who should I buy my domain name from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifaka

Reaction score
Who do you think are the best domain name registrars? Who should I buy my domain name from?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Who do you think are the best domain name registrars? Who should I buy my domain name from?
Hi sifaka,

You can purchase a domain from any other domain registrar, and then point your domain to our nameservers. Personally I do not have much experience with domain registrars; someone else on the forums may have a good experience with a particular one. :)

buy one from x10hosting DUH
To my knowledge, we don't sell domain names to free hosting customers. The only situation in which we would offer domain registration is through x10Premium signups.

Thank you,

Marioz

Reaction score
Try godaddy.com, they are probably the most common domain sellers, and they often have awesome prices.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
before you buy (rent) a domain from any registrar - be sure YOU can set the DNS NS (nameserver) records
most registrars will let you do it - but some will not

sifaka

Reaction score
Dead i, can you point me to the page where I sign up for a domain name from x10? I would like to buy the domain name before I rent a web server.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi sifaka,

We offer domain names primarily at the signup form of x10Premum, if you are looking to purchase Premium Hosting. Please see: https://x10premium.com/order

Thank you,

webbrewe

Reaction score
Go Daddy
You never pay inflated prices: they have cheap deals for first year, then look for a coupon for renewals. And their support is probably the best.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Go Daddy
You never pay inflated prices: they have cheap deals for first year, then look for a coupon for renewals. And their support is probably the best.
Their prices are completely inflated.

For example: https://labs.neilhanlon.com/ss/2014-12-10_1045.png

$14.99 is almost 100% inflation for cost of domains--for GoDaddy, it's actually probably more like 200% inflation.

And I've worked with their support--they're awful.

webbrewe

Reaction score
Except they're contstantly running deals on new registrations, like this: Special Savings! $1.49 .COMs now at GoDaddy!
And for renewals, you should use a coupon. I've never paid more than $8 for a GD domain.
My experience with their support has always been surprisingly good - they are easy to contact and reps are knowledgeable and empowered to resolve issues. Far more so than most support centers I've dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.