Xbox or Playstation 3?

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
PS3, better hardware, faster hardware, no RROD, better and faster internet play, and ps3 only games are better.

Errm sorry, You are totally wrong about that, Ok RROD set us back for a repair in 2006-2007 but the newer models do not have this problem, Heck my 2006 model still works... Better and Faster hardware????? The only thing faster is the processer!!! Do not start about graphics as the xbox 360 has a better graphics card,

Oh come on? Have you tried Xbox Live? and Compared it, I have and you can trust me when I say that Xbox Live is faster and better, More stuff goes on!

Just some d-bags that consider themselves smarter and better than everyone else.

pretty much the elitists of video games, more than likely they're just trolls, with money, and without any brains.

in other words, mostly 8 year old rich kids.

if you're wondering who "true gamers" really are.

One true gamers don't have a lot of money (no one does anymore) 2, we are not trolls 3, we have brains and 4 we are not a bunch of kids..

True gamers play a game and complete it before they start a new one, they understand games and play them to the best of there ability, Are you saying I don't have a brain?? I repair and mod computers, I build and design websites in php mysql html css, I can run a server good enough, I play guitars, Take that back Divinorum otherwise you will have a war on your hands :p

SO i think ps2 wins

Ermm this is between, xbox 360 and ps3 not ps2.... so it cant win, no console can win because its up to personal choice.

mothmann

Reaction score
The Real Rebel you are being a total fanboy. Defending the xbox to its death. If the ps3 isn't faster than the xbox than why do most games that come out on both systems have dumbed down graphics on the xbox version? The ps3 and pc versions of the games will have almost equal graphics (pc usually wins) but the xbox is always lower qualtity models and textures. answer that question.

also on the graphics side. Developers have pretty well already perfected developing games on the xbox. its easy to develop for. Its just like the old system but better. So saying this the graphics on xbox are not gonna get any better in the future as they are now. They are at their peak. Games 2 years from now will have comparable graphics compared to games from a year ago. while the ps3 is from what everyone says Extreamly difficult to develop for. Developers are still finding newer and better ways to work around its odd processor setup. Meaning games that come out 2 years from now are gonna look better. player smother. and completly demolish xbox's graphics because they haven't even reached the peak performance of the ps3

that being said. I dont like either one. I hate xbox because of the whole xbox live. i vouched never to buy one since the original. But i also dont have a ps3. I have a pc for gaming. and a wii for partys.

Last edited:

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
well im not a total fan boy, i do have a ps3, i prefer the xbox though due to its better looking dashboard, the style of controller and games such as halo 3, gears of war, i didnt state the xbox is faster in terms of speed, yes the ps3 loads faster due to its fast processer. Erm have you even checked? The ps3 versions are the lowered quality versions! So the xbox 360 has reached its graphical potential? Erm forza 3 has some amazing graphics that the ps3 hasnt had yet.
The ps3 does have some nice features such as bluetooth and wifi built in but to be honest do you need them ? I havent touched them on mine really, wifi is slower than ethernet at the moment so i will stick with wires.
No one can say a console is better really, its up to what you like, what you prefer, i like my pc better than my xbox but since this is between xbox and ps3 i prefer my xbox!

skai123

Reaction score
well im not a total fan boy, i do have a ps3, i prefer the xbox though due to its better looking dashboard, the style of controller and games such as halo 3, gears of war, i didnt state the xbox is faster in terms of speed, yes the ps3 loads faster due to its fast processer. Erm have you even checked? The ps3 versions are the lowered quality versions! So the xbox 360 has reached its graphical potential? Erm forza 3 has some amazing graphics that the ps3 hasnt had yet.
The ps3 does have some nice features such as bluetooth and wifi built in but to be honest do you need them ? I havent touched them on mine really, wifi is slower than ethernet at the moment so i will stick with wires.
No one can say a console is better really, its up to what you like, what you prefer, i like my pc better than my xbox but since this is between xbox and ps3 i prefer my xbox!

You are a fanboy, bias against the ps3.
PS3 load faster? in what?

You are correct to a certain point that multi-platform games looks better on the 360... It looked slightly better for most games in the past (2006-2007)... In 2008 only some multiplat games look better. In 2009 most if not all games look equal or the PS3 looks slightly better....

Don't get me started with Forza 3. That game uses many cheats to make it look that good. It has a warp perspective view on the cars, so it doesnt have to render as much poly on screen at the same time. Fake lighting on the cars. and many more others.
GT5:prologue looks better than Forza 3. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 rapes Forza 3 in graphics.

Killzone 2 has 'real' lighting. If there is a light it casts shadow to itself and other objects. and there a lot of lights in Killzone 2.

Wow, how your opinion changes this fast. A few post back you said "bluetooth psshh screw bluetooth its slow" now you say , "some nice features such as bluetooth and wifi built in"
You do know that the PS3 controllers use Bluetooth so you saying "I havent touched them on mine really", is wrong?

