What's your favourite RPG?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering what your favourite RPG is. Mine's World of Warcraft, even if Blizzard's servers are never online. Once (or to be exact....IF) you manage to login it's a good game =P

-Luke.

VPmase

Reaction score
Wow is way to overrated IMO. And to be honest, I only play Flash RPGs. I don't play full on RPGs. But I did like ES: Oblivion.

Project5

Reaction score
ES: Oblivion is an amazing game. I have it for XBOX360 and I love it. I tried WoW and yes, it is overrated. It is a very fun game, and I loved the economy (Auction House) but it is very expensive, and there are so many servers that you can't play with your friends at school, and transfers are $25. I like Guild Wars, which does make up for the lack of monthly fee by having 4 $30-$40 games that make up the entire game, which to have all benefits you must pay about $150, equal to around a year of WoW, but at least you don't have to pay every time you manage your account, charging your credit card before you can say no. It also has great PVP lands and PVE lands, PVP which you start at the max level, and you don't deal with an economy, you just fight for free, but it is a seperate land. Guild Wars also features builds, which is a combination of the limited 8 skills including one Elite Skill, which interract together to make your character better, which WoW every person among their own class was the same. The only variation was talents, which featured a major limit to creativity and competition. If you love MMORPG's, please join Guild Wars, you'll love it. Im 'Project Expertise' or 'Graphic Hero' primarily on the game. Though if ES: Oblivion was online, no game would be able to stand up to it. I just like playing with/against other players.

Clinton

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I don't play many RPGs anymore. Original FF on NES and Golden Sun on GBA are amongst my favs.

timur

Reaction score
ff7 was awesome besides that one stair case that goes on for 1/2 an hour, Oblivion is awesome too, although once you conquered all the guild missions, you really cant be bothered to close down the 100+ gates. Played Wow on trial got to level 20 and gave up. If u got like a clan/guild/party/friends to play with then its good but otherwise not really that great walking about everywhere until you get to lvl 40 where u get faster travel.. I tryed eve too, Played that for a while, really have to force you self to like that game, not easy to pick up, and every one there thinks their some sort of intellectual and will diss every other rpg in existence cause they think its harder, i just think there minds are warped in space hahahaha. There just bitter cause of all the tv attention wow gets. Obilivion is the best for sure i think, but they should try some multiplayer patches that would be awesome.
Edit:
Ps Awesome

Last edited:

imaran

Reaction score
Offline:

1. Final Fantasy 8 (argue with me all you want, Squall is still the most bad @ss FF character, the whole story considered. The battle system rocked (once you got done drawing) and the graphics were revolutionary for it's time.)

2. Final Fantasy 10

3. Final Fantasy 7 (to me, the story dragged in parts, the overall story and characters were great, don't get me wrong this was an awesome game)

4. Chrono Cross

5. Chrono Trigger

There are many many honorable mention games (star ocean, legend of dragoon, earlier FF games, and Lufia to name a few)

Online:

1. World of Warcraft

2. Everquest II

3. FFXI

4. Ragnorok Online (note I've yet to play guild wars or Lineage)

Nathan H

Reaction score
Well, i don't normally like MMO but there is one iv joined called Shaiya thats free which is a great bonus. Different difficulties and loads of skills. You can play Pvp or you can play Pve

tinop07

Reaction score
world of warcraft its amazing! a lot of ppl online on a same server but a little lagged =(

pgames

Reaction score
Anyone heard of Archlord? It was p2p but now its free! I play it once in a while. It's an okay mmorpg...

I used to play Guild wars and I still do. But not much anymore with Assassin's Creed and Cod4 in my gaming collection.

Triffid

Reaction score
WOW is boring i think, not sure how people can still be playing it.
I was looking forward to Conan, then after reading some reviews and what people thought of it i decided not to bother getting it.
Still thinking if i should start playing EVE again, bun eve then i bored of that after a while, but it keeps luring me back for some reason.

What i want is a Sindicate Wars online RPG or a KOTOR one.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
World of Warcraft most definitely, i also play a bit of Rappelz when i am really bored...

I use to play a few others like Runescape and that, But it wasn't graphical enough for me.

I will tell you what i am waiting for now, and that's this:
http://stargateworlds.com/

It is going to be one of the greatest games ever in my opinion.

Wish i had the opportunity to beta test.

koyut

Reaction score
for console:
chrono trigger (nes)
metriod (gameboy)
final fantasy (psone)

mmo:
depends usually no favorites just killing time