Will it ever be fixed ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquariu5

Reaction score
Im not :( i really think that if anyone here knew how to fix it you would, but whatever sorry for the bother.
i wont be back.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Why? Apart from the 'www' subdomain not working correctly, your site loads perfectly? Unless you are experiencing other difficulties? It's your decision, of course, but leaving at this stage of having a site working and configured seems like cutting the nose off to spite the face.

aquariu5

Reaction score
The main reason is just that. Ive spent a lot of time and effort to build a nice board, using quality software. Its hard enough to attract members to that topic today without having one arm tied behind you by a server setup that is not right. Thats the reason i went with free hosting to start off, if it dont fly i wont have the useless hosting.
I always like to do things right if i can, and knowing that something that is out of my control has been done wrong and might affect my total success, just grinds on me, but as i said thats just me. I didnt mean i was going to delete it all and move on, but i see no use in visiting a help forum where things that are wrong are just left that way, or you have to try to do your own work arounds. I mean cmon, why not just make it right, ive found its usually just as easy to do everything the right way.
By the way i like your signature, here is mine
imageedit_2_9382565192_zps41d713f1.gif

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks - it was created frame-by-frame using Paint.net, and then I used Jasc Animation Shop to create the animation and adjust timings. Took about 15-20 minutes I think, but it was a while ago.

Unfortunately I have no idea what is causing your site to not work when using 'www.'. Nothing's impossible, however.

You mentioned starting with free hosting to not be lumbered with a paid hosting plan you won't want for long - you can pay month-by-month on x10Premium; I don't get any sort of commission but can say that having an account on one of the servers that premium hosting is far faster and doesn't have any of the reliability issues free hosting occasionally has (due to service abusers).

aquariu5

Reaction score
Ok, but if anyone can figure it out please do make the fix. i will consider the paid plan. ive looked at several paid hosts, and i may end up going that way. Im not sure how much damage this glitch is causing, time will tell i suppose. I really have had no complaint with X10 free up to now, and to think this all started over using CloudFlare, which im not totally satisfied is all its cracked up to be anyway. :) Thanks for your time and patience Sharky.

aquariu5

Reaction score
I just had a thought, do you suppose every account on free hosting is that way or just mine ??

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your domain is working fine over www. I'm not sure why you're seeing an issue.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Your domain is working fine over www. I'm not sure why you're seeing an issue.
at about 23:12 2014-07-06 UTC

with URL [ http://www.aquariumforum.x10.mx/ ] - I see...
Code:
Error 1001 Ray ID: 145f7749ddfd0103
DNS resolution error
What happened?
You've requested a page on a website (www.aquariumforum.x10.mx) that is on the CloudFlare network. CloudFlare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (www.aquariumforum.x10.mx). There are two potential causes of this:
Most likely: if the owner just signed up for CloudFlare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

and yes - I did the big flush

BTW you will NOT see any sig's on posts in this forum unless you are logged-in -- my sig has a disclaimer

Last edited:

aquariu5

Reaction score
is this NOT an issue ??? if not i suppose there is no issue, and the folks at clouflare are full of bologna. :)

Quote: CloudFlare should now be enabled on 'www.aquariumforum.x10.mx'; subdomain. You should be good to go, however there is a redirect set on your 'www.'; domain to point you back to the root:

HTTP/1.1 303 See Other
* Server cloudflare-nginx is not blacklisted
< Server: cloudflare-nginx
< Location: http://aquariumforum.x10.mx/activity.php?s=314a2613188711b54328594215e549af

****You will need to remove this redirect, and have your site resolve at your 'www.'; subdomain.****

I hope that helps, but please let me know if have any questions or would like any assistance!

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today, it was working correctly. I will look into this for you.

aquariu5

Reaction score
Im sorry to cause such a stir, and im not sure that anything is wrong at all. Im just reading what the folks at Cloud flare say, and the fact that i know just about enough to be dangerous doesnt help :) So if you say everything is right and ok, i will shut my mouth and quit being such a pain in the arse.
And thank you for being so patient and trying to help.

aquariu5

Reaction score
i disabled Cloud Flare in the Cpanel, i hope :( wish i had never turned it on to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.