History/Geography Trivia

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
fguy, we're just joking I think. I think these two threads are fine.

fguy64

Reaction score
cool.

Name two freshwater lakes that each contain more water than Lake Superior. Where are they located?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Bear lake, and Slave lake, both located in Canada?

fguy64

Reaction score
good guess, but not even close.

Here is a clue. Lake Superior is the world's biggest lake by surface area, but the two lakes in my question are much deeper. In fact, the number one lake by volume contains more freshwater than all five of the Great Lakes combined. Fact. :)

Last edited:

fguy64

Reaction score
Oh ****, I alread asked the question. OK, well I have no more questions for now.

zen-r

Reaction score
Hehe. :naughty:

Just goes to show, ichwar has learnt nothing from all this!

And fguy64's memory is on the way out!

Here's one for you to have a go at ;

Which is the only national flag to have the bible within it?

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:dunno:

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Dominican Republic?

Ok, it's my turn:
Which island is zener currently stranded on?

fguy64

Reaction score
In what year did Neil Armstrong become the first person to walk on the moon. What was the number of his Apollo mission?

rumblebear

Reaction score
You're kidding, right?

1969, Apollo 11, The Eagle was the LM, the Columbia was the CM. July 20, 1969, shortly after 8:00 PM.

Last edited:

fguy64

Reaction score
You're kidding, right?

1969, Apollo 11, The Eagle was the LM, the Columbia was the CM. July 20, 1969, shortly after 8:00 PM.

Correct. No I'm not kidding. Everyone knows about the event, but lots of people aren't able to quote from memory the exact year or the mission number.

And even fewer people are able to quote from memory the exact time of day. good job.
Edit:
Actually, Neil didn't walk on the moon till the 21st, but who's quibbling. Oh yeah, nexhunter snuck in first with the answer.

Last edited:

merrillmck

Reaction score
Correct. No I'm not kidding. Everyone knows about the event, but lots of people aren't able to quote from memory the exact year or the mission number.

And even fewer people are able to quote from memory the exact time of day. good job.
Edit:
Actually, Neil didn't walk on the moon till the 21st, but who's quibbling. Oh yeah, nexhunter snuck in first with the answer.

Name the three South American countries through which the equator passes ... one should be somewhat obvious ...

merrillmck

Reaction score
hmmm lets think...

Columbia, Guatemala, Belize?

Bold is one correct answer.

I think of the other two as Central American countries but I don't know where the split is if each country must be either North or South American. Hmmmmm.

fguy64

Reaction score
Bold is one correct answer.

I think of the other two as Central American countries but I don't know where the split is if each country must be either North or South American. Hmmmmm.

nah you are right. bad guess, They are Central America. Anyways, I can visualize the countries on a map, I just can't get their names off the tip of my tongue. It'll come.

merrillmck

Reaction score
nah you are right. bad guess, They are Central America. Anyways, I can visualize the countries on a map, I just can't get their names off the tip of my tongue. It'll come.

The ecuator passes through them. LOL

fguy64

Reaction score
The ecuator passes through them. LOL

huh? guatemala and Belize are just south of Mexico. They are at the northern end of Central America. I just cheated and checked the map, which does.

Oh hang on, that's mot a typo it's a hint. :)