Windows XP or Windows Vista

• Windows XP

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

cursedpsp

Reaction score
So many topics about these nowadays! I definately prefer Windows Xp (I dont prefer XP - I reccomend it!)

Vista is slow, complicated - and prone to crashing.

Soon XP will be the most reliable Microsoft OS outthere - because all of the hackers and virus makers thingies will move on to infect Vista operating systems. They target the most popular - at the moment Mac is the best, virus free :)

Windows Vista doesnt support half of the software that is out there, annoying because my printer isnt supported so i had to go buy another. If your getting windows XP - get the Pro! And if your getting Vista - dont get it!

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Vista is not prone to crashing at all. I've been using it for nearly 2 weeks and have not had one crash or BSOD. It is not slow with good enough hardware, and is actually easier to use than XP, especially in the networking area (just plug in the cable and it goes, unlike XP where you have to find the wizard to run).

I have had some compatibility problems, but only minor, and all are easily worked around.

If you're getting Vista, get Home Premium at least, unless you have 512MB RAM.

Last edited:

sampppa

Reaction score
I use XP. Vista is too slow to my computer and even it not support my printer etc...

xiadow001

Reaction score
I say XP is better..... My computer can't really handle Vista. So that's not really something to compare to, is it?

It's power(Vista) v.s. speed(XP).... haha... And also, i'll just jump to the bandwagon since most people say vista is not that good...:biggrin:

Conmiro

Reaction score
Yea xp may be better. But sadly most sellers are not selling windows xp operating systems anymore with computer packages. You may be able to buy it seperate though.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
Vista is much better. I've had it for nearly two years now (i used a beta) and i've only seen one BSOD, and that was because my hardware is so ***y...

People complain vista is slow. wasn't xp slow on the computers designed for 2000?

People complain vista locks up too much. xp locks up more.

Vista has better security, UAC, which people complain about all the time, is only annoying when you're setting up your computer. I see very few UAC prompts now that i'm all set up, my software is installed, and everything, maybe just two or three a day. I mean, what does it take to click four more times in one day? nothing!

Vista is also more graphical, you can make xp look good too, but vista comes built in with fancy Aero effects, with this blurring type effect that you can't get in xp without a serious performance hit, vista doesn't have this performance hit.

vista is also more compatible with hardware. software it might not, but replacements about, people are just afraid of change.
if a piece of hardware won't work on vista, it's usually because it's really old and the manufacturer doesn't want to take the time to make updated drivers for it.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Vista is also more graphical, you can make xp look good too, but vista comes built in with fancy Aero effects, with this blurring type effect that you can't get in xp without a serious performance hit, vista doesn't have this performance hit.

Actually Vista does take a performance hit with all the effects on. It's noticeably slower than XP too. That performance hit isn't as noticeable with all the effects turned off but it's still not up to par with XP in terms of sheer speed.

My machine isn't old either and it doesn't even have official XP drivers.

And saying Vista more hardware and software compatible is a joke. XP has countless devices and software that Vista could only dream of supporting.

I use Vista everyday and I honestly would not recommend it to anyone for another year or two. It's just not there yet but it does have a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Showa

Reaction score
I honestly prefer Vista. I don't know what everyone's prob is with it, XP disgusts me. Vista is much sexier, faster (If you actaully have hardware that can handle it), more efficient, more powerful, and less buggy. I fully agree with ASPX.King.

If you hardware can't handle Vista, I would go with either Ubuntu (Linux) or XP with Windowblindes (Sexy skins)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
My hardware could easily handle Vista, but regardless of how high end your hardware is, XP will perform faster than Vista, and will still have better driver support for the near future.

I just expect Vista to be the next Millennium Edition..

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Vista all the way. My PC runs it fine, and Ive got drivers for everything I own, including a 7 year old HP printer that you cant buy anymore. And people say that it takes too much RAM, but so what if it takes an extra GB of RAM, here you can get 1GB of 800MHz RAM for £11, in the UK, where everything seems more expensive. And 800MHz isnt slow either.

People seem to be trying to run Vista on a system designed for XP, and then complain its slow. Vista wasnt designed for systems that XP was designed to run on. And for about £20 more, you could up the RAM to 2.5GB+ (depending what you started with) and Vista would run fine.

Alex

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Most of the systems I see people complaining about is a system with a P-ATA Hard Drive, a 2.4GHz single core processor and 512MB of RAM :p

eliasr

Reaction score
XP!!

The system is in the mature age, and because of this maturity, is stable, secure, compatible, etc.

infinitas

Reaction score
I do prefer vista against XP. I do remember some years back when XP has released just service pack 1 and everywhere there was windows 98. That time people were saying 98 is better than XP. But now where is windows 98. Its almost obselete. Same war is now between Vista and XP. Vista is with ultimate graphics, fast, more user friendly. It possess all the features of XP and more than XP. How Vista with more features can be worse than XP. All the drivers are available to Vista. Vista utilizes hardware capacity in better way.

zvmaster

Reaction score
its betther windows xp because of it has a lot fixed part that windows vista doen´t have yet

infinitas

Reaction score
People who don't like vista now they would've to come to vista. XP is going more mature like old people and one day it will die. Vista is young. We should always welcome present and learn experiences from past. XP is dieing. Bye XP

DarthVadre

Reaction score
Personally, I think Windows XP is better. I'm running Vista, and not having any problems (it rates me 5.1), but XP is better for running apps. If XP had DX10 I would be using it.

wenchuan

Reaction score
I personally prefer XP. I actually don't really get what the big difference between XP and Vista is though. So what, there are nifty gadgets on the side. With the new Yahoo Widgets you basically have the same thing except cuter looking. Microsoft Word has probably been the biggest problem I've had so far with Vista. The new file format that's been thrown out there out of the blue? Not cool.

like2program

Reaction score
I would have to go with vista even though I like XP better. You just can't beat DX10 in crysis. XP is quite a bit smaller though so I use it on my linux-xp dualboot.