Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Mix of tool and manual

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • Mix of Buy and Manual

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well i yust do manual coding .

Code it by my self with, don't use dreamwaver i only use notepade and context, that all .

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Am I the only one here that uses Dreamwaver for manual coding?

I never used it as WYSIWYG editor and I do all my coding manually but I still find Dreamwaver useful. In fact I can't live without it :)

TheMan177

Reaction score
Am I the only one here that uses Dreamwaver for manual coding?

I never used it as WYSIWYG editor and I do all my coding manually but I still find Dreamwaver useful. In fact I can't live without it :)

Dreamweaver just isn’t much use to me.

Just like you--I would only use the code view of Dreameaver, but if that's the only functionality of the application I'm going to make use of, I might as well use a dedicated code editor that is more powerful than Dreamweaver's code editor; and that's what I do.

Dazz

Reaction score
Personally I use a wysiwyg (any one will do) editor to get everything there, then use notepad2 and ff to preview in order to get everything the way I want it lol

I could just use notepad2 and ff to preview but the thing you have to realize about me is I'm very very lazy hahaha

Seriously though my backlog at the minute is three websites plus my own and that doesn't include the forum and blog so speed is of the essence lmao........ and I'm still waiting for one to email me his damn database of Yu-Gi-Oh cards hahaha

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
...but if that's the only functionality of the application I'm going to make use of, I might as well use a dedicated code editor that is more powerful than Dreamweaver's code editor; and that's what I do.

First of all that's not the only functionality that DW offers.

And second, I would like to know what better code editor then DW you have in mind. I'm always opened for new stuff that can make my life easier so please share it :biggrin:

calenna

Reaction score
Notepad for the coding, Firefox to see what it looks like. I copy and paste things like scripts (if already been done why reinvent the wheel?) but I tend to modify them just for the sake of figuring out how they work. Same goes for css. Come to think of it, that's how I learned HTML...

Joyce

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I use dreamweaver, for manual coding. It makes more sense.

If you're working on a design for a client, I'm pretty sure they don't want to pay you for having w3schools up while you code their site. Dreamweaver predicts your code as you type, and it makes it a lot easier to do a lot of things.

I really only use it for first creation (from a PSD). After that, I usually use Programmer's Notepad.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use DW mainly for the files/ftp manager having long since outgrown the built in 'wizard' functions and code manually.
Never been overly gifted in the art deparment so still using Fireworks and GIMP on occasion when something special is required.

khopcraft77

Reaction score
I would have to say that the thing I have most enjoyed over the years with technology is programming a website. When I work on my website, I can't stop the dopamine from doing its thing.
Anywho, I use and coding tool available, doesn't really matter as long as it can see the errors and has line numbers. I have a local server to test any changes on before publishing to the actual server. I do it manually. Manually is the only way to do it in my opinion :D.

Although I may have to try Aptana. Thanks Darkmere.

Last edited:

attaesc78

Reaction score
I've always used manual coding. I make the images in Photoshop, though.

I once tried to make the layout in Photoshop and then export it as an HTML, but it was so much of a hassle, it wasn't worth the extra time to save in coding (I already knew some HTML then).

Besides, I'm too cheap to buy Dreamweaver or other WYSIWYG tool when I can do it myself. And if there are problems in the code, I can just validate it to find my problem. The CSS and Markup validator almost always finds my problem. :)

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Since I'm not good at coding,

I use Dreamweaver. But I prefer to use hosts and all to make everything even easier