Wordoleo - Feedback Request

wordoleo48

Reaction score

http://wordoleo.com

Wordoleo is a new social networking website based around the idea that you only have 1 word / 27 characters to express your thoughts. Spaces are not allowed in your "Wordoleo." Wordoleo allows you to connect with your friends and express your thoughts in a new, creative way!

"Share your thoughts in one word or less! Go ahead, post a word! The latest social networking phenomenon!"

______

Your feedback:

We are currently looking for feedback on our website. We would like to ask you the following questions:

After visiting the our website (http://wordoleo.com), would you be willing to register for this service?

Why or why not?

Does our website (http://wordoleo.com) provide you with a valuable service?

Does the design of the site affect your opinion?

Thank you very much for you feedback.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
AmAfraidItSucksSoBadItBlows (I think that's 27, it's been a long night)

Of course that's just the opinion of some cranky sleep deprived coder and others may have a more positive appraisal.

wordoleo48

Reaction score
AmAfraidItSucksSoBadItBlows (I think that's 27, it's been a long night)

Do you mind providing a little constructive feedback instead of simply making an unjustified statement? We would love to hear why you think it sucks so we can work to improve it.

Its different, but i like it - good on you :)

Thanks for the feedback :D.

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
wedodonotmindintheslightest

Whilst I for one applaud any attempt to improve the volcabulary of the upcoming social networking generation the short history of the internet has repeatedly demonstrated than users will use services and technology in unexpected ways. That and does the Internet actually need yet another social networking format, if so where do you believe this anonymous version of a cut down twitter feed is destined to fit into the digital landscape?

The anonymous nature of the posts also appears to defy convention as this makes the service essentially a clandestine P2P communication system not a social networking medium, a problem further exasperated by fact that the registration system despite asking for an email address does not confirm that the user actually owns it.

This lack of what is essentially a basic requirement to prevent abuse not just of your system but of recipients to any forthcoming mailshots or newsletters that you (or connected third parties) may or may not have planned for the future fills me with some doubts about the integrity of the service. It could well be that this is merely a short term oversight because the alternative explination of that you simply do not care or are merely harvesting email addresses is unlikely to be well recieved.

Things that could be added:
A l337 (Leet) translator could well be of some small use to those users not entirely fluent in this quirky dialect or that of its close cousin l33tsp33k. This could in turn be backed up by a forum where members could discuss the merits of new translations thus helping to foster a more universal language that would hopefully in time cross both physical and cultural borders fostering a new era of understanding and co-operation across the globe.

"Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation."
— Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

A mobile/cell phone friendly set of web pages might also be worth exploring as this is the natural enviroment for short messages of this type as would perhaps some form of 'App' for smart phone users.

becarefulwhatyouwishforuser lol

Last edited:

wordoleo48

Reaction score
wedodonotmindintheslightest
Whilst I for one applaud any attempt to improve the volcabulary of the upcoming social networking generation the short history of the internet has repeatedly demonstrated than users will use services and technology in unexpected ways. That and does the Internet actually need yet another social networking format, if so where do you believe this anonymous version of a cut down twitter feed is destined to fit into the digital landscape?
It has been shown through sites like UrbanDictionary that people like to come up with their own words. I personally believe that 140 characters is far too many. Look at all of the stuff people post on Twitter; most of this stuff could be condensed into a single word.

The anonymous nature of the posts also appears to defy convention as this makes the service essentially a clandestine P2P communication system not a social networking medium
Think of Twitter, how many people actually associate their real names with their profiles? Have you ever followed someone on Twitter based on their real name? Twitter is a social networking website but I don't follow people on Twitter because I know them in real life. I usually use Twitter as a glorified RSS feed. I follow the Twitter accounts of websites I use on the web and get their updates in my Twitter feed.

That may just be me though. Regardless, I will consider adding "real life associations" to user profiles.

This lack of what is essentially a basic requirement to prevent abuse not just of your system but of recipients to any forthcoming mailshots or newsletters that you (or connected third parties) may or may not have planned for the future fills me with some doubts about the integrity of the service. It could well be that this is merely a short term oversight because the alternative explination of that you simply do not care or are merely harvesting email addresses is unlikely to be well recieved.
I will admit that this is an early oversight. I wanted to make the registration process simple with little thought for the user. Currently the only feature that uses your e-mail is the password recovery feature, so I figured if you enter a fake e-mail you're only hurting yourself. However, I do agree that it would be a good idea to require the user to confirm his or her e-mail address.

Things that could be added:
A l337 (Leet) translator could well be of some small use to those users not entirely fluent in this quirky dialect or that of its close cousin l33tsp33k. This could in turn be backed up by a forum where members could discuss the merits of new translations thus helping to foster a more universal language that would hopefully in time cross both physical and cultural borders fostering a new era of understanding and co-operation across the globe.
That sounds interesting, maybe a Chatspeak translator as well.

A mobile/cell phone friendly set of web pages might also be worth exploring as this is the natural enviroment for short messages of this type as would perhaps some form of 'App' for smart phone users.
I entirely agree with this, however right now our focus is elsewhere. We definitely have plans and intend to make a mobile platform for our website. However, currently we want to focus on establishing a community. Once we have a community established we will start building a mobile platform.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited: