What is your prefered programming language?

What is your preferred programming language? (Leave a reply too!)

• Total voters

dito7967

Reaction score
What programming language do you program with?
(Poll attached)

Me? I'd rather go with PHP or Perl.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PHP is definitely mine. It's actually the only one I am good at.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
My vote is for PHP..
because i only know this :)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Perl, PHP, some Ruby. JavaScript. Depends on what the job calls for.

Have done some C-family coding, but that is usually for apps, which I don't do that often.

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PHP, ASP and ASP.net but PHP is the best

miguelkp

Reaction score
I voted 'PHP' and 'Other'.
PHP for web apps and Ruby for standard apps.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
i feel its wrong to group c# with c++ and c.
all it does is use a curly bracket format like c, php, and javascript, otherwise its as similar to c++ as php is.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
You put whitespace but not Java??

Anyway, plus 1 for C++, Java and PHP.

posidyn

Reaction score
C/C++ then Delphi

Only because those are the ones I am very familiar with. I would like to learn a whole bunch of others though like PHP and Java And Javascript.

Mitch

Reaction score
My favorite is PHP. You can do so much with it. I am really starting to like it, because i am getting a lot better in it ;)

Last edited:

tartou2

Banned
Reaction score
I say PHP because it is the easiest one

I started in the past learning C++ but i didn't continued. I only know its basics

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Java which isn't listed.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I touched most of the most common languages, but I mostly stuck with PHP, ruby, Perl and some Python. I do still use some C/C++ as I help a friend and read some source code, but I mostly think of myself as a web-oriented programmer.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Java has a nice concept, and has a lot of power. It is strict, well organized and generally more manageable than other languages. It does something most other languages don't: make code deployable and manageable. Java has rules and features like mandatory exception handling and generics that make large projects easier to manage. It also encourages extensibility because you know that everyone is subject to the same 'care to code' as you were, leading to higher quality applications. With PHP and C++, errors are always abundant from bugs that would have never compiled in Java. Errors that take valuable time to debug.

C++ is my second choice in terms of power. The lack of a virtual machine (and the requirement to install one) benefits programmers in terms of speed. Its lack many restrictions of Java making it easier to code and more functional. However, for large scale projects, Java as a language is better suited.

PHP is my third choice simply because of how easy and quick it is. There could be a PHP equivalent to just about anything. It incorporates most features of other languages, while not complicating the language. I do most of my work in PHP because of how easy it is to code.

I guess every language has its designated purpose and it is impossible to tell which is the best. That question would lead to a better question: what type of projects do you mostly undertake? For me, it is development of large scale management systems.

Anyone agree?

Last edited: