Why Not To Get A Job!

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Some people may say something like why don’t you get a job, if you want to buy this or that? These people say that getting a job is one way you can get what you want in life. They add that if you get a job you will be more financially free. Then the person without a job might say something along the lines of, Wow I have been unemployed for a long time.

No one in my family had a job until we were done with high school age 17 or 18. Then if anyone does mention to get a job in our household we joke around with that person. Many people believe that after graduating college, they assume it is time to get a job. But because everyone else does it, does that mean it may be a good idea?

Now since you graduated college your saying, it is a very stupid thing not to do. If those graduating students were reasonably intelligent, not book smart, they will find that getting a job is one of the worst things you can do to support yourself. There are better ways of supporting yourself let alone your own family then by getting a job.

Why you should never get a job.

1. Getting a job and trading your time for money may seem like a pretty good idea. The truth is, it is plain stupid. Now it is truly income for plain stupid people.

Why would getting a job be so dumb? You only get paid when your working. Is there anything better you could do with your life then doing something to get something in return for it? Who in the world told you, that you can only make money while your working?Do you honestly believe that bunch of garbage people like many parents put into their child’s head? Don’t you think you should be one of those people who get paid while they are not working?

Don’t believe your parents, and parents don’t tell your children they need to work to make money. Wouldn’t life be easier if you got paid while you were eating breakfast, lunch and dinner or while your sleeping and playing with your kids as well? What made you think you can’t get paid 24/7 weather or not your working? Don’t your lovely plants grow even when your not watering them? Can’t your bank account grow when your not working?

Does it matter how many hours a day you may work? Only a handful of people care on this planet how much time you spend at the office. Many people won’t even notice if they are working 6 hours a week or 60 hours. But then, even though they really don’t care about you, as long as you have something of value to offer people will be pulling out their wallets to pay you for it.

I could care less how long you work, I do care enough to pay for the value of work I may receive though. Does it matter how long it may have taken me to write this? You now know that non-stupid people often start on the traditional income for stupid people path. Don’t feel bad your only realizing it now that trading time for money is a really stupid choice. And there is a better way to make money.

Smart people build systems that generate income for them 24/7, and it is all passive income. This can include starting a business, building a website, becoming an investor or generating royalty income from creative work such as this. These systems deliver an ongoing value that people generate income from once it is in motion. From that moment on, the amount of time you can invest in something you can generate income for the rest of your life.

Websites a bit more advanced then this one can generate thousands a month of income. People extract the value of this work year after year just by adding something someone can merely click on. Of course it may take some time to set up the site ( 5 minutes ) it was all worth it. The internet or your local bookstore is filled with books containing workable systems others have already designed, test and debugged to make money passively.Nobody is born knowing how to start a business or generate investment income, but you can easily learn it.

You can be on those people that work 1 hour a week to make enough money to support you and your family.

Lets see, stupid people work for $ 7.50 an hour to 30 dollars an hour (for average people). 7.30 x 10 hours a day= $ 75. times 7 days a week is $ 525.00 times 4 weeks in a month $ 2100.00.

I hope in this family income situation both the parents and even children are working to make ends meet living in a small home. Or the real smart people, make something or start something that makes them make 10 times that amount by only working 1 hour a day for a week, until the “business” you created gets started so you won’t need to work there anymore.

2. There is also a limited amount of experience that a person gains from getting a job.

Many people believe it is important to get a job and gain experience from it. But then doesn't that mean you should play hide and seek to gain experience playing hide and seek. People gain experience from living, regardless of whether you have a job or do not have one, correct? A job only gives a person experience in what that person may be doing and unless they will be doing that for the rest of their lives, it has no benefit at all. So why not sit around for a couple of hours and call yourself an experienced philosopher, Tae-Kwon-Do master, meditator or politician.

A person repeats the same thing over and over again. So it teaches you how to do something at the beginning and then doesn't teach you anything else. It makes people miss experiences that would be much more valuable and then if your skill does become obsolete like what happens to Charlie's Father in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" you will end up losing your job. Why not learn something that will be worth something 10-20 or 30 years from now? Will your job even exist then? If your a janitor (I mean no harm in using you as an example) and your reading this....haven't you found that they have now made machines that wash the tiles in the bathrooms on their own?

Think about this. What experience would you rather gain, the knowledge of how to do a specific job really well. The one that you can only monetize by trading your time for money or the knowledge of how to enjoy financial freedom for the rest of your life without ever needing a job again? Now who here would rather have the latter experience that would seem more useful in the future?

Getting a job is just going to teach you how to be a good pet. Look around, you see...? Are these the surroundings of a truly free human being? Or are you living in a cage like unconscious animals and do you really love the color beige?
How is your obedience training going? Does your master (Boss) reward you for your good behavior? Do you get disciplined if you fail to the obey your master's commands?

Is there any free will will left inside you? Or has your conditioning made you a great pet for life, for your boss? So are humans meant to be raised in cages? Absolutely, is a word that should never come up in a person's mind when they answer that last question.

3. Do you have to many mouths to feed?

Did you know that employee income is the most heavily taxed in the USA. In the US you can expect that almost HALF of your salary will go to taxes. The tax system is designed perfectly to disguise how much people are really giving up because some of your taxes are paid by your employer, and then many are just deducted from your paycheck. Even the rent for the office space you consume is considered in those taxes by your employers, so you must generate that much more value to cover it.

Yes there are many people that feel supported by their corporate environment, but keep in mind that you are the only one paying for it along with everyone else that is exactly like you. So lets see another chunk of your income goes to owners and investors, isn't that a lot of mouths to feed?

It is not that hard for someone to understand why employees like yourself pay the most in taxes relative to business owners and investors. Now, who has more control over the tax system, you sure don't. You only get paid for a fraction of the real value you generate for your employer. Your real salary may be more then triple what you're being paid but most of that money you will NEVER see. That is right, it goes right into another person's pockets.

Don't tell your boss they are generous for giving you a 25 or 50 cent raise, it is really you, your the generous person here.

4. What is way to risky?

Many people believe that getting a job is the best way to support themselves.

Morons.

Social conditioning is amazing. It’s so good it can even make people believe the exact opposite of the truth.

Does putting yourself in a situation where someone else can turn off all your income with two words such as "Your Fired". Does that sound like a safe and secure situation? Does having one income stream honestly sound more secure then having 10 more income streams then your neighbors, who got fired and lost their homes? Kind of what is happening right now with people who used to work on Wall Street?

Who came up with the idea that the most secure way to generate income? You can't have security if you have no control, and employees have the least control over any small thing, if anything at all. If you are an employee, then why not change your job title to PROFESSIONAL GAMBLER because it is quite risky.
The forum it is found on is this.

What do you think about this?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
5. If you had a job you would have a bovine master.

When you run into an idiot in the entrepreneurial world, you can turn around and head the other way. When you run into an idiot in the corporate world you have to turn around and say, "Sorry, boss." Did you know you just called your boss master, for that in Dutch, boss does mean master? And did you know that boss also means a cow or bovine?

Have you ever played or saw someone play a video game, and the boss is the evil guy that you have to kill at the end of the level? So if your boss is really your evil and bovine master what does it make you?

6. Who here loves begging for money?

When you want to increase your income you have to sit up and bey your master for money. Does it feel good to be given some extra change now and then?

Or are you one of those smart free people who decide how much they get paid without needing anyone’s permission but their own?

Wouldn't you love to have a business and one customer says “no” to you, you simply say “next.”

7. Do you like your social life or the one offered in the corporate world or in Shop Rite or some other grocery store?

Many people use their jobs as their primary social outlet. They hangout with people working in the same field or place. Doesn't this lead to incestuous relations that are social dead ends. An exciting days in my opinion includes deep conversations about anything but the company's switch from Sparklets to whatever, or the delay of Microsoft's latest operating system and the delivery of new corporate advertising pens. What would it be like to go outside and talk to strangers. Ooooooh...scary!

If one of your co-slaves gets sold to another master, do you lose a friend? If you worked in a male-dominated field, does that mean you never get to talk to women above the rank of receptionist? Why don't you decide for yourself whom to socialize with instead of letting your master decide for you? Yea don't be surprised when I say this but there are locations on this planet where free people congregate. Be wary of those jobless people-they're a crazy bunch of people!

8. People lose their freedom. Nothing else to say about it!

It takes a lot of effort to tame a human being into an employee. The first thing the employer does is break the human's independent will. A good way to do this is to give them a weighty policy manual filled with nonsensical rules and stupid regulations that you may not even understand. This then leads employees to be more obedient and fearing that she or he can me disciplined at any minute for something as little as opening the door for your boss. So what does the employee do? The employee will likely say it's safest to obey the evil masters commands without a question. What the employer do then, probably stirs in some office politics, and BAM we have got a freshly minted mind slave doing everything we request.

Do you like the way you dress, talk or move that...and so on? We can't very well have employees thinking for themselves, now can we? So there it is, your own company apparel with a company logo.

Free human beings think these rules and regulations are silly and mis-demeaning of course. The only policy a employee or anyone should ever need is: “Be smart. Be nice. Do what you love and have fun with it.” Who ever said having a job in the corporate society was fun?

9. Now you got a job, so your becoming a coward.

Have you noticed how many people in the corporate society wine about their problems and never really try to make that change? They just vent and make excuses, blaming other people for what they may have done wrong? It's as if getting a job somehow drains all the free will out of people and thus turns them in cowards. If you can't call your boss an evil bovine jerk without fear of getting fired...let me say you're no longer free and have become the jerks property.

When you work around cowards all day, don't you think some of the cowardice would rub off on you too as well? It is only a matter of time until you sacrifice your noblest parts of humanity: first courage...then honesty, honor and integrity....then the only thing you have left which is your independent will. Well lets see you sold your humanity for an illusion. And now your greatest fear is discovering the truth of what you've become. A simple, coward.

I hope this makes you feel better. because I don’t care how badly you’ve been beaten or put down. It is never too late to regain your courage or humanity.

So do you still want a job?

If you're a well-behaved employee, you will most likely react with defensiveness. But now listen to this, if anything I said did not have even a grain of truth to it, you would not have had an emotional reaction to it, would you? This is a reminder to what you already know. You can deny your cage as long as you want, but you still know that it is there. You can say it happened so gradually you would have never noticed it until now...

And what happens now since, you know this? You should not have the will to actually do something about your situation and start living like the powerful human being your employer does not want you to know about.

What happens now?

What is the alternative to getting a job? To remain happily jobless for the rest of your life and to generate income through other means, realize that you earn income providing value NOT TIME so find a way to provide your best value to others and charge a fair price for it.

The simplest and most accessible ways to generate income without always having to work is to start your own business. Find a way to do the work you'd otherwise do via employment, find a way to provide the same value directly to those who will benefit most from it. It may take a bit more time to get it going, but your freedom is easily worth the initial investment of time and energy.

And what about skills.....of course, everything you learn along the way, you can share with others to generate even more value. Even your mistakes can be monetized.

If you think owning your own business is the right thing to do well.....then read this article again, and tell me do you really believe you can take the garbage a boss or evil bovine master can put you up against? I know I can't take it and hope that no one else reading this will take it.

Well you get a job if you like, and make how much your evil bovine master tells you to make, or ...there are forums here that help.

That is the second part of the article...

Tell me, is having a job fun?

GTKILLA

Reaction score
Heheh i have no job =)
It depends on the kind of "job" to determine if its fun

Sohail

Reaction score
Yeah , I find that web designing is my hobby and it would make the perfect job for me, getting money for the things I like to do.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
So you have a job, related to something you like doing. Many people do that, but expect to have more money. What would you say about the first 2 posts I made?...did any of that make you think of why you should maybe not get a job, and do something else instead?

Reaction score
Honestly, I enjoy my job at Waitrose on the checkouts or on trolleys. I don't know what I want to do when I'm a little older and never have known. I want something well paid obviously, like everyone, but you have to earn that right.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Why should I get a job? I'm only 13!:tongue:

I think you should only get a job if you need the money.

If you're "all-growed-up," why not get a job? What else are you going to do for money?

kkenny

Reaction score
Why should I get a job? I'm only 13!:tongue:

I think you should only get a job if you need the money.

If you're "all-growed-up," why not get a job? What else are you going to do for money?

You could try to make money off Google ads :p

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well the reason for this thread was to show why someone shouldn't get a job in which they are not the "boss" of evil bovine master.

But yea I understand where you all are getting to, you need a job to get money,....I should have made my post more clear...you should not get a job in which you are not the boss, for those reasons, but should get a job, in which you are the boss.

greeney

Reaction score
So... instead of getting a job, you should leech off all the decent hardworking people who have jobs? Think about it - in a capitalist society, most people will need to work for other people, and most people will get a job for which they actually have to work. Even if you are your own boss, you'll need to work just as much as someone who is employed - perhaps more.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Of course you would have to work....but not always....

to me it's like this

start a business-become boss-work for 2/5 years-get a manager-don't need to work
then do it again....if you like...the more businesses you start, and let others manage the business the more money you make...without doing anything but owning the business. (Well you do something, in the beginning but at the end...I tend to just have my manager deposit the money to my bank account)...if you call going to the bank to get it, work, ...

It's not easy to run a business and then give it up by hiring a manager.

When I mean business I mean, restaurants/couple apartment buildings...no corporations....that would make me a lot more money..but would require more work.

Last edited: