Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Or... Custom Made?

Votes: 52 40.0%

• Total voters

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've never had issues with the Automated Registration/Actication of Windows. Since Windows had the drivers for my network card, it was as simple as plugging it into the net, entering any info needed and letting it do the rest of the work.

Max1337

Reaction score
I've never had issues with the Automated Registration/Actication of Windows. Since Windows had the drivers for my network card, it was as simple as plugging it into the net, entering any info needed and letting it do the rest of the work.

One good thing about the automated phone thing is that if you don't have the product key to your OS (because you may have lost it)...
This is a good alternative, because usually it will activate without problems.
Only thing is that the automated computer is stupid, you have to repeat yourself a bunch of times for the computer to understand you, and if you push the code in the keypad it sometimes even says "I didn't quite get that, please repeat yourself"
I personally don't like using Windows, I'm more of a Linux person lol...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
One good thing about the automated phone thing is that if you don't have the product key to your OS (because you may have lost it)...
This is a good alternative, because usually it will activate without problems.
Only thing is that the automated computer is stupid, you have to repeat yourself a bunch of times for the computer to understand you, and if you push the code in the keypad it sometimes even says "I didn't quite get that, please repeat yourself"
I personally don't like using Windows, I'm more of a Linux person lol...

I've never had any issues at all regarding automated systems being dumb on me. I find that speaking clearly and slowly the first time, maybe emphasizing letters in a word will make the system understand you better.

cenobite321

Reaction score
I really like both Dell and VAIO they both have high specs at very accesible prices (at least in my country). I like Dell computers a little bit more because you can customize them completely and they have very unique models, for example the XPS m1210 that was a very portable laptop with a webcam and a good nVidia video card all for a really good price ($2,000 as I recall).

zer0ne1337

Reaction score
i am using a hp computer, and its working fine without giving me any prroblems, but i will assemble the next one myself fully customising it!!

Max1337

Reaction score
I hate how OEM ones have a bunch of junk software you probably will end up removing...
Custom made PCs are much better, and less expensive (depends how you build your PC)

athiwatc

Reaction score
Am using HP
its an dv6000 its a bit old but I love it.
I just upgrade it to 1.5GB of ram cause Vista is killing it.

Jordan C

Reaction score
There is no Apple on the list, they are a PC too, they can run Windows, Linux and most importantly Mac OSX.

Anyway, when I used a PC, it was just a collection of parts.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Most other OEM's I've used have always seemed to fail, and end up messing up sooner then expected, plus they come pre-installed with a bunch of un-necesarry software that you probably won't even use, and get rid of, and their tech support was mostly people I could barely even understand.

I think they are more than likely sponsored to install that software, hence the cheap PC prices. Otherwise I see no need for it.

kkenny

Reaction score
If it's a desktop, I'd rather custom build
If it's a laptop, Sony
If it's a Mac, Apple.

I just hate Dell.

pstitch

Reaction score
I'm a build your own kind of person too. I like the ability to choose what brand of components I get and tend to go a bit further than any off the shelf system does. I like to be able to choose the case /power supply which is the heart for the whole system. Somtimes I could get a cheaper system from one of the "brand" name computer companies but I like to know the my components are top of the line and in the end less likly to have problems.
I must say that I do have a local computer parts shop that has a huge selection at very, very good prices, so that helps make the build your own choice easier.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like alien ware, but they are too expensive.
HP would definately be my favorite cause I've got a couple of machines from them and have never had any problems with them.

TPI007

Reaction score
I like SONY, but mine pick is CUSTOM MADE.

I recently bought parts to build a new GAMING computer.
with i7 Core powered by Intel.

With the top of the line video card from ATI 4870 x2
Crossfire.

With 6GB Rams and a $400 Asus Board (Top of the line.)
I will be gaming hardcore in 2009!

Did I mention I have a 47" Inches LCD Monitor?

So yeah, I voted Custom Built!

Thanks.