xo1 issues big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2greedy

Reaction score
What's going on with server xo1 guy's? it's mega slow! can't even install scripts cause it times out, it has screwed my forum cause the upgrade couldn't even complete
what's going on?

2greedy

Reaction score
can't even install opencart

The following errors were found :
  • The MySQL Connection could not be established.

caftpx10

Reaction score
After checking my site on xo2, I have noticed that this issue isn't on all servers.
Can a link for the site be provided so we can see what is doing on exactly?

chatngox

Reaction score
Apparently their MySQL is outta date I think.
When I experience lag, I thought my Internet i very slow. Thanks guys for confirming this...

We have to wait for:
leafypiggy

caftpx10

Reaction score
Apparently their MySQL is outta date I think.
When I experience lag, I thought my Internet i very slow. Thanks guys for confirming this...

We have to wait for:
leafypiggy
phpMyAdmin being out of date shouldn't be a cause of server connection delays. Same for the MySQL server (mysql-server).

caftpx10

Reaction score
I see the maintenance page. Try using this code and giving me a link to it:
PHP:
$con = mysqli_connect('HOST','USERNAME','PASSWORD','DATABASE');
if (!$con) {
echo 'An error occurred.';
}
else {
echo 'The connection has succeeded!';
}
I know, nothing to put out the actual error but it should give more detail.

2greedy

Reaction score
I see the maintenance page. Try using this code and giving me a link to it:
PHP:
$con = mysqli_connect('HOST','USERNAME','PASSWORD','DATABASE');
if (!$con) {
echo 'An error occurred.';
}
else {
echo 'The connection has succeeded!';
}
I know, nothing to put out the actual error but it should give more detail.
thx caftpx10, but i'll just find another host there's heaps more free hosting out there that runs rings round these guy's.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I've restarted MySQL on xo1, as it appeared to be under heavy load. Are you still having these issues, and if so, please could I have a link the page running slowly? :)

Thank you,

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I 'see' xo1 being up and down today - current status - is down at port 80 HTTP - blank page - Response Headers/Content-Length = 0 - started about 18:03 UTC

EDIT: is back up at about 18:24 UTC

EDIT about 18:50 UTC - is now throwing --> [ Error 503 Backend fetch failed ]
EDIT is back up at about 18:55 UTC

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
I 'see' xo1 being up and down today - current status - is down at port 80 HTTP - blank page - Response Headers/Content-Length = 0 - started about 18:03 UTC

EDIT: is back up at about 18:24 UTC

EDIT about 18:50 UTC - is now throwing --> [ Error 503 Backend fetch failed ]
EDIT is back up at about 18:55 UTC
Port 80 wasn't down when it had a blank page, if the browser failed to connect to the site then the Apache process is most likely not running (AKA port 80 down), the Apache server could've messed up in some way.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Port 80 wasn't down when it had a blank page, if the browser failed to connect to the site then the Apache process is most likely not running (AKA port 80 down), the Apache server could've messed up in some way.
you are wrong...
did you read this ? --> [ Response Headers/Content-Length = 0 ] - the browser connected to the server and received a response header
and I said --> "is down at port 80 HTTP" - which was to say - how I was looking at the server - I did not say "port 80 is down"

caftpx10

Reaction score
you are wrong...
did you read this ? --> [ Response Headers/Content-Length = 0 ] - the browser connected to the server and received a response header
and I said --> "is down at port 80 HTTP" - which was to say - how I was looking at the server - I did not say "port 80 is down"
"down at port 80" I'm just saying that if the port was really down then it wouldn't get a response of any kind from the server.

ttbx10ho

Reaction score
thx caftpx10, but i'll just find another host there's heaps more free hosting out there that runs rings round these guy's.
I'm not being critical but I constantly search for free cPanel hosting. There are a few that actually offer cPanel/MySQL. Everyone I have visited restricts the free hosting in one or another and they all have intermittent issues with MySQL. Most of the time it was user based issue, or me (lol). But I always find my way back to x10. They allow addon/sub domain, mail(), htaccess and more. But the free hosting forum support staff is without doubt the most dedicated enthusiastic understanding trust worthy knowledgeable bunch of tech heads I ever met. They will fix the issue if given the information they need to identify issue. In a perfect hosting environment you would not need techs. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.