Show your guns!

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Despite the current gun laws which are being changed, I want to see what others have! Post pics of your guns and show them off! Here are a few of mine, I have some hand guns not shown. From the top:

AR-15 Modified stock, hand rails, bayonet attachment with 30 rd mag shoots .233 remington or military 5.56 rds

.22 Hornet made by savage arms-- this one is an old one, before they even put serial numbers on them

12ga shotgun, 6rd pump action

collection.JPG

xPlozion

Reaction score
biceps-main_Full.jpg

oh, you mean actual guns :p I don't own any.

like your ar though...

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Remind me never to try and break into Russ' house, or have an argument with him for that matter. lol.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Guns are good in the right hands. Look at it here. In florida we have some strict gun control laws, go over to Vermont, they allow open carry without a permit, and they have one of the lowest crime rates.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Russ wants you to break into his house. He leaves his doors unlocked and his alarm system off. He wants to actually fight someone. :p

zen-r

Reaction score
Guns are good in the right hands. Look at it here. In florida we have some strict gun control laws, go over to Vermont, they allow open carry without a permit, and they have one of the lowest crime rates.

Lol. If this is true, it probably has more to do with other circumstances & people's attitudes in Vermont, than the fact that they can walk around with guns.

One thing is clear, in an area where no-one has guns, no-one gets shot.

And what's with the macho parading of guns on a web-hosting forum? It's a bit like guys who have to drive round with over-powered sports cars in the city centre. Rumour has it, the extended bonnet/hood is to make up for their deficiency in another department.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Zastava M85 the best assault rifle in the world. It's based on AK47 Kalashnikov but has better handling and it's more durable.

Attachments

• M85.jpg
    M85.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 18

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score

Very true. When you find a place where NO one has guns, let me know. Someone will always have a gun. Criminals won't give theirs up.

Any_Key

Reaction score
I'll take pictures next time I go to the range, but here's my list

Luger P08 pistol
Beretta Modello 1934
- Those came from my great grandfather. He served in WWII and came back with them.

Desert Eagle .44
Ruger 10/22
Remington Gamemaster Model 760 .243

The .22 is for fun, you can shoot off a couple hundred rounds at a target for a couple bucks.
Ohh, and anyone who was thinking about it; we have a "Stand your ground" law here in Florida.

Last edited:

Any_Key

Reaction score
People who use guns to harm others are really bad, a gun by it's self is rather neutral.
I have about 18 years of Martial Arts training under my belt, the last ten have seen me at a dojo three times a week, but if it came down to it I'd use a firearm to protect my life or the lives of those close to me before I risk injury or death in a physical attack.

Try living somewhere where the use of guns is cultural accepted and where safety is taught long before you are ever allowed to handle a weapon and you'll see my point of view. I've had basic safety yelled into my head so much that I swear I hear it in my sleep. "Safeties don't work. Treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times. Never point at something you don't want dead. Keep your finger off the trigger. Never shoot at a hard surface, or water. etc..."

There is nothing inherently unsafe about fire arms, it's all in who uses them and how.
Florida realized this some years ago and put in place a 10-20-life system. Possess a gun while committing a felony, that's ten years. Discharge the gun, that's twenty years. Shoot anyone (Injury or death), that's twenty-five to life. We also have the death sentence and not much of a problem putting murders away for life.

There are historic and legal reasons citizens of the United States are allowed to possess guns, although State laws in some areas do put additional restrictions on such things.

I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. I enjoy cleaning, maintaining and using something my great grandfather brought back from the war, where he risked his life to help people on a continent he'd never seen even after his brother died.

If you don't like guns, don't buy one. It's a great way to keep from accidentally shooting yourself.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is nothing inherently unsafe about fire arms, it's all in who uses them and how.

I agree.

There are historic and legal reasons citizens of the United States are allowed to possess guns, although State laws in some areas do put additional restrictions on such things.

There's no low that can prohibit guns. If somebody wants (needs) one he/she would get it no meter what. It's the same with drugs. In my country, for example, people are not allowed to have guns. You need one license to poses and another one to carry fire arms and only some security staff and VIP people can get both and yet there's enough guns here to star WW3 LOL!

I own guns because I enjoy target shooting. I enjoy cleaning, maintaining and using something my great grandfather brought back from the war, where he risked his life to help people on a continent he'd never seen even after his brother died.

Good point here. People don't buy guns just to kill somebody (or something). There are people that enjoy shooting. Yes you would say there's air-guns or sport guns for that but if you tried both you know that those two are not the same thing. And there's always people that buy guns to feel more macho, to boost their self confidence. All I want to say is there are a lot of reasons why people buy guns.

If you don't like guns, don't buy one. It's a great way to keep from accidentally shooting yourself.

:lol::lol::lol:

P.S. My younger brother have night shooting tonight in the military (in my country military is obligatory). He's only 21 years old so macho sh**t is not really a thing here. People in my country star shooting before they get their first job LOL!

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol. If this is true, it probably has more to do with other circumstances & people's attitudes in Vermont, than the fact that they can walk around with guns.

And what's with the macho parading of guns on a web-hosting forum? It's a bit like guys who have to drive round with over-powered sports cars in the city centre. Rumour has it, the extended bonnet/hood is to make up for their deficiency in another department.

That sounds like the talk of someone who doesn't have an over-powered sports car with an extended bonnet/hood. AKA the sound of jealousy. How's it any different to the geeky parading of "zOMGx my PC has the latest graphics card-z0r, it pwns your socks off. LINUX RULEZ0RS (where's MSN Messenger?) and I play Second Life..............z0r!"

At least guns get you out of the house.

Anyway, Goldie Lookin Chain got it right: Guns don't kill people.....rappers do. [Link (youtube.com)]

zen-r

Reaction score
That sounds like the talk of someone who doesn't have an over-powered sports car with an extended bonnet/hood. AKA the sound of jealousy. How's it any different to the geeky parading of "zOMGx my PC has the latest graphics card-z0r, it pwns your socks off. LINUX RULEZ0RS (where's MSN Messenger?) and I play Second Life..............z0r!"....

I'm quite happy with my vehicle, thanks, but I don't feel the need to use it, or my guns/PC/graphics card etc as a status symbol on x10.

I don't disagree with a lot of what has been said on this thread. Switzerland is a good example of how a society can live with guns reasonably responsibly (everyone trained to use them for national defence, & despite the large numbers owned, there is very little gun crime).

However, their circumstances are quite different from countries such as the U.S. - who I wouldn't exactly hold up as shining examples of a society benefiting from guns.

The UK has had very little problem with guns in the past & as a result even the police didn't need to be armed. Unfortunately that is now changing as the US influence finds its way in, & drug problems & illegal guns are on the increase.

For those that have argued here that they need guns at home for "self defence against the criminals" - they would have liked the arms race peaking in the 1980's.....known as Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD). The "we need more nuclear weapons than the other side" excuse escalated us to the point of near-annihilation.

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Just think, if the only guns were soakers or water pistols, the crime rate would be even lower. Everywhere.