WordPress blog gone! Asking me to set up a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

bridalha

Reaction score
When I went to my domain it is asking me to set up a new wordpress blog. The one I had before is gone away.

When I ftp to my folder I can still see the old wordpress files, so hopefully things are ok.

How can I get my old blog back?

Also when I log in to my control panel I get a message on top saying:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]Warning! This account has reached its disk usage quota.

When looking at the disk usage I see:
659.83 / 512 MB

That doesn't make sense as I don't have files that big. I have a really small WP site.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I've restored your database from a backup.

Also, you had a large amount of softaculous backups in your account from your wordpress install. I'd recommend tweaking the settings from cPanel to have less backups be made (you had about ten of them). I removed all the ones before April of this year, and freed up some space.

bridalha

Reaction score
Thanks! I deleted all but one. I've set it to back up once a week and rotate twice.

Also, because of this scare, I'm now remotely backing up the site to dropbox using a wordpress plugin. I hope this is ok. (I'm not sure if the automation of this backup is working though. On the plugin settings page it linked me to this web page). I haven't done whatever it recommended, but I'm guessing it isn't going to work because I'm only allow one scheduler... and softaculous is using it?

With local and remote backups, I should be more comfortable, so hopefully I can do both. :)

Lastly, is it possible to get more space? With the site going to have more pictures/content and the temporary space it takes to back up files before copying it to dropbox, I would like some more please. Perhaps 1gb?

Last edited:

m001d

Reaction score
Thanks Neil. I'm slightly lower than my 50% so I'll keep that in mind.

I was reviewing the TOS just now and noticed this:

Code:
We allow cron jobs, but they may not request external content, and only 1 cron job execution per 5 minutes.

My wordpress backup plugin, like I said in the previous post, "puts" content on an external site (dropbox). It is supposed to run automatically, but doesn't at the moment (I'll look into this). Is this "putting" considered ok as per your tos? To me it looks ok.

arp1445

Reaction score
I think dropbox is not an external content. Its external facility/space. You're putting internal content to external space. Isn't it?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
If it's placing the backups externally, that should be fine, as long as the cron job isn't running too frequently. :)

m001d

Reaction score
That's correct. I'm using a wordpress plugin to back up and send it to dropbox every couple of days.

I've just now noticed my site is not accessible and after I login to the control panel it says "This webpage is not available".

What's wrong now? Please fix.

apb91781

Reaction score
Thanks Neil. I'm slightly lower than my 50% so I'll keep that in mind.

I was reviewing the TOS just now and noticed this:

Code:
We allow cron jobs, but they may not request external content, and only 1 cron job execution per 5 minutes.

My wordpress backup plugin, like I said in the previous post, "puts" content on an external site (dropbox). It is supposed to run automatically, but doesn't at the moment (I'll look into this). Is this "putting" considered ok as per your tos? To me it looks ok.
check the language of the TOS. "...may not request external content..." What the wordpress plugin does is not request external content but actually "pushes" your internal content to a external service. There are some plugins that actually turn your dropbox into a CDN like amazon does.

Status
Not open for further replies.