What do you use x10Hosting for?

What do you use x10 for?

• PHP \ MySQL

Votes: 730 73.4%
  • CMS (Joomla, Xoops, etc...)

Votes: 252 25.3%
  • Forums (SMF, vBulletin, phpBB, etc...)

Votes: 263 26.4%
  • Blog (Wordpress or other)

Votes: 352 35.4%
  • Python

Votes: 48 4.8%
  • Perl

Votes: 58 5.8%
  • ASP.NET

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,

To better serve you we're looking to gather some information from our current free hosting members. We're interested in knowing what you use your hosting for. It is important that we continue improving our services and offerings and want to make sure we're doing it in an area that best benefits the majority of our customers.

I have created a poll with some different hosting items, please select each one that you currently use with our hosting. Be sure to only select items that you are currently using, not planning on using or trying.

If what you use hosting for is not covered above feel free to let us know in a post. We're trying to get some ideas on what needs the most focus and this poll will help us with that.

Thanks!

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Does it count if you use python and perl for a test page

:p

also the asp.net one is fairly pointless since its broken and doesn't work properly anyways. I stuck 1 vote in it because i like it and i have a test page for it.

meridaboy60

Reaction score
Awesome service, I have tried many other free hosts, but there are many asking up to $10 a month of what I get for free here! Slightly disappointed with MySQL downtime recently, though...

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Awesome service, I have tried many other free hosts, but there are many asking up to $10 a month of what I get for free here! Slightly disappointed with MySQL downtime recently, though...

This should have been fixed with a recent update we applied.

SniperFox

Reaction score
Voted "PHP/MySQL", "CMS", and "Blog" - mainly since I run ( or will be running again ) Wordpress - though not as a Blog - but a portfolio - so it works for me as a CMS.

nandifamily

Reaction score
I host my blog, family site and photo gallery here.
Really faster than other hosts.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
I clicked the thread hoping there would be one and i was gonna choose it :p

jjsauler59

Reaction score
If these results are going to be used to remove some of x10 hosting's features, let me make a suggestion.

Don't remove perl/cgi. In spite of its currently low performance in this poll, I believe it has a defense: Perl/cgi has a severe lack of support under competing web hosts.

All the web hosts I've come across either don't support it at all, or lie and say they do. Many are sneaky and withhold information until after you've signed up. Then you find out that all module use is blocked. Sometimes error logs are blocked! On top of that, x10 is unique in allowing scripts outside the cgi-bin. Very handy.

If x10 could somehow do a better job of marketing this information, I'm sure perl/cgi use would be more popular. This is a great place for it (I say that now even as perl/cgi has been broken here for the past two days, with NO ANNOUNCEMENT of this fact, even!). People like me would love to not have to waste time signing up for at least 10 fraudulent web servers before finding x10.

Anyway, I hope perl/cgi functioning is restored soon so I can remain confident in recommending x10 to my friends again...

Status
Not open for further replies.