Who likes Frontpage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glendilee

Reaction score
I am a frontpage fan, :biggrin:. That's mainly because I am too lazy to learn all the html bla bla bla. Once, I was creating a webpage for a birthday supply storefront, I created the main page in Frontpage, but then I ended up having to hire a website programmer to install the shopping cart, whewwwww, he was heated with my Frontpage creation, which by the way I felt so proud of :cool:. I remember the sarcasm in his words "Your pretty little Frontpage, seems to interfere with my work, :mad:" I've come across several realllll website designers, who hate it!!! :rant2:<<they get this look when I mention Frontpage. Does anyone know why? Anybody ever used frontpage? Does anyone like it at all?

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Because real website designers code their pages, they don't use programs that auto generate the code for them.

And to answer your topic question, I do not like Frontpage.

glendilee

Reaction score
Because real website designers code their pages, they don't use programs that auto generate the code for them.

And to answer your topic question, I do not like Frontpage.

Wow I think I got the :rant2:again, :pat:

jaco_don

Reaction score
I am one of the Ms frontPage fans as i made my first website using frontpage ...

but now .. its better to got for Mambo or Joomla

TheMan177

Reaction score
Argh, Frontpage. The thing seems to have a lot of annoying little bugs and quirks, and seems to love generating some really weird messed up markup. It's worse than Dreamweaver. :/

Sohail

Reaction score
You have a lot to learn about web design if you are still interested in FrontPage. The only professional WYSIWYG editor is Dreamweaver. It has all the tools and features you need to survive in the web 2.0 era.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Started off with Notepad, ended with Notepad.

One of my webmastering teachers wanted a website built in Frontpage one time since we had to have WYSIWYG experience. I ended up pasting the Notepad coding into Frontpage, made it look messy on purpose, and voila I was done.

Not a fan of WYSIWYG software.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You have a lot to learn about web design if you are still interested in FrontPage. The only professional WYSIWYG editor is Dreamweaver. It has all the tools and features you need to survive in the web 2.0 era.
Here's the thing, not all of us want/need all the features a professional WYSIWYG editor like dreamweaver provides, or any of this Web 2.0 malarky, and on a price vs features comparison, Expression Web (FrontPage no longer exists...) wins, plus it's cheaper too.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I used to use Microsoft FrontPage AGES ago, until I taught myself HTML. I used FrontPage to get a basic site going and then once my site was going, spent some time on W3 and worked on my site on my home srver.

unknownstorm

Reaction score
Frontpage write many sh*** in your html code... it's easy but the quality of code is no good!
Adobe Dreamweaver is the best now....

sampuu

Reaction score
Frontpage generates code which almost always does not follow the Web Standards set out by the W3C. It invariably leaves it to the browser to clean up the code and try and display it as you originally imagined it. I have many an argument about why it is important to produce code that runs cleanly through the W3C's (x)HTML and CSS Validators and the simplest answer is: you just should.

My advice is to steer clear of it as it's a hell of a lot of work to sort out the mess it makes if you ever try and clean the code up.

glendilee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the insite guys, although now I feel so embarassed lolss, my site is actually made with frontpage yikessss, but I guess it's ok for now, maybe laterr, if it grows as I dream, I will use the other programs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.