would like unlimited disk space

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Hi,
The subject says it. I also have a question, on initial sign-up, are we limited to 512 mb or 1 gb? The self help center says either one, but I had 1 gb then was cut to 512 mb. I understood that the 512 mb limit was for high risk countries, but I'm not in a high risk country. Now it looks like I'm over my disk space limit. Could someone please clarify?

shifattk

Reaction score

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
@shifattk, I am aware of the requirements and I meet all of them. My question which has still not been answered and my disk space hasn't been lifted yet as I am aware, is do we get 512 mb or 1 gb? As I indicated in my original post, I thought the 512 mb limit was only for high risk countries, so I'm not sure why my limit was cut to that a week or so ago since I'm not in one of those countries.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, so in that case shouldn't all accounts have 1024 mb of disk space to start with? From reading the forums it sounds like I wasn't the only one with disk space unexpectedly cut.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ok, so in that case shouldn't all accounts have 1024 mb of disk space to start with?
NO
"#1 On our free hosting service, disk space is initially limited at either 512MB or 1024MB."

from --> [ https://x10hosting.com/support/account/plans-upgrades-explained ]
###

From reading the forums it sounds like I wasn't the only one with disk space unexpectedly cut.
TRUE
x10hosting has been adjusting free-hosting accounts - disk space limit amount - for the last few weeks now

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that everybody gets 512 now (as far as new sign-ups go, at least). You should have 1GB if you signed up when 1GB was the standard starter for whitelisted countries and you're using a substantial portion of that (legitimately — huge email archives, logs, etc. wouldn't count, I don't think) or if your account is otherwise "special" (like the old double-all or Prime, which need to be administratively separated anyway).

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Yeah, and I believe the limit was 1 gb when I signed up. Either that or X10 wasn't limiting space yet, but I think that account was deleted long ago and it was 1 gb when I got my current account. In any event, where's @Dead-i? Not only do I want a space upgrade within the next 15 hours, but I want an explanation as to why my space was cut in half with no notice. If X10 wanted to limit everyone on Free Hosting to 512 mb unless they had requested unlimited which up until now I hadn't, I'd be fine with that as long as notification of the change was posted in the appropriate forums and news sites, but that didn't happen. The last post in the news forum is from the beginning of the year.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe the changes were posted in the "Useful Information" forum, which was eliminated some time ago (along with the programming help forum, etc) with the forum redesign. The country list was there as well.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
The last change I remember seeing with regard to amount of disk space allowed was the implementation of the 1 gb space limit for all accounts less than a week old and using less than half their allotted storage. That was posted in the news forum as well, but it was several years ago, back when I had a different website that got deleted for inactivity. Since then, with the elimination of the high risk plan, I assume as you pointed out upthread, that everyone now gets 512 mb of disk space, but since I signed up under the old rules, my disk space should, and up until about a week ago did, stay at 1 gb.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi bobdavcav98,

The thread that was linked here is quite old. High Risk countries have been removed, and all accounts are allocated 512MB space. Although we kept those on 1GB of space where they already were, all accounts on free hosting are on the same cPanel "package", which allocates 512MB. Essentially, between server upgrades and such, cPanel sometimes tries to bring the cPanel account in line with the package value, which is most likely what happened here.

In any case, I have bumped your account up to unmetered disk space, so this shouldn't be an issue anymore. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.