w4k3upn0w

Reaction score
These days I got problem with my WLM-Beta .. when I'd start

new room to talk with some1 ..it'd suddenly stop responding

..and the others procceses on my pc works fine .. that's

happenin' to me all day from time to time ..If ya got any idea

why's like that ..lemme know ..

fierce .

Keep in mind that this is still a beta version.

It seems that the more they do to WLM, the worse it becomes, my biggest beef is that I have tried to go back to older versions of WLM and it will not allow me to use and insists on upgrading. I still like WLM but in my case, WLM lags my pc and it should not, I have tweaked it and tried to figure out why it causes my pc to lag but all has failed. I am currently using v8.1

You might want to look for an alternative such as yahoo messenger, or Skype.

You might also try and un-install that beta version and go back and install a version that is stable which I guess is that crappy 8.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

It seems that the more they do to WLM, the worse it becomes, my biggest beef is that I have tried to go back to older versions of WLM and it will not allow me to use and insists on upgrading. I still like WLM but in my case, WLM lags my pc and it should not, I have tweaked it and tried to figure out why it causes my pc to lag but all has failed. I am currently using v8.1

You might also try and un-install that beta version and go back and install a version that is stable which I guess is that crappy 8.

If you really want to use the MSN messaging service without using WLM, Trillian and GAIM are good messaging programs to use. Yeah you'll run into some minor compatibility issues on certain things such as voice chat and some file transfers, but it gets the job done.

Domenico

Reaction score
I have build 8.5 for xp and it seems ok.

I suggest installing the newest non-beta version or use other programs like what w4k3upn0w and Smith6612 said.

PS: Don't ever get messenger plus because of it's history with spyware. Info.

Last edited:

chili5

Reaction score
I would get rid of the beta version, and get an older version. If that doesn't work for you, try pidgin it tends to work really well. :D

kkenny

Reaction score
Other than using Trillian/Gaim as what Smith said, another good alternative is Pidgin, which is also a good freeware that allows you to talk across IM Networks.

fierce

Reaction score
Yea I use pidgin when I'm on the ubuntu 7.0 ..and since the WLM is not in

good mood and lags my pc ..I think will use it on xp too .Maybe will try

Trillian/Gaim .

Thx for the advices guys..an admin can close this thread.

thx again,

fierce .

T

themasterrocker

Lol, I'll add something else now :p msn+ doesn't give you adware, I have too many anti-virus programmes on my computer and plenty of RAM to run all of them and they are anti-adware etc... and msn+ doesn't bring anything in because I got DriveSentry staring at it constantly.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
PS: Don't ever get messenger plus because of it's history with spyware. Info.

When you install it with the advertisement thing in the beginning, you agree that it will install adware (advertisements program), so it can't be counted as malware because you agreed to install it. You could choose not to install the adware

fierce

Reaction score
The best online IM site i've used is iloveim.com ..I've used meebo.com

and ebuddy.com but not after I tried iloveim.com .you should try it ;)

fierce .

Last edited:

xtreemgreen

Reaction score
Ive used trillian for years and really like it. I only use MSN to send files to other family members... Trillian isnt to smart sending files from trillian to MSN or visa versa.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score

You can just go with Windows Messenger. I use it and it's almost as old as I am 0.o! It doesn't lag and has all same features as new MSN has. Except the pics for each person and other small minor things that doesn't really matter...

trillian is also pretty nice with way more features than Windows Messenger, but not as much as MSN and doesn't lag either. :]

Last edited:

chili5

Reaction score
Other than using Trillian/Gaim as what Smith said, another good alternative is Pidgin, which is also a good freeware that allows you to talk across IM Networks.

The only problem with Pidgin is it doesn't communicate across YIM very well. :\