500 Internal Server Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneGeorge

Reaction score
Hello, I keep getting a 500 internal server error everytime i try to navigate to my website. Ive checked to see if my files are on the server and they are. the appropriate permissions are correct to. How can i fix this issue?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I don't even see a website to navigate to, all I get is an index of/ listing.

Did you remove the files? Or do you need us to check for a backup to restore?

Last edited:

WayneGeorge

Reaction score
Hi there, Yes i took my website down due to the error because i didn't want anyone to go to a non functional website. I think what i will do is first upload the files again, back them up before messing with them just in case. Will that may help? if i still continue get the 500 error i will let you know.

thank you

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Any .php files should have permissions of 0755 or 0644 . 0777 or 0666 will give errors.

Any RewriteRule in .htaccess should have

RewriteBase /

at the top of .htaccess

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Please check your file permissions of all your php scripts, php files should be set to 644 and any file that requires writing permissions should be set to 755 (usually config files e.g config.php). Also if you use rewrite_mod for any software you're using please ensure Rewritebase / is inside your .htaccess file. Also if any php scripts execute for more than 60 seconds they will be killed by the server and produce this error. If you have any further problems please re-open this ticket by going to the "administrative" button at the top of the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.