What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcscfort

Prime Account
Reaction score
Went to the server status page and all services have a green checkmark except this:
What does this mean?
Service Detail Status
Disk /dev/vda1 (/) 96 %
red-status.gif

aquariu8

Reaction score
probably a huge error log somewhere that needs dumped, also probably why sites are running slow.

studio5

Reaction score
I noticed that too, it looks like they added more swap and resource partitions/drives;:)
as far as the 96% full, with linux and BSD based operating systems, the files themselves, in this case our websites don't need "elbow room" they are given swap space and /tmp, /var, /etc,(many more than that...) is where all of the heavy lifting is done, you could just as easily mount our websites (/home) on a CD with all of it's resources live on the hard drive, in short our websites are just static file folders, and they access the resources from other areas on the server.
The only way that 96% could be a problem is if the drive is very small, but I'm guessing it is over 2 tb and in that case 4%=80gb?, that really is a lot of space!

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
This shouldn't affect anything right now. :) As @studio5 correctly said, user data is stored on the other partitions.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that too, it looks like they added more swap and resource partitions/drives;:)
as far as the 96% full, with linux and BSD based operating systems, the files themselves, in this case our websites don't need "elbow room" they are given swap space and /tmp, /var, /etc,(many more than that...) is where all of the heavy lifting is done, you could just as easily mount our websites (/home) on a CD with all of it's resources live on the hard drive, in short our websites are just static file folders, and they access the resources from other areas on the server.
The only way that 96% could be a problem is if the drive is very small, but I'm guessing it is over 2 tb and in that case 4%=80gb?, that really is a lot of space!
that's surprisingly close to spot on... kinda. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.