500 Internal Server Error issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

btechsup

Reaction score
Site unreachable, http://btechsupport.x10host.com/
- I read forum and removed the .htaccess file, which aloud me to see top page of site but none of the sub pages. It also didn't allow me to login to make changes to wordpress panel.

- Can someone please tell me what I need to change in .htaccess in order for this all to work again. I looked through but not comfortable or for sure what needs changed.

See error below:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

btechsup

Reaction score
Should mention that I put .htaccess file back after site still was having issues.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Your htaccess file was corrupt, and had escaped characters in it (most likely from using the wrong encoding while opening/saving the file).

I've fixed it for you.

thehave3

Reaction score
I received a internal error also. On my site when I logged in where its suppose to show what users are online. I get this error message.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

cuetrafi77

Reaction score
I rather suggest you to remove the part you may added in your .htaccess to resolve an error.
I added "SecFilterEngine Off" few months back and now removed that part and everything works fine.
I added this line because one of fellow community member told me to resolve an error.
If you too have it; delete this line, save the file and have a try. Hope it will help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I received a internal error also. On my site when I logged in where its suppose to show what users are online. I get this error message.
Hi thehave3,

What URL are you seeing the 500 Internal Server Error message, exactly? :)

I am receiving a 500 internal service error as well.
I've responded to your thread. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.