Giving 20,000 credits for the best website design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

medphoenix

Reaction score
medphoenix, yes it's good I mostly like it although here are some suggestions: The image that says "Printed Circuit Boards and Circuits for Cheap Price" is faint I can't read it easily, and the footer image is cool but you should make it higher contrast to make it more visible.

I wrote it for example.You can provide any text, so I will put in my next edition of the template. I can make it darker (both text image and footer image)

The banner is cool and so is the flash banner (although sounds need removing as you said). Is there a way to detect whether the user has flash enabled or not and automatically select between them? That would be cool.

Actually that flash enabled page will load flash if the user have flash, otherwise It will show the ordinary image banner!, So I think this may be answer for your question.

One last thing, I don't like the color scheme of white and red, becuase it looks too christmassy. Either you should change the background color or not use red.

Hmmm,, lol....;) My problem is I never succeed to chose color combination,So please tell me your desired color for that template {what colors should be replaced instead of RED, WHITE(foreground), BLACK(background)}

And please I need these information + any other changes you want (e.g.: Buttons image color, Text font size..) . If you could give these information today, so I can work on it (I'm free on saturday and sunday) tomorrow.

If you have any additional photos of your work, then It's better to post here. (It will useful for everyone , who participated in this contest)

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Actually that flash enabled page will load flash if the user have flash, otherwise It will show the ordinary image banner!, So I think this may be answer for your question.

OK cool.

Hmmm,, lol....;) My problem is I never succeed to chose color combination,So please tell me your desired color for that template {what colors should be replaced instead of RED, WHITE(foreground), BLACK(background)}
I'm not sure, because it's hard to tell whether I will like it until I see it. Try some ideas from google answers

And please I need these information + any other changes you want (e.g.: Buttons image color, Text font size..) . If you could give these information today, so I can work on it (I'm free on saturday and sunday) tomorrow.
You're the designer.

If you have any additional photos of your work, then It's better to post here. (It will useful for everyone , who participated in this contest)
OK I will try to take more photos today.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
One last thing: I don't like these bits:
2050d1208523894-giving-20-000-credits-best-website-design-image.bmp

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I give this a go...

The header is done:
namnls-40.png

I need a break now (Should watch my favorite shows on TV) and I continue later. Anything you want to be changed sofar?

Do you mean I should do the whole page or just the template?

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Thanks, i will start putting it together now then and i will give you a link as soon as i'm done...

Sohail

Reaction score
Okay i have updated a few things and finished the main page for the site design including the rollovers, here's the link:

http://sohailtech.com/template/

Hope you like it and anything can be changed to your linking :).

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay i have updated a few things and finished the main page for the site design including the rollovers, here's the link:

http://sohailtech.com/template/

Hope you like it and anything can be changed to your linking :).

A tip: Don't upload a template, Show it as a image! You may know how easy it is to press "View source" and then dl all the images...

bigjoe4

Reaction score
vigge-swe, I want to see a template (everyone else has shown me the template) although I don't mind if you want to PM it to me. Your header is cool, I like it :)

sohailamir52, that's really cool, but what will happen if the content is longer (higher)?

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Then i'll have to make it better ;).
vigge_sWe, i know, i could have sent it via PM but i'm not worried about it being downloaded as i can trust everyone here (or at least i hope i do...).

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Then i'll have to make it better ;).
vigge_sWe, i know, i could have sent it via PM but i'm not worried about it being downloaded as i can trust everyone here (or at least i hope i do...).

you are never safe with me here ;). J/K lol

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hehehehe I got a good idea! Just wait until I release mine!
Edit:
Damn IE! As usual it messes it up. Is it ok if I have 2 stylesheets for you?

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Do you mean so it detects if the user is using IE or not and automatically selects? I don't mind really as long as it works.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok here it is: http://jagf.net/bigjoe

I don't know how well the images are working (they are using greybox) because I can't access my site for some reason but they did work locally.
Edit:
Do you mean so it detects if the user is using IE or not and automatically selects? I don't mind really as long as it works.

Well, it adds another CSS file that only IE sees with an IF statement.

Just put <!--[IF IE]><[ENDIF] --> around everything(text, images etc) and only users with IE can see it.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
vigge_sWe: that's a very nice site it deserves 2 smilie faces :) :)

Only thing that could be improved is maybe a rollover effect for the images like in this site: rapidonline.com (move your mouse over the image of the multimeter).

vigge-sWe that is an excellent site, one of the best so-far.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vigge_sWe: that's a very nice site it deserves 2 smilie faces :) :)

Only thing that could be improved is maybe a rollover effect for the images like in this site: rapidonline.com (move your mouse over the image of the multimeter).

vigge-sWe that is an excellent site, maybe the best so-far.

Did the images work when you clicked them? It should popup a thing and the background would fade...

I searvh the web now for such zoom thingy.

Found it. Bad news, it costs 25£...

http://www.magictoolbox.com/magiczoom/

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score

Did the images work when you clicked them? It should popup a thing and the background would fade...

I searvh the web now for such zoom thingy

that's odd, last time I tried the images just opened in a new tab. They work now though :)

That is cool, although that thing I suggested would be even cooler
Edit:
lol £25 is too much lol, don't worry then, it's cool already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.