2000th Post! :D

Who do you think will become a Community Paragon first?

• GarrettRoyce

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • AdamParkzer

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Polygraph test you mean, and yes the work very well. Just last week we ejected a staff member from the pay roll because he lied on 3/5 questions :)

Well for a whole year I was staff which was a great help on the post front. Before that quite a few of them where me asking for help. But in 2 years a post average of 5 a day is not bad at all. I was at around 20+ at one point. But then again us staff had a post quota to reach every week. Those HAD to be posts helping/sorting out issues and not elsewhere in the comunity. I also created a thread once when I reached one of the thousands. But that was in the spam and testing forum which didn't inc. post count :p

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
That staff forum must have tons of posts because it seems like every time I look Corey has 100 more, but I never see him post :D

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
From what I remember it was quite busy. Its more than likely the posts in the admin forum that you are seeing boost his count.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
OMG, LOL I want to be in the spam forum too :)

Or, Corey could be perhaps editing his post count on a daily basis. I know that in SMF I can freely go into any profile and modify the post count by hand (which means I can set it to -999 or even some value over 9000). Same goes with reputation; just change the value of it with something you can enter into with the numpad. But even then, I wouldn't doubt there's a lot going on some place that's boosting up the post count. This host is pretty big.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Or, Corey could be perhaps editing his post count on a daily basis. I know that in SMF I can freely go into any profile and modify the post count by hand (which means I can set it to -999 or even some value over 9000). Same goes with reputation; just change the value of it with something you can enter into with the numpad. But even then, I wouldn't doubt there's a lot going on some place that's boosting up the post count. This host is pretty big.

There's an easter egg in SMF if you boost your post count over 500,000. Why they hardcoded it into the source, I'll never know. But, after exploring SMF's code for quite a while, there's a lot of funny business like this.

Anyone ever notice that AdamParkzer posts like 2 seconds after the OP? I think he has ESP, which is the only viable reason he could beat me :mad:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
There's an easter egg in SMF if you boost your post count over 500,000. Why they hardcoded it into the source, I'll never know. But, after exploring SMF's code for quite a while, there's a lot of funny business like this.

Anyone ever notice that AdamParkzer posts like 2 seconds after the OP? I think he has ESP, which is the only viable reason he could beat me :mad:
I have noticed a few of those Easter Eggs sitting in SMF's code. I should seriously trigger that particular Easter Egg :biggrin:. If Adam Parkzer did have ESP, then that's pretty cool. He's probably camping the forums ;)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The question is not who will reach such a rank, but you can handle such a title.

Wise words of John Klyne.

(Now tell me, when have I ever posted something un-wsie? It should be me, receiving a "The Wisest" title hehe) (I wish that existed).

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Whoa, a lot of new posts while I was away. o_O

Well with creating pointless threads like this I am sure you will get there pretty quick on the post count.

Then why are you participating in a pointless thread?

:gtfo:

Some are not, I just checked.;)

Really? How many? o_O

Yay, bring in the lie decetor )sorry about spelling)

It wouldn't work, seeing as I legitimately didn't know some +reps were not valid.

Hmm... I should try boosting my post count to 500,000 in LiquidPHP forums to see what this Easter egg business is about...

And I just type really fast. :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
A bit back on topic, I don't think that the post count is the issue, I think it's the rep. I could post in forum games 100 times a day and be at 2500 from zero in a week, but I'm not going to get repped for counting to fifty (at least, I hope no one does that...it would really defeat the purpose). I think the post count is more of a timer from stopping some lucky guy from getting repped 5 times from one good post and becoming an Advocate on his first day.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
A bit back on topic, I don't think that the post count is the issue, I think it's the rep. I could post in forum games 100 times a day and be at 2500 from zero in a week, but I'm not going to get repped for counting to fifty (at least, I hope no one does that...it would really defeat the purpose). I think the post count is more of a timer from stopping some lucky guy from getting repped 5 times from one good post and becoming an Advocate on his first day.

Your post count doesn't go up when you post in forum games.

If it did, I would probably be at around 5000 posts by now. I used to play on the forum games a lot when zen-r and ichwar were still around to play with me, and before DefecTalisman repelled me away from the entire Forum Games board.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Well then Off topic instead of forum games :D

I thought your post count went up, not the credits in forum games.

{goes and tests}

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Well then Off topic instead of forum games :D

I thought your post count went up, not the credits in forum games.

{goes and tests}

I post a lot in off-topic too. :)

Your post count doesn't go up, but your credits do.

At least they used to until I told the administrators that DefecTalisman was using a bot to get himself more credits by posting in the forum games section. An administrator might've made it so you don't get credits anymore if you post in forum games. You should test it and report back. :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I just tested and posts went up. I didn't check creds though....dagnabit.

OK Before:

2,227 posts with $6,898

[edit]No, I lied...I just forgot how many posts I had :biggrin:

After: 2,227 with $6,903

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I was wrong...I forgot how many posts I had before :lol:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
But, who has more votes on who is going to win #1 Paragon?