X10hosting Vps

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Any idea what type of server or servers the x10 vps's are created on because I was looking into geting one and there seems to be no information about this on the site.

Last edited:

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Any idea what type of server or servers the x10 vps's are created on because I was looking into geting one and there seems to be no information about this on the site.
https://clients.x10hosting.com/cart.php that is a list of guaranteed specs, however the internet speed that you actually get is about 7 to 8 times the advertised 10mbit port, and the cpu I have not noticed being throttled at all. The processor on the host I am on has a "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz" and from what I can tell I have access to use it all. (in bursts anyway) I am sure if you abuse the system you will be held back to whatever your plan says...eg. 600Mhz for X3.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Thanks for the info i wasn't necessarily talking abou what was available for your specific vps but the type of server that its hosted on aka the host. Thanks for the info and I get the part about the cpu usage and stuff its just the specifics on the servers that I was wondering.

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what you are asking...do you want to know if its like a Dell or HP or SuperMicro?

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
Ok sorry here is my question in better terms. What hardware are the x10 vps's run on? Like the brand, processor, and other things like that. I am just wondering because the x10 prices seem so good. Im shure that its just because x10 is good but just making shure.

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
they rent servers from http://www.limestonenetworks.com/

so i assume there built as needed with no major brand.

The Processors can vary, but there generally Intel Quad cores.

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
ok thanks that is good to know i figured they might be custom built but whith x10 only having a few servers that i know of i though they might be off the shelf dell's.

Last edited:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
they have at least 14 servers, if not more. i don't have a number, but thats a decent number for a small company.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
No, we have many servers.

8 free servers, at least two paid servers (probably 3), multiple (6+) vps nodes, staff servers, backup server.

:p

don't have an exact number, but you get the jist of it.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
ya i do and i am just curious but how do you keep the vps prices so low. For about the 7 price i've seen a bit less than the 3.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
No, we have many servers.

8 free servers, at least two paid servers (probably 3), multiple (6+) vps nodes, staff servers, backup server.

:p

don't have an exact number, but you get the jist of it.

i thought 3 of the free servers were on 1 physical server, then 4 more.
unless TechAsh hasn't updated the page, theres 4 paid servers

[edit]

also the vps are cheap because there unmanaged and corey isn't supporting a whole company with an office and such, as most larger companys need to do, so all he needs to do is cover the cost of the servers the vps's run on

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I know that atleast 2 servers use some of the same hardware because of a post by corey about absolut and antoher server having issues because they use the same hardware.
That makes sense about the second part of the vps thing.

Last edited:

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
One last questioin:
How do the x10 vps's come. By that i mean do they come with apache installed, mysql installed, if you order the cpanel unmanaged does it come installed. I know that its our job to configure them but i want to know how the vps comes right when you get it like what programs are installed other than the os.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
They come with a basic install, with bare minimum, apache, Openssh, and not much else.
X10 can set up cpanel and get it working for you if you buy that, but otherwise they won't do anything else.