What keeps you rising every day?

naerey

Reaction score
What's the reason you wake up every day and rise from bed, instead of just sleeping some 2-3 hours more?
What's your driving force?

This is not about depression, just overall interest.
Thanks!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
What's the reason you wake up every day and rise from bed, instead of just sleeping some 2-3 hours more?
What's your driving force?

This is not about depression, just overall interest.
Thanks!

Usually I can't sleep a few more hours because on weekdays, I have to go to school. On the weekends, I do sleep the extra few hours to catch up on the lack of sleep I get during the weekdays.

I think sleeping excessively is a waste of time, so I guess my key motivation is to do something new and not waste time.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I have school so I can't just sleep extra anyway. The reason I even attempt is because I want to be very successful in life and be able to have the things I need and want.

That's why I try to do my best in school. I want to be intelligent and smart. I want to be successful and make my life mean something.

adamparkzer said:
I think sleeping excessively is a waste of time, so I guess my key motivation is to do something new and not waste time.

I feel the same way.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If I don't wake up, I get marked late for work.

If I get marked late for work, I get a writeup.

If I get three writeup's, I get a pink slip.

If I get a pink slip, I can't afford to eat.

And I love to eat, therefore I must wake up to avoid being marked late so I get paid to work :)

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If I don't wake up, I get marked late for work.

If I get marked late for work, I get a writeup.

If I get three writeup's, I get a pink slip.

If I get a pink slip, I can't afford to eat.

And I love to eat, therefore I must wake up to avoid being marked late so I get paid to work :)

LOL. I was doing a Geometry proof just now for homework. This seems like a proof to me, lol.

By the transitive property of equality, if you don't wake up, you cannot afford to eat. xD

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Keeping my pockets lined with money keeps me rising everyday :).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
For me, either School, my land line ringing every 10 minutes (Rawr!) or if I have to fix some PCs during the day or do something. Otherwise, I'm sleeping until the afternoon most days and am a night owl at night. Once in a while a program on my router might crash and go into an infinite restart loop and I'll need to go fix it because the network is grindingly slow when this happens and someone else here wants to go on the Internet. Only happens when I don't restart some programs after 5 months.

Last edited:

BlueofFLE

Reaction score
This list might be cliche, but hey, it's also truth.

1-My Wife
2-I live in WV, beauty abound
3-Work, farm work that is
4-Hate of Sleep, it devours one third of your lifetime on average (With the average of eight hours per night)

Also, overly-energetic resulting in an average of five hours of sleep per night.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
This list might be cliche, but hey, it's also truth.

1-My Wife
2-I live in WV, beauty abound
3-Work, farm work that is
4-Hate of Sleep, it devours one third of your lifetime on average (With the average of eight hours per night)

Also, overly-energetic resulting in an average of five hours of sleep per night.

I love sleep. I would pick sleep over food any day. That's probably because I don't average much sleep at all. I actually must be up in 3 hours for school. Looks are, I won't get any tonight.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
what gets me up is the sun in my eyes in the morning

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I usually wake up on my own, and I can't return to sleep at 9 am lol

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Life is full of stuff to accomplish. The longer I sleep, the less stuff I can get done each day.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

imagecon

Reaction score
:biggrin: three buzzers and an amazing self influence that sounds like "Oh F*ck, I am late!"