Wordpress Contact Forms And Jetpack Not E-mailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrrog

Reaction score
Yet from the Check E-mail plugin and the contact form's test e-mail I can successfully send. The error log in C-panel is empty. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using Cloudflare as well, in case that makes a difference.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi paulrrog,

I took a look at the mail logs for your account, and saw this:
2015-01-21 23:10:15 ** contact-form@paul[removed].com R=virtual_aliases: No Such User Here"

Our mail server requires that all emails that are sent come from an email address that already exists on the system, meaning that the From header cannot be spoofed. Please could you try create a new email address named "contact-form" in your cPanel, and try again? :)

Thank you,

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Mandrill can also be used as a web-callable API. It would need to be specifically excluded (from curl, etc.) if that's the intent, but it's strictly transactional (spammage opportunities are low to non-existent) and has some pretty stringent filtering itself.

paulrrog

Reaction score
OK, now I've got the form going to an address on X10hosting. However, I have my primary DNS service configured to use a 3rd party e-mail service with a non-local MX record. Should I change X10's MX record to match my 3rd-party service? If so will this allow e-mail to go out from my other provider?

paulrrog

Reaction score
OK, now I've got the form going to an address on X10hosting. However, I have my primary DNS service configured to use a 3rd party e-mail service with a non-local MX record. Should I change X10's MX record to match my 3rd-party service? If so will this allow e-mail to go out from my other provider?
Changing the MX record has worked for the contact form. Thanks for all your help folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.