So? I don't want to use Wifi I could just easily use the ethernet cable, bluetooth psshh screw bluetooth its slow, I prefer the xbox because of the better gameplay and i prefer the controllers

I agree with "No one can say a console is better really, its up to what you like, what you prefer..."
Edit:
Errm sorry, You are totally wrong about that, Ok RROD set us back for a repair in 2006-2007 but the newer models do not have this problem, Heck my 2006 model still works... Better and Faster hardware????? The only thing faster is the processer!!! Do not start about graphics as the xbox 360 has a better graphics card,

Oh come on? Have you tried Xbox Live? and Compared it, I have and you can trust me when I say that Xbox Live is faster and better, More stuff goes on!

It still happens with new Xbox 360, maybe not ast much as earlier 360's. And there's also the E74 error.
You got lucky with your 360... But it's a ticking time bomb, it will die sooner or later...

the 360 maybe have a slight edge in teh graphics, but I do not see anything that looks better than Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 on the 360...

What? Xbox Live is not faster... 1) it uses P2P (peer to peer) for most, if not all games. Dedicated servers> P2P... (less lag for everyone)...
That's why you do not see any games that has more than 16 players Online for the 360... yet the PS3 has up 256 players online per game (MAG) [I tried the open/public beta] I had a bit of lag, but it was mostly on my end, other family members were streaming videos and what not. Killzone 2 supports 32.

What do you mean more stuff goes on?
Edit:
I love my orginal xbox and all the NEED FOR SPEED games

N4S games are multiplatform...

"Sony has a track record for backing riskier, innovative projects from Ico through to LittleBigPlanet. We speak to people like Michael Denny and Shuhei Yoshida who run Worldwide Studios and they have a very clear sense of wanting to create a portfolio of exclusives on PS3 that runs from big blockbusters like God Of War III and Gran Turismo 5 through to more artsy stuff like Heavy Rain."
This is why I think Sony will always have the best exclusive games...

Last edited:

redwheel

Reaction score
If you are still considering between the two the next few months will be good for ps3 with current game lineout.

Exclusive

MAG - Good FPS boasting 256 player matches.
I Played demo and the flow of the game is fun. Lacks originality but still fun.

Assassins Creed II - Platformer. Heard both positive and negative about it.

White Knight Chronicles - RPG. Cobat looks interesting and presentation is well done.

Heavy Rain - Interactive story/Game? Havent decided what to think about it.

God of War 3 - Action. Not a fan myself but might rent. Prefer DMC

Yakuza 3 - Action. Street fighting ,open city exploration, Japanese Mobsters and decent storytelling with plenty of mini games to go around.

Cross Platform

BioShock 2 - FPS/RPG. Who dose not want to be a "Big Daddy"

Star Ocean - SciFi RPG. Has been out on 360 for almost a year. Now if only we could get last rebellion.

Aliens vs. Predator - could be fun

FFXIII - RPG. Always setting bar for rpgs

Dead to Rights

Front Mission Evolved Action. Dosent look like it is a tile based strategy game anymore :(.

These are just a few I am looking forward to thru March. Also heard PSWand is being delayed

skai123

Reaction score
If you are still considering between the two the next few months will be good for ps3 with current game lineout.

Exclusive

MAG - Good FPS boasting 256 player matches.
I Played demo and the flow of the game is fun. Lacks originality but still fun.

White Knight Chronicles - RPG. Cobat looks interesting and presentation is well done.

Heavy Rain - Interactive story/Game? Havent decided what to think about it.

God of War 3 - Action. Not a fan myself but might rent. Prefer DMC

Yakuza 3 - Action. Street fighting ,open city exploration, Japanese Mobsters and decent storytelling with plenty of mini games to go around.

Cross Platform

Star Ocean - SciFi RPG. Has been out on 360 for almost a year. Now if only we could get last rebellion.

Aliens vs. Predator - could be fun

FFXIII - RPG. Always setting bar for rpgs

Dead to Rights

Front Mission Evolved Action. Dosent look like it is a tile based strategy game anymore :(.

These are just a few I am looking forward to thru March. Also heard PSWand is being delayed

Assassin Creed 2 is not exclusive and it came out already..

You're missing some for the exclusives

Modnation racer- Kart racing, where you can custimize your characters,cars and the maps, theme of Play.Create.Share, similair to LittleBigPlanet, except its with cars.

Last Rebellion- RPG- free roam, turnbase battle

Atelier Rorona- RPG

3D Dot Game Heroes- RPG

GT5- Driving Similator

all coming out before summer

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Cross Platform

???? Errrmm thats just out for xbox 360 from my records ?? (btw you spelt does wrong ;) )

You insane or incredbly high??? Thats not exclusive to PS3

Wow, how your opinion changes this fast. A few post back you said "bluetooth psshh screw bluetooth its slow" now you say , "some nice features such as bluetooth and wifi built in"
You do know that the PS3 controllers use Bluetooth so you saying "I havent touched them on mine really", is wrong?

Yes bluetooth is F****** slow! but its a nice feature to connect some equipment easily, Well the controllers I allways have plugged in when using and I don't think it uses bluetooth then... Allthough i could be wrong,

You got lucky with your 360... But it's a ticking time bomb, it will die sooner or later...

my 360 still aint dead yet, been playing it every day... No RROD it hasnt died yet and I don't expect it to.
What? Xbox Live is not faster... 1) it uses P2P (peer to peer) for most, if not all games. Dedicated servers> P2P... (less lag for everyone)...

