Wordpress getting into database

Status
Not open for further replies.

libraire

Reaction score
I have installed wordpress and created a database - however when I go to connect myself to Wordpress, this is the message I get :

Impossible de sélectionner la base de données La connexion au serveur de base de données s’est bien faite (donc votre identifiant et votre mot de passe sont les bons), mais la base de données libraire_petite n’a pas pu être sélectionnée.

• Êtes-vous certain(e) qu’elle existe ?
  • L’utilisateur libraire_livre a-t-il les droits pour utiliser la base de donné libraire_petite ?
  • Sur certains systèmes, le nom de votre base de données est préfixée de votre identifiant, donc son nom complet peut être identifiant_nomdelabase. Cela peut-il être la cause du problème&nbps;?
Si vous ne savez pas comment régler votre base de données, vous devriez prendre contact avec votre hébergeur. Si toutes vos tentatives échouent, peut-être trouverez-vous une réponse sur le forum d’entraide en français.

which is to say that Wordpress cannot find the database in question - I have verified my database, user name, double checked my wp-config file and I cannot find an error - what is happening ?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have localhost as the database host?

libraire

Reaction score
No I do not have the server as localhost.

The message I am getting states that the script has connected to the database but that it cannot find the database as named. it then suggests that the user does not have rights on the database

I have copied/pasted both database name and user name from control panel to exclude the unlikely event of misspelling all to no avail.

What I note however is that the sql page of cpanel shows the database as being empty - which it isn't as I did an import through php admin.
Edit:
Problem solved
it was a question of getting the permissions right for the user name - somehow the window attributing permissions to the user didn't show last night - today it did !

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What is the database host and username you are using in the config file? Also what is the database name you are using in the config file?

Nevermind, since the issue seems solved no need for this information anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.