Why did you choose x10

brittbr2

Reaction score
Hey all I had chosen x10 when I first started my website and found them to be the best seeing all other hosts said cpanel but x10 offers real cpanel so my question is why did you choose x10

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
I was member of a forum that was hosted by x10 And saw that it was rarely down or sluggish. So that caught my attention and when the time came that I needed to go live, I signed up. =p

longbich

Reaction score
Other sites are difficult to use FTP with. X10 was easily accepted by my server.

spqrx102

Reaction score
I've been involved with amateur HTML and CSS development off and on for maybe 15 years now. I've been with a number of free hosting sites over the years, all of which seem to put on a "too good to be true" front. Usually that's how it ends up eventually. All or some of the following issues eventually happen:
  • Slow sites
  • Servers down
  • Services closing down completely
  • Spammy sites from people based in all of the usual suspect countries. People that ruin it for the rest of us.
  • Inept administration
Though I have only been with this hosting service for a few days, the sign up process was incredibly quick, and so far the whole experience feels professional and legitimate.

The features provided (FTP, cPanel, email access[!!!], etc.) are unheard of in this sphere.

Thank you for providing this service, whoever you are. I'd love to learn about your individual histories in the hosting industry.

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
People have been mentioning this site a bit so I was considering to use it. Later when I wanted to start a project, I decided to register on X10 and set up all that stuff.
At first, I was amazed at the fact that there's "unlimited" bandwidth and unmetred storage (if you meet the requirements).
What I've noticed is that it was going between fast and slow, mostly fast. This wasn't so much of a surprise as many are using the same server.
I've noticed a bit of maintence which kinda gave a bit of downtime, but that's nothing to complain about as it's free hosting and it already offers a lot, plus I've noticed a bit of a speed boost at the end.

I've unfortunately completely forgot about X10Premium so now I'm stuck with GoDaddy for 1 year with some database size limits and some strict inodes set. After one year is over for it, I'm hoping to finally use X10Premium, of course I would need to ask questions about it first. :)

olliepop

Reaction score
Joined x10 many years ago because I needed a reliable host with cPanel. Hosting my sites with x10 was really what helped develop my interest in web development. Now I'm a developer at an agency and feeling a bit nostalgic about the days I relied on cPanel and file manager :)

thehave3

Reaction score
I googled searched hosting sites & I saw unlimited storange & bandwith I was like O.O I gotta check this out! then once I saw the softculous install script. I was like SOLD!
Softculous though needs to update itself or something some of those platforms no demos & screenshots are only of admin cp & not the page itself.

wwinter

Reaction score
They honor what they say and not like 3owl.com, that lure people in with free site, but once signed up, it's always bandwidth exceeded even for very very small traffic and if starting out, with no traffic, your site gets deleted and you've to login to protect the site and protection does not mean protected all the time. Too much care is needed to keep the site alive and always down. Avoid 3owl.com.

gigasea

Reaction score
Well, honestly all the free hosting providers are terrible, seems like this one is the best. :D

I've been hosting https://www.revealed.xyz with x10hosting for about a couple of weeks, haven't had an issue that wasn't my fault, servers are alright, with most hosting providers they suspend you for pretty much anything, get 100 views.. bam you used 20% of the CPU some how :D, x10hosting hasn't suspend me yet. so yeah, thats why i choose x10hosting, better faster and no stupid restrictions.

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
because I didn't have any other option :D

gigabyt4

Reaction score
Hey all I had chosen x10 when I first started my website and found them to be the best seeing all other hosts said cpanel but x10 offers real cpanel so my question is why did you choose x10
Twas free

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried a few free ones before finding, and sticking with x10.

Most others (at that time 10+ years ago) had drawbacks in the form of forced ads, you had to have a certain amount of traffic coming into your site (so they could sell the ads I suppose), some had a minimum required forum posts etc.

x10 was the first I found where there was only one simple requirement, log into your account regularly (which at the time meant login to the forums every 14 days minimum).

gflash76

Reaction score
I forgot about this thread. It had been lying dormant for so long, I thought we had reached the abyss of these forums. LOL.

laurencestanway73

Prime Account
Reaction score
For the same reasons you did! Always been really great!

lylex10h

Reaction score
Because the boss only wanted to pay for the renewal of the domain and I wanted to FTP stuff.

jppcrio2

Reaction score
Because I used to be on 000webhost and had some problems. I switched to this site, and it's been good.
I just have a hobby site, so I was looking for something free.

tagaurot

Reaction score
It's free and always be. The community support is unbeatable. Everyone is helping one another.