Have you ever tried Xbox Live and compared it to the speed of the PSN, Its faster, more features and doesnt need a hefty broadband connection like the PS3, I can run xbox live on a dial up connection 56 k and it wont lag that much for me..... PS3 wont even bother connecting with that speed!

redwheel

Reaction score
???? Errrmm thats just out for xbox 360 from my records ?? (btw you spelt does wrong ;) )
Your records are wrong then. Sorry about my spelling error.
Edit:
Quick comparison of Xbox Live And PSN Features

Similarities(comparably same features different name)

Master and Sub User Accounts

Gamercards/Profile cards displaying the player's gamertag, motto, gamerpic, bio etc.

Game achievements/trophies, which are earned during gameplay

Gamerscores/Gamer Level, which are a total of a player's achievement points/trophies

Friends list, which is a list of a player's chosen friends, up to 100 friends allowed

Recent player list/Players Met, which lists the last 50 players a user has played with

Access to the Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Store, offering new game, music and movie content

Voice Chat/Video Chat

Parental controls, limiting children's exposure to other users ("Family Settings")

Inside Xbox/Pulse and Whats New

Other Xbox Live Features

Virtual Avatars representing the player's likeness

Reputation rating which is voted on by other players who decide to either prefer or avoid another player. The reputation defaults to 100% (Five stars) over time after one player has preferred you.

Complaint filing system, which allows a user to report another user that has broken the
Xbox Live Terms of Use

Windows Live messenger integration

Enhanced matchmaking using cumulative gamerscore, reputation, location/language profile, and gamer zone

other PSN features

adhoc Party lobbying system for infrastructure PSP play

RemotePlay Play your PS3 using your PSP

Life with Playstation contribute to the Standford Folding@home project while browsing the content of different channels.

Playstation Home community-based social gaming networking service

*Most Information copied from Wikipedia

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score

You insane or incredbly high??? Thats not exclusive to PS3

Yes bluetooth is F****** slow! but its a nice feature to connect some equipment easily, Well the controllers I allways have plugged in when using and I don't think it uses bluetooth then... Allthough i could be wrong,

my 360 still aint dead yet, been playing it every day... No RROD it hasnt died yet and I don't expect it to.

Have you ever tried Xbox Live and compared it to the speed of the PSN, Its faster, more features and doesnt need a hefty broadband connection like the PS3, I can run xbox live on a dial up connection 56 k and it wont lag that much for me..... PS3 wont even bother connecting with that speed!

Bioshock is on the PS3 too, Bioshock 2 is also on both.

and wire> wireless therefore (DS3 > xbox 360 controller)

So what if it's "slow". It still gets the job done without lag. Especially when you can have 7 connected devices. So games can have 7 player local multiplayer if they wanted to.

... im telling you're lucky with your 360. A lot of my friend's 360 died, mostly RROD...

Yes, I Played on Xbox Live, and the games were Peer to Peer, and there would be lags sometimes...

What's the point of even using 56k dail up to play online game?And who the hell even has/uses dial up in this day and age??!?...

Stop making up stuff so you don't feel jibed for paying for xbox live (saying it's faster, has more features and what not)... especially when both have the same features, except the 360 has Cross game voice chat and the PS3 at the moment doesn't, but the PS3 has Cross game text chat...

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
... im telling you're lucky with your 360. A lot of my friend's 360 died, mostly RROD...

What's the point of even using 56k dail up to play online game?And who the hell even has/uses dial up in this day and age??!?....

Ive had my 360 for 4 years now, no RROD, everyone I know who has a 360 has never had an RROD, at least 10 people - ill name them if you want?
- im not saying its not a common problem but it doesnt happen to everyone.

and a lot of the UK is still using 56k dial up, i imagine other places are too due to rural areas that cant be reached for broadband yet.

dontbeajew

Reaction score
I'd have to say the PS3 is the better of the two. blu-ray and free multi player are the way to go

wongers

Reaction score
blu-ray is still vastly under used because everyone still prefers to download the smaller AVI files and playing them off hteir PC :p

and PSN is free but it is a huge fail compared to XBL. id rather for XBL then have free PSN.

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
blu-ray is still vastly under used because everyone still prefers to download the smaller AVI files and playing them off hteir PC :p

and PSN is free but it is a huge fail compared to XBL. id rather for XBL then have free PSN.

What you mean under used? lol

How is PSN a huge fail compared to XBL?

stuc22

Reaction score
You have to pay to use Xbox Live.

End discussion now.
Have both systems myself..

Although you pay for Xbox live its a far more sensible environment to use and get games in.. (often think PSN seems full of kids who dont have a clue about online gaming etiquette)..

granted psn is free (hence kids using) but in time this model will change; sony previously eluded to developer dependent and controlled - i.e. subscription models for each title? Which could result in a subscription code per game - effectively eliminating 2nd hand game sales as the codes only being used once or on one console?..