Who Here Grabbed Windows 7?

maxxaathal48

Reaction score
Windows 7 is the best operating system i've ever use. it feels like living in side the windows os when i work with it :)

stardom

Reaction score
It suits my needs the best, I don't have to download a lot of things to do the stuff I need to. I got 32 bit and it works just fine. Runs smooth

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Grabbed a leaked Microsoft link for the 32-bit version 2 hours before the beta went live, and then grabbed a key some 4-5 hours after the beta went live (lucky refresh).

I read that someone installed Windows 7 on a 1 GHz processor and 512 MB RAM and "ran well". Fortunately I have a similar machine which can challenge this statement, my test machine in question is a 1.3 GHz P4 and a 512 MB RAM. I plan on installing tomorrow, and if successful I'll post some benchmark stats here.

Anyone else grab the beta?

Yes.
Its nice and feature rich.
I started out my New PC with Vista but Windows 7 is nice and simple with rich features.

pocketbookiq57

Reaction score
Reinstalled by old sluggish windows xp system (P4 3ghz 1.5gb ram) with windows 7.
It's much faster and all drivers were automatically downloaded trough windows update.

Reaction score
Got Win 7 on a new laptop and have been very happy which in the past Win 9x and 2000 Pro was not the case. Got another copy and now run that on my desktop with the same results.
Still like Fedora as my other OS

Reaction score
i tried Windows 7 few months ago its cool and refreshing. Happy after buggy Vista improved and Windows 7 came out. But i am now using Windows XP again as my machine is old.

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm still on vista sp2, I have always been quite satisfied by vista on my main pc, though if I get a new one, it will be a windows 7 pc.

lmpure

Reaction score
I recently got Windows 7 for my home computer.
One of the most smooth operating systems I've used so far.
Takes the usability of XP, and combines it with the eye-candy of Vista.

paint2010

Reaction score
I got Windows 7 on my desktop and my laptop. My laptop came with Windows 7. My desktop used to run Windows XP originally. I'm loving Windows 7. It had some bugs at first (my graphics driver and desktop had issues with Windows 7), but it's fine now.

alou764

Reaction score
I am using windows 7 x64 in all my pc's home & work and windows 7 32bit in my netbook.
So far its the best os i have worked with.Stable light and very reliable.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@ocoykeren73
i'm still fall in love with XP SP3,,,, but it will be end soon

I know !But what can we do, the honeymoon has to end !

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Though I would not describe mysef as a religious person in any way shape or form,
however praying that Micro$oft makes an almighty hiccup with Win8 so that it becomes easy to pirate is mighty tempting..

Of course living in hope for the future does not adress the concerns of the present, who knows maybe we will all learn to love Linux lol!

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't have to pray for that.
They will goof up !

phreakair62

Reaction score
I got a beta copy, then the legit release.....BUT half my stuff would not work (drivers not supported) I do have a older system P4 1.8ghz with yes I am not lying pc133 ram (1.5 gigs) it is a first gen. soocket 478 board and till I got it I never knew the pc4's came with 133 ram (thought it was ddr1 min.) anyway after it would not let me use my sound card, video card (s.c is a sound blaster live 5.1 and v.c is a ati radeon 512mb x1650 pro agp 8 times pipeline) and my web cam WOULD NOT work because there are no supported drivers so I went back to my XP PRO.......besides never had a issue with it before so why upgrade???
From what I saw windows 7 is amazing but I will need to upgrade my machine to run it to its full potentional.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I got a beta copy, then the legit release.....BUT half my stuff would not work (drivers not supported) I do have a older system P4 1.8ghz with yes I am not lying pc133 ram (1.5 gigs) it is a first gen. soocket 478 board and till I got it I never knew the pc4's came with 133 ram (thought it was ddr1 min.) anyway after it would not let me use my sound card, video card (s.c is a sound blaster live 5.1 and v.c is a ati radeon 512mb x1650 pro agp 8 times pipeline) and my web cam WOULD NOT work because there are no supported drivers so I went back to my XP PRO.......besides never had a issue with it before so why upgrade???
From what I saw windows 7 is amazing but I will need to upgrade my machine to run it to its full potentional.

Are you using Intel 865 AGP ATX Motherboard ?