360 vs. ps3

BritAngel

Reaction score
Re: PS3 vs Xbox 360

What's the best? coca-cola or pepsi?... PS3 vs xBox question is similar,there are people who thinks ps3 is a lot better (myself) and some other sacrifice image quiallity for halo... i think that question will be never answered.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

What's the best? coca-cola or pepsi?... PS3 vs xBox question is similar,there are people who thinks ps3 is a lot better (myself) and some other sacrifice image quiallity for halo... i think that question will be never answered.

The difference is that there are clear cut positives and negatives about each system, unlike Pepsi and Coke.

Further more there are other factors to consider likes sales and attachment rates.

It's clearly not the same as there are a lot of gray areas and most of them do not rely on personal opinion.

bigtree

Reaction score

But they just send you a transfer cable with a new hard drive to do that. There would be no need to send in the Xbox then.

Not true! Say the hard drive is so messed up you can't even transfer files! Then they would transfer all the files for you.

Yeah that's true. There are major pros and cons to each system.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Not true! Say the hard drive is so messed up you can't even transfer files! Then they would transfer all the files for you.

Do you even know the process they use?

Microsoft never requests you to send in your hard drive for them to transfer the files for you. In fact if your hard drive is that messed up they will just send you a new hard drive, free of charge no less.

Sure you lose your saved games, but there are always back up measures for that like memory cards.

skai123

Reaction score

No disrespect but many of the tests done are done by people who know what they are doing. They provide examples like videos and screen captures.

I'm sure whatever game you've tested might look more realistic on the PS3, but it really differs with each game.

Frame rate isn't a universal problem with all PS3 games. Some games even have better frame rates than on the 360. As I said, it varies between each game.

I'm not saying all PS3 games look worse though. I'm saying that in comparison to the 360 the PS3 is usually the one to get the worse version of the two.

Examples of these videos? and most of these problem resides on the developers not knowing how to utilize the ps3 well. Now, those problems are fixed from most if not all developers....

skai123

Reaction score

LOL those videos(some) are bias.. and most of them are old..

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

LOL those videos(some) are bias.. and most of them are old..

Really? How can they be biased if they are showing the exact same game play?

And if you think there old, just keep clicking next until you see newer ones. There are like 700 matches.

Lawl.

skai123

Reaction score

And if you think there old, just keep clicking next until you see newer ones. There are like 700 matches.

Lawl.

and over 600 is user videos..

there are settings and stuff that can affect the comparision..

and you didnt see the one with the video where they used all ps3 videos and say the 360 was better? they pull the vid off after...

and it's better to compare in realife then a recorded vid...

Last edited:

iGamer

Reaction score

All I know from a moderator's point of view.. system wars are usually a source of trouble. I'm keeping out of this :)

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

and over 600 is user videos..

there are settings and stuff that can affect the comparision..

and you didnt see the one with the video where they used all ps3 videos and say the 360 was better? they pull the vid off after...

and it's better to compare in realife then a recorded vid...

Obviously I'm not going to waste money on a PS3 just to compare games.

You can claim the videos are biased all you'd like too, it's easy to say that. I want you to prove to me, other than the video that they even admitted making a mistake on, that they are biased.

All I know from a moderator's point of view.. system wars are usually a source of trouble. I'm keeping out of this

It's harmless arguing. No one should get offended by it. If it gets out of hand then it would get closed.

iGamer

Reaction score

I agree with you, but being a former mod in a couple major forums, I can reassure you that 7 times out of 10, they turn into Flame Wars.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

I agree with you, but being a former mod in a couple major forums, I can reassure you that 7 times out of 10, they turn into Flame Wars.

There must have been some very immature members then. I know x10 members are better than that.

I'm sure that you were a great moderator of whatever forum. I appreciate you giving advice, but at the end of the day that advice doesn't do anything with the progression of the thread. In fact it derails it.

Like I said, if it gets out of hand, proper punishments will be given and the thread will close. There was never an issue, and there won't be an issue, especially if I'm actively involved in the debate.

I'm not going to stop people from having an opinion on such topics, but please, in the future, have more respect for the participants in the thread. There have been zero problems in this one and in many of the past threads (which there are a whole hell of a lot of).

Now, would you kindly not make this an issue any longer and contribute to the thread? If you would like to continue this discussion, PM me.

Do not reply to this post, this goes for other members as well. It will be considered SPAM as it will derail the thread further.

fifaleague

Reaction score

Lawl.
Gametrailers have chosen to have both Super-White and Full-RGB disabled on their PS3, while they have them enabled on on their Xbox360.
When this "leaked", they just said they do this because these things are off by default on the PS3, but not on the 360.
But how they then justify doing hardware comparisons are beyond me, when they don't use the same software settings :dunno: Hardly "fair"

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Gametrailers have chosen to have both Super-White and Full-RGB disabled on their PS3, while they have them enabled on on their Xbox360.
When this "leaked", they just said they do this because these things are off by default on the PS3, but not on the 360.
But how they then justify doing hardware comparisons are beyond me, when they don't use the same software settings :dunno: Hardly "fair"

The 360 doesn't even have those options.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

The 360 doesn't even have those options.

The PS3 has those options. And I saw that video of GameTrailers using the default settings and doing a comparison. That's a pile of fail as anyone should know that gamers actually tweak the graphics settings to their fullest potential. The PS3 actually does get better graphics than the Xbox 360, however the PC still has the PS3 beat. Here's one fail video I found on GameTrailers that should not be a true comparison video, more or less a "We love the Xbox!!!!" video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

The PS3 has those options. And I saw that video of GameTrailers using the default settings and doing a comparison. That's a pile of fail as anyone should know that gamers actually tweak the graphics settings to their fullest potential. The PS3 actually does get better graphics than the Xbox 360, however the PC still has the PS3 beat. Here's one fail video I found on GameTrailers that should not be a true comparison video, more or less a "We love the Xbox!!!!" video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

So, default settings vs default settings = untrue comparison? Nah, that's not how it works.

Show me proof the PS3 "gets better graphics".

This thread is PS3 vs 360, not PC vs Consoles.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score

So, default settings vs default settings = untrue comparison? Nah, that's not how it works.

Show me proof the PS3 "gets better graphics".

This thread is PS3 vs 360, not PC vs Consoles.
Plug both consoles into a 30" 2530x1600 computer monitor via HDMI TV Tuner and see for yourself :) . I can't take screencaps right now since I'm not home.

And as I stated before, all true gamers actually tweak the settings to the best on their devices. Same goes for consoles. Since they're different consoles of course they'll perform differently, however there's no way you'll truly know unless you get a 360 and a PS3 to run the same software. What GameTrailers most likely saw was the 360 tuning itself based on the TV/device it's hooked up to if it does this.

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

That'd be hard as neither console supports that resolution.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score

That'd be hard as neither console supports that resolution.

Exactly, which is why whichever console can produce the better image on a resolution greater than 1080p at better framerates is the winner. This includes things such as AA, Textures, and shading speed.