What is your prefered programming language?

What is your preferred programming language? (Leave a reply too!)

• Total voters

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer Delphi whenever I can but for web I like PHP.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I like PHP , withsome JAVASCRIPT + AJAX ...

shawntc

Reaction score
I'm in the realm of website development and browser-side scripting. And a little actual programming.

HTML/XHTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ajax, XML and C++. I want to look at PHP and SQL eventually.

playminigames

Reaction score
PHP is my favorite, just because of how easy it is to learn. I also like php because it is server side, and it shows up the same way in EVERY browser no matter what. This helps a ton, and you don't have to worry about ie when you code except when you make the user interface.

espfutbol98

Reaction score
My favourite is PHP & MySQL because it's much more simple than configuring IIS with ASP.Net and MSSQL. Then Silverlight, a pain but has a lot of power. And as for desktop programming, I haven't started learning any programming languages but I would probably go for Java.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not surprised to see PHP at the top of the list here. It is almost impossible not to be able to put something useful together fairly early on in the learning process on the LAMP stack. I am somewhat disheartened to see that there are people who actually like Java/C# (and C# is much more closely related to Java than it is to C/C++ until you slip to unmanaged code) -- it is the very strictness, framework-ness and, well, enterprise-ness of languages like those that I find a real turn-off. I'm not a huge lover of Python or Ruby, but I know that if I'm involved in a community or team of Python or Ruby programmers, I'll be working with people who actually enjoy the art and craft of programming. Left to my own devices, I'd probably settle down for a long, comfortable relationship with server-side JavaScript. A language without first-class functions, one that makes it hard for me to develop my own language that lets me be as expressive as I want to be within the domain, makes my life unnecessarily difficult. JS is not the ultimate answer here -- something more like a classic Lisp is more powerful -- but I am used to the syntax, and the natural interoperability between client-side and server-side elements makes it a good fit for web apps.

ddcddc

Reaction score
There is a *new* programming language...well, it's new to us. It's called Programming The Universe.
One of the professors who is bringing quantum computing into reality...or is it..quantum reality...wrote the book. Check it out if you are a programmer. Be prepared to redesign some thoughts.....then you gotta debug it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
There is a *new* programming language...well, it's new to us. It's called Programming The Universe.
One of the professors who is bringing quantum computing into reality...or is it..quntum reality...wrote the book. Check it out if you are a programmer. Be prepared to redesign some thoughts.....then you gotta debug it. lol

It's not really a new programming language, but rather a new platform where all your code needs to be ported...

mprybyls

Reaction score
C++, however I am learning PHP, and I like that one also.

JAVA is a close second.

RichardGKinnear

Reaction score
for me it's php because this language is used by the web developer to build dynamic website...javascript is also used in building dynamic web pages but I most prefer is the php...because its awesome... :smile:

Last edited: