x12 server down? web timeout

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I think x12 is down.

I was logged in (via the SSO page) to Direct Admin, and was doing some direct admining, and suddenly the webpage went blank. I refreshed the page, and got an html server timeout message.

Closed my browser, left it alone for a about 6 hours, then came back.
SSO page works, and accepts my credentials, but the transfer to Direct Admin times out, and my website times out.

What can be done?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I found your IP being blocked in the firewall. I have unblocked it.
The reason for the block was "Failed POP3 login" so you might want to check that you have the correct settings for that.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Hmm. Thanks for the lead.
In the mean time, I was changing ftp password, and suddenly got locked-out? again.
Thanks in advance for checking again

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
Blocked ip is probably the issue for my apparent loss of access today.
I rebooted my router to get a new ip address, and my access returned.
Will create a separate ticked for the POP3 login issue.
Please unblock the blocked ip when [someone] has a moment. Thank you very much

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
It seems my main email account will not accept the password.
I thought it was the same as my cPanel/DirectAdmin/SSO password.
I recently learned that the x10host firewall has blocked access to my email AND webpage AND DirectAdmin (based on my ip address) because of a "Failed POP3 login" on that main email account.

What can be done?

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
OK, something is going on here with DirectAdmin? I seem to be killing myself with "bad password", even though its the correct password.

Trying to ftp with main/default user name for my account: scp from command line fails with "bad password" error. filezilla login works fine.
Created secondary ftp user in DirectAdmin with a known password (different from main user): scp from command line fails with "bad password" error.
Changed secondary password to random generated by DirectAdmin: scp from command line fails due to server timeout because I suddenly cannot access my email/website/ftp/DirectAdmin account (another thread suggested x10host firewall blocks my ip address if bad password? rebooting my router to get new ip address restores access except for scp from command line)

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
bad or failed logins will cause your IP address to get blocked.
staff will have to unblock you.

it might take a while before staff will reply.