Your Deskotop!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Mine isn't very interesting. Just the stock Windows wallpapers with no icons on the desktop away from the Recycle Bin, along with some Sidebar Gadgets. There's more interest in what my Taskbar has on it, lol.

tworoses19

Reaction score
screenshotte.png

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
linux looks quite old and outdated.

Murphy65

Reaction score
windows looks quite old and outdated.

Not everyone uses the latest and greatest. Some prefer to use older (but more familiar) desktop environments. At least they have that choice. (Windows doesn't offer any choice of desktop environments).

Windows xp is old school windows it say in everyone heards forever, if must say what is in microsoft best windows all time i say its "! So i love that although i hawe t moment seven :pMicrosoft Windows XP"

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wow your desktop is incredibly... Empty. Mine's cluttered with things that I don't want to share XD

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Multi Screen I presume

Yep, proud owner of triplets.

People are practically giving away old crt screens and low spec PCI graphics cards can often be salvaged from unwanted desktop computers. So you can get Geeky on a budget, the only limiting factor is how much weight the desk will take lol!

Darkmere

Reaction score
Yep, proud owner of triplets.

People are practically giving away old crt screens and low spec PCI graphics cards can often be salvaged from unwanted desktop computers. So you can get Geeky on a budget, the only limiting factor is how much weight the desk will take lol!

I hear you ... nice thing about being IT is you get all the stuff a company dont want any more or extra stuff

tsbertalan21

Reaction score
Mine's a *little* messier than usual. Usually, I just keep the one Iomega icon. Although, come to think of it, I'd be happier if I just removed it. Should be doable...

And that Docky thing; I'm not sure how i feel about that yet, either.

ts-desktop.png

I also keep a netbook with its own second monitor also on my desk, and use the software kvm Synergy to control both systems. Four screens, all different sizes. A little ugly, but it works.

ts-netbook-desktop.png

Wallpapers change every 200 seconds, through a collection that's synchronized between both systems.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Turns out it's really easy to remove those drive icons:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/hide-removable-drive-icons-from-your-ubuntu-desktop/

tl;dr
open gconf-editor
go to apps/nautilus/desktop
uncheck volumes_visible

Might be different for Natty (I'm still on Maverick), or with different file managers.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I have dual monitors (it's just cut off) and used to have triples. Never really needed the third monitor...
I'm just posting because I like my background lol

Last edited: