Your food is poisoned - must read

evolutioncult

Reaction score
Your food has been genetically modified !!! -- They have Infused Pesticides Directly into the corn DNA. -- They use the ECOLI Virus to invade the Corn Cell nucleus --- They never told us !!! Your local supermarkets are ALL guilty of selling us contaminated products that are harming us !!! Research: "Monsanto Genetically Modified Corn"; - YOU WILL BE SICKENED, THEN SHOCKED. BOYCOTT: Kelloggs, Post, General Mills, Kraft, and Others !!! 'Demand' a 'LIST' from your local supermarket: "Which products contain genetically modified ingredients? PROTECT YOUR FAMILY !!! DO NOT BUY GENETICALLY MODIFIED PRODUCTS !!! Write your LOCAL Government and DEMAND that Genetically Modified Food be Labeled !!! You MUST do something FAST. They want to OUTLAW Organic Food !!! Yes !!! It's True !!! The want to OUTLAW Planting Your OWN GARDEN !!!! THESE ARE SICK, EVIL PEOPLE. THEY ARE POWERFUL, BUT 'WE' HAVE THE POWER TO STOP THEM IF WE ALL GET OFF THE COUCH !!! And, they also want to genetically modify EVERY SINGLE FOOD PLANT on our Planet !!!! This is EVIL in TRUE Form !!! The have already genetically modified, tainted, and infected the worlds organic corn, soybean, cotton, and canola. They are Targeting Wheat and Others Now! *** SOON... THIS CANNOT BE REVERSED !!! AND ALL ORGANICS WILL BE GONE !!! *** Don't go to the FDA for Help, they are 'owned' by the Monsanto company !!! YOU Have a RIGHT to KNOW What YOU ARE EATING !! YOU Have a RIGHT to DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO RISK EATING IT !!!!!!! STOP THEM !!!! MAKE POSTS -- WRITE LETTERS -- TALK TO SUPERMARKET MANAGERS -- ASK QUESTIONS -- RESEARCH -- TALK TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE STORES -- DO IT !!! MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!!!! AT THE VERY LEAST, COPY AND RE-PRINT THIS POST -- ADD MORE WHEN YOU FIND IT.
frankentony.jpg
Frankenfood.jpg
1frankenfood_1.jpg
POISONED%20FOOD.jpg

wongers

Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa, slow down there!

start from the beginning, explain where you got this "information" from as at the moment it looks to be nothing more then a spam bot shouting out some random jibber jabber about corn?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Run-on paragraph? Check.
ALLCAPS FREQUENTLY? Check.
Intelligable message due to lack of enter key? Check.

You need to form up your argument better evolutioncult; as it currently stands most folks are going to view this, see some randomly linked images with a textwall with more CAPS than punctuation, and turn right around and ignore it.

krofunk

Reaction score
In order for you to get your message accross you will need to be clear, unfourtunatly at the moment it just looks like you have gone on a rant...as this is a rather "important" subject I actually read it. and as far as I know all GM products are labeled in the uk - plus nobody has recieved side effects from the products (I'm pretty sure it would have been on the news).

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Better not mention food irradiation then,
of course what would help with a more productive debate is the definition of 'Genetically modified'.

Genetic modification has been occuring naturally for millenea, the corn flakes your grandfather ate are different I will not argue that. Strains of wheat have been cross pollinated for centuries to increase yields or resistance to disease (thus reducing the amount of pesticide entering the food chain).

Technology of course has intervened and the process has been accelerated, no longer being performed in the greenhouse but in the laboratory where DNA sequences can be altered like popping lego bricks together.

Now for the most part I'm fine with this, crossing tomato plant A with Tomato plant B to make a hybrid C in order to make better ketchup is ok with me, however like anybody with a new toy to play some folk have got carried away with Transgenic DNA splicing.. Tomato plant + fish genes for instance was found to produce a tomato with a longer shelf life unrefridgerated.

Now this sort of unnatural combination is where I and my love of technology part company.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I doubt that our food is "poisoned." Sure, our crops can be genetically modified and every farm will have their own secret but if it caused poisoning, it would stop selling products. I'm sure the FDA or other governmental agency would at least release a report of any poisonings.
Genetically modified doesn't mean poisoning, it just adds advantages and not disadvantages.

truthguild

Reaction score
well, it looks like i once again have to come out of lurking to dispell the bull****, and this time it's so thick, i think i might need waders.
evolutioncult said:
Your food has been genetically modified !!! --
yep - that's been true since the dawn of agriculture. every cross-breeding, grafting, etc, genetically modifies the plant.
evolutioncult said:
They have Infused Pesticides Directly into the corn DNA. --
not quite. pesticides are complex chemicals and not DNA strands. Inserting them into the DNA would make it non-functional and the crop wouldn't grow. You obviously did not do your research on this point.
evolutioncult said:
They use the ECOLI Virus to invade the Corn Cell nucleus --- They never told us !!!
or on this point either. e. coli is a bacteria, not a virus. it is significantly larger than a cell nucleus and connot invade a cell nucleus by natural nor artificial means.
evolutioncult said:
Your local supermarkets are ALL guilty of selling us contaminated products that are harming us !!!
if you're going to toss about an accusation, you need to be prepared to back it up. can you provide any peer-reviewed scientific articles documenting people being harmed by GE crops?.
evolutioncult said:
Research:
you would do well to take your own advice on that point
evolutioncult said:
"Monsanto Genetically Modified Corn"; -
and now begins the long spiel of propoganda that so far isn't evidenced and only politically motivated
evolutioncult said:
YOU WILL BE SICKENED, THEN SHOCKED. BOYCOTT: Kelloggs, Post, General Mills, Kraft, and Others !!! 'Demand' a 'LIST' from your local supermarket: "Which products contain genetically modified ingredients? PROTECT YOUR FAMILY !!! DO NOT BUY GENETICALLY MODIFIED PRODUCTS !!! Write your LOCAL Government and DEMAND that Genetically Modified Food be Labeled !!! You MUST do something FAST. They want to OUTLAW Organic Food
hold on there, bucko, not so fast...
first off, who's "they"?
secondly, show me the bill in any legislature attempting to ban organic food.
evolutioncult said:
!!! Yes !!! It's True !!!
asserting it does not make it true. neither does adding exclamation points.
evolutioncult said:
The want to OUTLAW Planting Your OWN GARDEN !!!!
and again, show me the bill in any legislature - or at least point out a lobbyist trying to get laws passed against planting your own garden.
evolutioncult said:
THESE ARE SICK, EVIL PEOPLE. THEY ARE POWERFUL, BUT 'WE' HAVE THE POWER TO STOP THEM IF WE ALL GET OFF THE COUCH !!! And, they also want to genetically modify EVERY SINGLE FOOD PLANT on our Planet !!!!
yet again, who is this "they" you speak of? and what evidence do you have of this massive conspiracy (as antithetical to the nature of conspiracies as that is)?
evolutioncult said:
This is EVIL in TRUE Form !!! The have already genetically modified, tainted, and infected the worlds organic corn, soybean, cotton, and canola. They are Targeting Wheat and Others Now! *** SOON... THIS CANNOT BE REVERSED !!! AND ALL ORGANICS WILL BE GONE !!! *** Don't go to the FDA for Help, they are 'owned' by the Monsanto company !!! YOU Have a RIGHT to KNOW What YOU ARE EATING !! YOU Have a RIGHT to DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO RISK EATING IT !!!!!!! STOP THEM !!!! MAKE POSTS -- WRITE LETTERS -- TALK TO SUPERMARKET MANAGERS -- ASK QUESTIONS -- RESEARCH -- TALK TO CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE STORES -- DO IT !!! MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!!!!!!!!! AT THE VERY LEAST, COPY AND RE-PRINT THIS POST -- ADD MORE WHEN YOU FIND IT.
and another long spiel of worthless propoganda

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Not to mention organic and ecologic food costs a fortune. If I were to buy ecologic food I would be poor as the families in africa. Ecologic bananas for example costs three times more than non-ecologic bananas. My mother works at a kindergarten where there is a strict policy about only buying ecologic food, and because of that they almost have no money left and risks to be closed down.

Also, ecologic food is much worse for the environment than non-ecologic food.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Most of the labels presents on food are in fact, simply marketing techniques. For more info on organic certification, read http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/organic-food/NU00255/NSECTIONGROUP=2.

Now for the GMOs, they can be useful, when they don't involve crossing species. I believe that when we do transgenic modifications is bad. We start playing God, which is not a good thing.

wongers

Reaction score
i cant actually believe anyone is following this one up!

ive never heard so much absolute rubbish lol

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
It is not only beans that are being modified genetically.Farmers often injects medicines in fruits like watermalon and vegitables to make them mature faster.Many people takes butter with bread, in butter and all milk products dairy owners mixes from untreated water to urea.Even rice we eat are well polished, so they look white and we get impressed by its color.
It may seem strange to you but this happenes in India and papers and news channels often exposes such cases.
Genetic modification of food can be worse if not done properly, it can make humans impotent and new diseases will be invented.In india people are already growing BT cotton and earning profit and it is ok because nobody eats cotton, except insects.But now goverment is planning to launch BT Bringal.Which has capability to kill insects.Unfortunately it is something that we indians eat as vegetable often.Even if it won't damage humans, it has a negative point that it is owned by a multinational as a patented seed.So one has to purchase seed from that company always and seed on his stock cannot be used by him for plantation.
When people are asking for organic food, goverments are interested in genetically modified food.Reason is lot of chemical pesticide that farmers uses for increasing production and killing insects, so we are all affected by DDT and farmers are losing money by investing in pesticides.Goverments should improve organic technologies rather than playing with nature's natural format.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Hes actually saying some true stuff. Watch Food Inc. Its really disgusting how America gets its food and what process it goes through. Anyway, the FDA has been more lenient on offenders because it is somewhat corrupt; owners of meat factories that abuse animals are taking official positions in FDA.

shdus1

Reaction score
I think GM food is going a bit out of it's boundaries. I just heard that almost all food in the supermarket is GM, non of it being nature's natural gift. I'm not saying that GM is bad, but it needs to be limited. With all the law suits being levied on farmers who accidentally end up with GM seed on their fields, it is going WAY too far.

wolf99

Reaction score
The drive for the perfect crop is actually a bad thing. no insects, less fertilization of plants GMO or non-GMO, no birds cos they eat insects.

If any one group of people or organisation acheived the perfect crop can you imagine them sharing it for free?? In fact the very advantages the pro-GMO people laud (being able to help developing economy farmers) supports the argument against. The countries that do use GM have governments that signed contracts to use that company's seed which is patented so the child seed cannot be used, meaning the farmers are actually MORE in debt each and every year paying for the seed, and they cant change because the contract with a government states either they MUST use it or it is subsidised while other subsidies are dropped.

The whole idea of farming as an enterprise (vs just feeding oneself) is that it becomes sustainable, that you use seed from the previous years crop to plant next years... this is how nearly every farmer turns a profit and it has been pretty much forcibly been taken away from developing economy farmers.

On the issue of having things last longer on the shelf, I have no logical argument other than to say, if you could by fresh produce, or produce that had been on the shelf for a week but still LOOKED fresh, what would you LIKE to buy (irrespective of cost)?

Last edited:

sedesign

Reaction score
food is just another big money industry and so they try and make as much product as big and as quickly as possible...

so if they can make a chicken fully grown in 49 days as opposed to 70 days then they;ll do it and if they can make massive veggies as opposed to medium sized ones then they will...

its all about the money!!

galacticgraphix

Reaction score
I actually agree with what Evolutioncult is saying. I believe that even our water is "treated" to some extent. Not just to remove the germs but to create a docile civilization. Fact? No. Possibility and motive? Yes. And it isn't done all at once. It is contaminated drop by drop so that you don't notice change. I know this is not a popular viewpoint but it is my viewpoint :)

bisnisku48

Reaction score
In a section people can choose food to eat, and even too much food, in another section where people can not eat not even know what's going to eat today.

At the Where are you? :confused:

patriotseminar72

Reaction score
Not to mention organic and ecologic food costs a fortune. If I were to buy ecologic food I would be poor as the families in africa. Ecologic bananas for example costs three times more than non-ecologic bananas. My mother works at a kindergarten where there is a strict policy about only buying ecologic food, and because of that they almost have no money left and risks to be closed down.

Also, ecologic food is much worse for the environment than non-ecologic food.

How is ecological food much worse for the environment? That makes no sense. GM'ed crops are designed to specifically outperform the majority of other species in their environments creating massive environmental problems. Also, non-ecological foods generally have the aid of pesticides which further hurt the natural habitat of these plants. Specifically hurting the animal creatures around them. They directly affect insects, which are killed, and the indirectly affect animals that eat those insects and the animals that eat the animals who eat the insects. And it just goes on and on and on in a cycle. You should see what the out come of many products from companies like Monsanto. The headquarters of Monsanto is in the city I live in and I hear first hand accounts from my neighbor who works for Monsanto on the destructive impacts that the GM'ed crops can have. In fact Monsanto and other companies in its field are trying to solve the trouble that their crops are causing by also incorporating organic methods in their development and growth. Specifically, many farmers are being educated on how to successfully protect the rest of the environment and are being required to as a policy by Monsanto when its products are sold. Many of these farmers, however, do not listen and Monsanto is actually given the blame. The problem is, is that the fines for these issues are so minimal that Monsanto only puts a very little amount of time into fixing the issues.

dhennen

Reaction score
Fear itself is probably not the only thing we have to fear, but it's a big one. When electric lights first came out, there were fear mongers convincing us that lightbulbs would cause sterility in men. Then, when nuclear power and radioactivity were new to the public awareness, sci-fi horror thrillers had radiation exposure causing one man to grow 90 feet tall, and another in a different movie shrinking to the size of an insect. Yet others had spider superpowers or glowed in the dark.

Need I mention those who thought a photograph stole your soul?

Now the subject of opinionated ignorance is genetically modified food. One of the scapegoats of the rant was Roundup resistant corn from Monsanto. This is really protection from being poisoned. In normal farming, corn fields are sprayed with broad-leaf herbicides that do not kill grasses like corn. These herbicides are more dangerous to humans than Roundup (a brand name for glyphosphate), which normally kills all plants on contact, then breaks down quickly so the soil does not become poisonous to plants nor to us.

If anything, this sort of product, or one in less need of pesticides, makes agriculture less poisonous.

So, should we panic when the genome of the plant has been monkeyed with? Only if we haven't ever studied biology. You can eat pork without incorporating the pig's genome into yourself. A genetically modified potato is not going to mutate you into the Couch Potato that ate Minnesota. Your digestion will break it down into its constituent nutrients.

Yes, there is some risk involved, but the progress is cautious enough to deal with it. For example, an attempt to splice a peanut gene into soybeans was dropped because the modified soybeans triggered peanut alergies. This was caught before the product went to market, because those developing the new soybeans were smart enough to test for it.

Long before some new technological development destroys us all, we as a civilization shall probably scare ourselves to death with new high-tech superstitions spread among the impressionable by fear mongers who make much money selling alarming books, articles, etc.