legal* (government) point of view, let's just not use the term "marriage" at all anymore and find a new term (like "civil union," but right now legally "civil union" isn't the same as "marriage" in most states). Alternatively, let's get the government completely *out* of "marriages" altogether and make it strictly a religious event.

Churches can certainly choose to marry or not marry gay couples as their faith supports -- I think there are *very few* people on the pro-gay-marriage side of the argument who actually suggest that somehow churches should be made to marry anyone who asks.

(Of course, religions are interesting in that very strongly held views tend to change radically over time. Some religions -- like Catholics -- even more this all formalized by having a man -- the Pope -- who's purportedly in direct contact with God and is given the new interpretations of how the flock "should" behave. The interesting part is that the church's views tend to always reflect modern culture, just somewhat delayed and with a conservative bent, rather than any true absolutes as most religions suggest there should be. E.g., there are a few major religions today that fully support gay marriage, whereas I doubt there was a single major one that did 100 years ago!)

---Joel